South Pittsburg against Gordonsville

Roy Dillard

Hmmmmmm.......Ambassador and PowerP sound as if they have ties in the Lebanon area....Could Amabassador and PowerP be one in the same? :blink: Wonder if they might be South Pitt Sweatervests?????? :ph34r:

Don't lump me in with that knuckehead. I don't have any ties to the Lebanon area. I always check out Gordonsvilld at least once during the regular season. I have done it for the past 4-5 years. I decided to come to the Nashville Christian game because I had to be in Shelbyville that day so I just drove on over.

I can see it now.. all the pirate fans lined up getting autographs from the living legend and wearing roy dillard sweatshirts....captain crazy banging on the locker room door blowing snot and yelling "bring um on out" :roflol: that guy cracks me up. Im hearing some carthage fans will be there dressed in black to support SP :angry: Must not be a basketball game that night across the river. Anyway ive seen some great games between these two teams and im hoping pitt comes in as confident as the posters on here. I dont think you will see any fake punts this time, these tigers have a different mindset. To quote the great bum phillips " two years ago we knocked on your door...last year we banged on it...and this time were gonna kick the S.O.B. down !!!

I can see it now.. all the pirate fans lined up getting autographs from the living legend and wearing roy dillard sweatshirts....captain crazy banging on the locker room door blowing snot and yelling "bring um on out" :roflol: that guy cracks me up. Im hearing some carthage fans will be there dressed in black to support SP :angry: Must not be a basketball game that night across the river. Anyway ive seen some great games between these two teams and im hoping pitt comes in as confident as the posters on here. I dont think you will see any fake punts this time, these tigers have a different mindset. To quote the great bum phillips " two years ago we knocked on your door...last year we banged on it...and this time were gonna kick the S.O.B. down !!!

I can assure you that the team doesn't share some of these crazy thoughts that some of these posters seem to have about the game. You are going to knock the S.O.B down huh? Well I hope you don't knock it down but I won't be surprised if you do. I told you before, Gordonsville is the team to beat because the home field advantage. I'm still pissed over that crap of us traveling as a district champ. It's really kinda comical that we won the district and traveled three rounds. What is the tigers mindset? Do they believe they will beat South Pitt rather handily in this one or do they think it will be a typical tough game?

So, this thread is finally picking up some steam after a couple of lackluster days and some SP marital squabbles. :flower:

Now, there's some trash being thrown out and such.

With that said, here's my rundown of the game.

What worries me is SP getting to the corners, however, we've contained well all season. And, I'm not feeling too warm and fuzzy if Johnson and Lankford are in the backfield at the same time. There's just too much to key on.

I don't think Gville's offense will win it for them, so they have to rely on their defense to make some stops and opportunities and they'll definitely need to be opportunistic.

Special teams concerns me in that we have to kick to them, and we have stop SP on the 2 point conversions. If we can, that will help us immensely.

On offense, we have to take advantage of what we're given. In the past SP has liked to blitz. I expect more of the same, and when they do, they leave other things open. We have to exploit them.

And all in all, we have to be physical, sound, and nasty.

Here's to a heckuva game. :thumb:

Oh, I'm picking Gville 28-26. Not making the 2 pt conversions can be costly.

Edited by croz6110

I can assure you that the team doesn't share some of these crazy thoughts that some of these posters seem to have about the game. You are going to knock the S.O.B down huh? Well I hope you don't knock it down but I won't be surprised if you do. I told you before, Gordonsville is the team to beat because the home field advantage. I'm still pissed over that crap of us traveling as a district champ. It's really kinda comical that we won the district and traveled three rounds. What is the tigers mindset? Do they believe they will beat South Pitt rather handily in this one or do they think it will be a typical tough game?

They're expecting the run of the mill Gville-SP showdown. :rolleyes:

They know it will be tough no matter what.

They're expecting the run of the mill Gville-SP showdown. :rolleyes:

They know it will be tough no matter what.

I wonder what kind of no-class stunt they will pull this year before the game starts. Remember last year when you stomped on that Big ole Power P in the middle of the field. You all just stirred up a hornet's nest do that little number. :roflol:

I wonder what kind of no-class stunt they will pull this year before the game starts. Remember last year when you stomped on that Big ole Power P in the middle of the field. You all just stirred up a hornet's nest do that little number. :roflol:

For one, I didn't stomp on nothing, and I was embarrassed from the time it started.

This is a completely different group of kids with a different mindset.

So, you can keep living vicariously through the Pirates. :mrgreen:

I do agree with you though. I believe Gville was in their heads a little until then.

Then, the rest is history. :unsure:

Well I'm haven't a thought time sleeping I'm gettin to pumped up for this game! So I thought I would tell ask you tigger lover if what I heard to expect it true

I heard you guys got that big boy back and that passer you guys got is really more of a runner

I also heard you guys had all your line graduate but that big fella but these guys are even tougher than this year

And you don't really have one back .... You guys got a couple that rotate in and out

I heard you guys are physical and only pass I you got to

Well I feel like my source are pretty reliable so if it's true just let me know

If not set me straight ;) see you guys Friday!