Red Rebels

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale

Points scored in 13 games 489

Avg points per game 37.61

Advantage Rebels ...another victim enters the "Black Hole" and is unable to escape

Ok, I am going to analyze it like a Harris Poll voter or one of the BCS Computers...

Bear with me...

Riverdale won 42-14 at Lavergne.

Lavergne beat CAK 43-42

CAK beat Alcoa 24-14 and 38-37

Alcoa lost 19-26 to Maryville.

If it works for the BCS it has to work for 6A football - right? So take the 28 difference between Rivedale and Lavergne. Add 1 point for difference between Lavergne and CAK. Carry the nine. Add the 11 that was difference between CAK and Alcoa. Subtract 7 from the difference between Alcoa and Maryville. Drop the nine. Where was I? Oh yeah, I see Arkansas beating LSU, climbing to number 1, losing to Georgia and setting up a LSU-Bama rematch. Whew - this counting stuff is hard work....

Not gonna lie, after MHS beat RD back in '09, I was on their side of the field after the game and was surprised at the profane and disrespectful language some parents and fans were yelling at the MHS players. It appears that that group was a minority and if my Rebels aren't able to pull out the W on friday, I will be pulling for RD in Cookeville! The RD fans on here are a class act!

I think you will find every school, from Florida to yes, even my Tide, has some fans like that. I have found it is usually either the new bandwagon fans or people who think they are fans but don't have a clue what being a true fan means. And I think you will find that every school also has old-time fans, who love the game but understand that it is just a game. You will find fans like that at Gillette's on the strip at T-Town partying with LSU or UT fans. I live by a motto that kids can't pick their parents. Sadly, schools can't pick their fans either.

LOL! Interesting math exercise...unfortunately that probably IS the way the BCS computers calculate their power ratings!

Just remember in scoring comparisons that Maryville basically hasn't played their first team in the second half since the fourth game of the season...well, they did play in the third quarter last week against Sevier County....

Another dining option would be next to the airport at intersection of I-140 and Alcoa Highway, which would probably be easier to get to than going through all of the red lights that have now popped up on US 321. The restaurant is the Courtyard Grille. It has a similar menu and atmosphere as Aubrey's, but is more group friendly with a couple of private rooms you could use depending on the number of people you have...All you have to do is call ahead and let them know you're coming....

Courtyard Grille

Ok, I am going to analyze it like a Harris Poll voter or one of the BCS Computers...

Bear with me...

Lavergne beat CAK 43-42

If it works for the BCS it has to work for 6A football - right? So take the 28 difference between Rivedale and Lavergne. Add 1 point for difference between Lavergne and CAK. Carry the nine. Add the 11 that was difference between CAK and Alcoa. Subtract 7 from the difference between Alcoa and Maryville. Drop the nine. Where was I? Oh yeah, I see Arkansas beating LSU, climbing to number 1, losing to Georgia and setting up a LSU-Bama rematch. Whew - this counting stuff is hard work....

Mr Limbaugh, the Milling Company is excellent. Just does not fit the pre-game atmosphere. Also, seating would be a problem.

It was mentioned by a previous post the 1 or 2 plus buses would be wise to choose the common area of the Brewery. The Warrior fans could choose among 3 restaurants. S M Brewery, Marlin & Rays or Aubrey's.

The Milling Co. is very expensive. And you couldnt park two busses.

Bear with me...

Lavergne beat CAK 43-42

This works :roflol::thumb:

Two years ago Aubrey's was great! Great service. Awesome food. Plenty of TVs - we got two buses of folks in and out pretty quickly - we had called in advance and warned them we were coming so they had plenty of help while we were there.

But we lost.... :o

I think Riverdaleman and TruckDriver have decided on the mill place - right Riverdaleman?

Mr. Limbaugh: How many people will be in your party. If you want to go to Foothills Milling Company, you need to call for reservations today! It fills up quickly. It is pricey and it won't handle a large group but as far as good food, it is the best in the whole area. You are also likely to see the retired Voice of the Vols, John Ward there on any given night.

If your group is large, Whistlestop Cafe won't work either. 10-12 would be fine but you might call Don (the owner) and tell him you're coming. The number is 865/995-0823. I disagree with coming in on I-140 instead of Hwy 321. 321 is a straight shot and the stop lights in Lenoir City really aren't that bad. Plus it's very scenic coming into Blount County that way. Friendsville is right on 321 and Whistlestop is easy to find.

Just a little bit beyond Friendsville is the turnoff to Allison's Catfish. Definitely a one-of-a-kind place and again, right off 321. You won't need reservations if you get there close to opening at 5. Fried catfish is their specialty.

Aubrey's is still good and a limited chain. I'm not a big fan of Courtyard Grill. Smoky Mountain Brewery (not far from MHS) is a good choice for a larger group. It's more pub fare than anything else but isn't a big chain so the food isn't all thawed and microwaved.

Safe travels.

Another dining option would be next to the airport at intersection of I-140 and Alcoa Highway, which would probably be easier to get to than going through all of the red lights that have now popped up on US 321. The restaurant is the Courtyard Grille. It has a similar menu and atmosphere as Aubrey's, but is more group friendly with a couple of private rooms you could use depending on the number of people you have...All you have to do is call ahead and let them know you're coming....

Courtyard Grille

Good rolls. They handle large groups well and I think I know who Earl is. :roflol:

:thumb: