Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

I havent been on here in a few days. My Daddy had a massive stroke yesterday morning. Any word on the starting Riverdale QB? How was the MRI? Good report I hope.

Praying for your dad and family. Hope all goes well with his recovery.

Hate to hear that Riverdale's starting QB tore both his ACL and MCL....will be praying for that young man, feel so bad for him having to miss this game ( knowing he is wanting to play so bad )....

Looking forward to this game, looks like the black hole will have a soft field again...hope the rain quits soon and moves on.

Riverdale

Points scored in 13 games 489

Avg points per game 37.61

Points allowed in 13 games 196

Avg points allowed per game 15.07

Maryville

Points scored in 13 games 498

Avg points per game 38.30

Points allowed in 13 games 99

Avg points per game 7.61

Have not seen Riverdale play at all this year, consider them a great football team, their record and stats per game are impressive as well. I have heard that the offense they run was geared with everything going through the starting QB ( who is now out of the game ). Unfortunately for RD this is a setback that I think will play a definite role in how well their offense flows. The "Black Hole" is not a place to be without your best at any position. Maryville is very physical up front (on offense and defense). Our pass coverage is outstanding with great tackling from all our LB's / DB's. Sevierville had a great passing attack that was shut down, all except the WR screens to the sidelines for 5 yds, then we made the tackle ( great Def call by Gaylor and GQ ) forcing Sevierville to have 12 - 15 play drives that would end in a some mistake / very hard to have an offense efficient enough to drive all the way down field with short plays.

Advantage Rebels ...another victim enters the "Black Hole" and is unable to escape

Looking forward to seeing a great crowd on Friday night.....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all the Riverdale fans and Rebel fans (anyone reading this post) God Bless

Edited by Rebels5star

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Riverdale folks, Starsnbars has not been around electricity in a while. He will not be inside the stadium until after the start of the 4th quarter. Great fan, but we have tried to have him seek counseling! He does not threaten women or children.......just those which offend his Rebels!

Seriously though, the field is looking great and the weather even better. C'mon Warrior caravan. We can not wait to have yall here for a great football game.

GO Rebels!!!

cruiser71.....Hit will bee Black Fridee and eye'll bee thair urlee....Eye wondur if'un thay wood haiv sum sangin' goin on down thair urlee at tha Brewery????.....Tha Hogman, Mammy and Tiny...and ov corse tha cuzzins ov momma's that play tha worsh-boreds and tubbs ere vurry good.... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Hey Riverdaleman,

I have to voice my opinion on the restaurant choice. Not that my Son works there as a host, but it is without a doubt Aubreys'! Great food and service and of course, kid friendly. The best catfish tenders, pasta and pizza in Blount County. Sorry, I am not as talented as Stars to link the menu, but search Aubreys' and one can find a menu. 7/8 mile from the 'Black Hole' two right hand turns and you're there from Aubreys'

Eat a bunch...after all it is Thanksgiving! Travel safe and Go Rebels!!!

Hey Riverdaleman,

I have to voice my opinion on the restaurant choice. Not that my Son works there as a host, but it is without a doubt Aubreys'! Great food and service and of course, kid friendly. The best catfish tenders, pasta and pizza in Blount County. Sorry, I am not as talented as Stars to link the menu, but search Aubreys' and one can find a menu. 7/8 mile from the 'Black Hole' two right hand turns and you're there from Aubreys'

Eat a bunch...after all it is Thanksgiving! Travel safe and Go Rebels!!!

http://www.aubreysrestaurant.com/aubreys/

Two years ago Aubrey's was great! Great service. Awesome food. Plenty of TVs - we got two buses of folks in and out pretty quickly - we had called in advance and warned them we were coming so they had plenty of help while we were there.

But we lost.... :o

I think Riverdaleman and TruckDriver have decided on the mill place - right Riverdaleman?

Two years ago Aubrey's was great! Great service. Awesome food. Plenty of TVs - we got two buses of folks in and out pretty quickly - we had called in advance and warned them we were coming so they had plenty of help while we were there.

I think Riverdaleman and TruckDriver have decided on the mill place - right Riverdaleman?

Mr Limbaugh, the Milling Company is excellent. Just does not fit the pre-game atmosphere. Also, seating would be a problem.

It was mentioned by a previous post the 1 or 2 plus buses would be wise to choose the common area of the Brewery. The Warrior fans could choose among 3 restaurants. S M Brewery, Marlin & Rays or Aubrey's.

Hey David, Seriously, The milling location is really not what a large group may be looking for. A very small and pricey menu. Probably too late to accommodate a large group. Trust me, we want your trip to be memorable, but in a good way. Except on the gridiron.

Psst... lean in. Let ya in on a little secret, but don't tell anybody - ok?

Riverdaleman and others suggest where to eat every road trip. But someone else makes the call. And we always agree with her with no argument whatsoever. :thumb: The key to keeping every family happy. :D

I will find out tomorrow morning about buses for the trip and where she has decided were are going to eat. Will let everyone know....

Praying for your dad and family. Hope all goes well with his recovery.

Hate to hear that Riverdale's starting QB tore both his ACL and MCL....will be praying for that young man, feel so bad for him having to miss this game ( knowing he is wanting to play so bad )....

Looking forward to this game, looks like the black hole will have a soft field again...hope the rain quits soon and moves on.

Advantage Rebels ...another victim enters the "Black Hole" and is unable to escape

We are fortunate to have a pretty talented senior as our backup quarterback. Most of the time that is not the case.

As far as escaping from a black hole, it has been done in the laboratory. Physicists Demonstrate How Information Can Escape From Black Holes

I wonder if we can figure out what they did by Friday? :P

well we cant go back to aubreys...I guess when the powers that be call they can check and make sure they have plenty of seating to serve all of us if not then another spot it is Im not married to any location i just want to EAT LOL