Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

Let's take the guess work out of your post. There are 2 horses on this team..Both will be fed the ball over and over again, on land and the air...The total lack of a kicking game of any description cost the Roadrunners last year and they have learned.."Those who don't learn from the mistakes of the past are dommed to repeat them."Went to see them last week to specifically check to see if this lesson was learned. It was..good long snapper, xpts and 30 yd fgs will not be a problem, punter is adequate! Qb has escapability and throws the ball well on the run to receivers that have been coached to come back to the qb in these situations..Deep threat at any time...I know you are excited about your defensive front...I can assure you that Coach Sutton has enough sense not to beat his head against a brick wall simply "because it feels so good when he stops!" ..Can't run through them, run around them...throw over them!..obviously 2 viable options that he will take. One other consideration is this is not a 2 man team...Exceptional athletes at DE, DT, and very athletic qb. compliment the Roadrunners.Hopefully all players will be healthy and both teams will play well.

Visionaire, like you I am a very strong proponent of my team. However, I try very hard to be as unbiased in my views looking at one team vs. another team. In this particular case, I feel that #1 and #3 are the two horses. I do NOT feel like Golden has much escapability or innate ability to throw on the mark. Seems to me he is very prone to rush if he's pressured - or simply just fall down to avoid contact. Secondly, if there are two or three "studs" on Defense, they sure do hide well against a good offense. I see no real standouts on that side of the ball, athletes yes, standouts no. #1 and #3 ARE going to have to carry Ridgeway to victory, if its in the cards at all! Horses do wear down when leaned on too much... ;)

Interesting fact: #7 is not the fastest Patriot !! And after #7, #34 is not next fastest!! Let's keep this little secret in house.

GO BIG RED

Actually, the ten fastest players and their 40-yard dash speed are posted in the fieldhouse.

But, respecting olddevil's will and keeping Ridgeway from knowing these times, i'll keep this information disclosed.

Edited by anotheropinion

As most of you HC fans that post on here know that the last 2 games HC has been called for an exceptional amount of penalties . Some of them were deserved and some were questionable. I really think for the most part the referees try to do a good job as they are probably being graded on their performance and the better refs get to keep calling games in the playoffs. I think there is an association in Memphis and Nashville but not sure about Jackson. Has anyone wondered, like i have, where the refs for the HC -RDWY game will come from. Surely not Memphis but on the other hand does HC or RDWY want refs from Nashville since that will be a team from that area that will play against them next week. I guess on the other hand the HVILLE - BEECH game could have refs from Memphis. Looks like HC is the odd team in this scenario.

Ridgeway also played olive branch (MS), who is ranked 1st in the state and favored to win the state championship in MS this year in the spring, and walton and dawson ran all over their defense to the tune of 40+ points. All yall HC people that think yall are gonna walk right over Ridgeway have another thing coming. Ridgeway could very easily win by 2 or 3 touchdowns. Ridgeway is the fastest team ive seen play all year including south panola and olive branch. Walton and Dawson make Antonio Connor of South Panola, a 5-star prospect for next year and the top rated player in MS as a junior look slow. I look for Walton and Dawson to run all over the HC defense. And if yall dont think either of them will be able to take a hit you should watch footage of the olive branch game on youtube.

Ridgeway also played olive branch (MS), who is ranked 1st in the state and favored to win the state championship in MS this year in the spring, and walton and dawson ran all over their defense to the tune of 40+ points. All yall HC people that think yall are gonna walk right over Ridgeway have another thing coming. Ridgeway could very easily win by 2 or 3 touchdowns. Ridgeway is the fastest team ive seen play all year including south panola and olive branch. Walton and Dawson make Antonio Connor of South Panola, a 5-star prospect for next year and the top rated player in MS as a junior look slow. I look for Walton and Dawson to run all over the HC defense. And if yall dont think either of them will be able to take a hit you should watch footage of the olive branch game on youtube.

when did they play olive branch didnt c them nowhere on schedule.

Glad you are impressed with Olive Branch's resume! Much of their success is due to their excellent coaching staff led by their Head Coach Scott Samsel....the former Head Coach at Henry County High! Btw..what was the final score of that scrimmage??

Glad you are impressed with Olive Branch's resume! Much of their success is due to their excellent coaching staff led by their Head Coach Scott Samsel....the former Head Coach at Henry County High! Btw..what was the final score of that scrimmage??

not sure the exact score but ridgeway was up 2 touchdowns late in the 4th and just for everbody elses information the reason i am backing ridgeway is bc my dad was the head coach there for 28 years and i was raised around ridgeway football

Edited by hlbaseball16

they played them in one of their preseason scrimmages

the highlights are on youtube if you want to watch

R U Kidding? You actually referenced a SPRING PRESEASON SCRIMMAGE??? They mean practically NOTHING, especially if the "10 plays each way" rule is used and everybody plays, 1st team vs 1st, 2nd vs 2nd, etc. MUS beat Ridgeway in a "preseason scrimmage" in August @ 45-6 as I recall. How do you interpret that? Are there "highlights" on UTube?

Edited by owlbooster

This is the YEAR OF THE YANKER!!!!! I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!! I now have the score that all of Henryland and all of Memphis awaits...HC 41 - Ridgeway 20...This YANKER will be in attendance...but for your own safety, I will remain unidentified. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

Whew at last !! So now we have it the whole Truth , the 'YANKER' has spoken !! We can Rest easy now that the YANKER has once again come to revive the Henry County faithful.'Yanker' I was wondering when youd announce your presence !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BIG RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R U Kidding? You actually referenced a SPRING PRESEASON SCRIMMAGE??? They mean practically NOTHING, especially if the "10 plays each way" rule is used and everybody plays, 1st team vs 1st, 2nd vs 2nd, etc. MUS beat Ridgeway in a "preseason scrimmage" in August @ 45-6 as I recall. How do you interpret that? Are there "highlights" on UTube?

I'm with you owl, a spring scrimmage means absolutely NOTHING in the playoffs in November! Pretty ridiculous of a Mississippi boy to come on here projecting something like that, especially if your Dad is who I think it is. I know the Olive Branch team well, and if Ridgeway played them tomorrow night it would be about 48-21 in favor of the Conquistadors! Try again...