11AA 20011-12 Thread

ksgovols

If you think there is no pressure in distric play then you've never been in a 10 - 0 district situation, then lose one and play the last regular season game for the district championship. EVERY BODY PLAYS FOR THE DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP, winning the tourny is just dessert after the BIG MEAL.

My guess is most people remember who WON the Super Bowl, the World Series and the NCAA tournament rather than who had the best record during the regular season. I'm just guessing though.

Whoever from 11AA that might manage to come out of this region and continue playing into the next round would have the most successful season in my book and I would imagine most coaches would agree. If post season doesn't mean anything, give every district regular season winner their trophy and let's get on with baseball.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is most people remember who WON the Super Bowl, the World Series and the NCAA tournament rather than who had the best record during the regular season. I'm just guessing though.

Whoever from 11AA that might manage to come out of this region and continue playing into the next round would have the most successful season in my book and I would imagine most coaches would agree. If post season doesn't mean anything, give every district regular season winner their trophy and let's get on with baseball.

Amen to that!

TSSAA really needs to get this scheduling thing down to a more logical state. Baseball pre-season is underway and players are still on the hardwood. For A-AA schools I would guess that many teams have players doing multiple sports. Is there a reason why we have to start in February? Could we not push thing back to March and actually give players the necessary time to get arms ready. It's a matter of a few weeks that TSSAA is forcing many kids to choose between sports and ultimately the athletic programs as these smaller schools suffer because of the burn-out factor.

I've cried this river before. There's 2 things that should happen.

1. Move baseball back a few weeks. Regular season ends in April. Extend that into May and who cares if the state tournament is after graduation a little? There should be more teams playing baseball in May than there are now.

2. Basketball drags the post season on forever. 11AA and 12AA are twiddling their thumbs and getting ready for regions next Saturday. They should be playing tonight or tomorrow night and be done by Saturday, substate next Monday and play state at 2 locations the same week and they'd be done first week in March. Instead the girls will play their tournament while the boys are twiddling again. This is the only sport where the tournaments can't run concurrently. Baseball and softball post seasons are identical. There's no waiting around at the state level. They play games on the same days in state.

If you're going to take too many teams to regions (which we do imo), then you could expedite the process as much as possible instead of dragging things out for weeks at a time. Everybody has a Tuesday, Friday, Saturday format during the regular season and suddenly they have to have a week's rest between tournaments?

First and upmost I would like to congratulate Harpeth on winning the tournament chanmpionship. Although we moved and my oldest played for Creekwood this past year, I'm still glad Harpeth won, the boys deserve it. I will pull for them every game, unless of cousre when they are playing Creek Wood.

And I think 11AA will be represented well in the region. Creekwood played Fairview twice this year and beat them pretty easy. Harpeth will have no problem with them at all. Fairview can't match up with Harpeth's quickness. And Harpeth winning the tourny, put themselves on the opposite side of Spring Hill, which is loaded. I watched them play this year and they are loaded 2 or 3 deep.

And although Creek Wood is out I will be pulling for all district 11AA teams. My prediction is Harpeth vs Spring Hill in the finals. That #1 seed is huge. But there is a lot of ball left to play.

Of course it would be great to see Cheatham play Spring Hill and win and have another Harpeth, Cheatham rematch. And Camden has been plaing well also. If Culp is hitting fade away (Larry Bird) 3 pointers, he cant be gaurded once he gets the ball. He killed us (Creek Wood) in the tournament. Good player.

Anyway just a few thoughts.

Cheatham has a home region tournament game against a Marshall County team that is very comparable. In the next round the winner of Waverly-Spring Hill awaits the Cubs (should they win). All the Cubs are worried about is beating Marshall County. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!

Camden has to go on the road to play a Giles team that is very good. I wouldn't be so quick to chalk that up as a win for the Lions. I wouldn't feel over-confident about playing them in a future matchup if I were Harpeth either.

Athletes wise, there's really not a team in 11AA comparable to any of the top 3 12AA teams. You're going to have to beat them with game planning and execution. Can't run with them, can't out jump them and unless you want to play into their hands, you shouldn't try. 11AA loses a run and gun battle with 12AA in my opinion. Patient deliberate offensive execution and making them take tough shots on defense is the best option. I thought Waverly would have the best shot with their back door game, but they got a tough draw in Spring Hill that I wouldn't wish on anyone in the first round. Their student section is hilarious.

Edited by ksgovols

Cheatham has a home region tournament game against a Marshall County team that is very comparable. In the next round the winner of Waverly-Spring Hill awaits the Cubs (should they win). All the Cubs are worried about is beating Marshall County. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!

Camden has to go on the road to play a Giles team that is very good. I wouldn't be so quick to chalk that up as a win for the Lions. I wouldn't feel over-confident about playing them in a future matchup if I were Harpeth either.

First of all you are very defensive person when it comes to the Cubs, I never said that Camden would beat Giles or suggested it. But if Camden did beat Giles I would much rather play Harpeth whcih we played twiced this year and beat once then Springhill. It was an observation on how the brackets fall, thats all.

First of all you are very defensive person when it comes to the Cubs, I never said that Camden would beat Giles or suggested it. But if Camden did beat Giles I would much rather play Harpeth whcih we played twiced this year and beat once then Springhill. It was an observation on how the brackets fall, thats all.

What is defensive by saying "the Cubs are only focused on Marshall County"? Please explain that to me <_<