Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

MRI done, anyone know results for sure? My guess is that doctors are already convinced torn ACL, just doing MRI to confirm and determine additional damage. Too bad. With Maryville at home and with QB out, the Rebels have to be favorites. Probably would have been a toss up at a neutral site with both teams full strength.

NOT.....MARYVILLE BY 30 EITHER WAY.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We plan our trips around the game and food. We use the food as an excuse to get together and have fun before the game. We remember our trips by where we ate and how we did. Do good - eat there again. Lose - new place next time.

Very happy ya'll are coming to Maryville. Looking forward to a great game. We have tremendous respect for the whole program at Riverdale, players, coaches, fans and even announcers. I remember how complimentary and gracious everyone was after a tough loss in "The Black Hole" two years ago. I hope we would also be so sportsmanlike in defeat.

As to the eating, I hope you enjoyed Aubrey's in spite of the loss. You really don't think where you eat at determines the outcome of the game, do you? If you do (light-hearted shot here), you may want to choose a place you only want to eat at once.

All of those previously suggested eating establishments are fine choices. Several have been added since you last visited; Cheddars, Olive Garden, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Buffalo Wild Wings, Chili's, etc. (These are located in Alcoa-Hamilton Crossing)

Have a safe trip! Enjoy some good eats! Win or lose we are honored to host the Mighty Riverdale Warrior family!

Very happy ya'll are coming to Maryville. Looking forward to a great game. We have tremendous respect for the whole program at Riverdale, players, coaches, fans and even announcers. I remember how complimentary and gracious everyone was after a tough loss in "The Black Hole" two years ago. I hope we would also be so sportsmanlike in defeat.

As to the eating, I hope you enjoyed Aubrey's in spite of the loss. You really don't think where you eat at determines the outcome of the game, do you? If you do (light-hearted shot here), you may want to choose a place you only want to eat at once.

All of those previously suggested eating establishments are fine choices. Several have been added since you last visited; Cheddars, Olive Garden, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Buffalo Wild Wings, Chili's, etc. (These are located in Alcoa-Hamilton Crossing)

Have a safe trip! Enjoy some good eats! Win or lose we are honored to host the Mighty Riverdale Warrior family!

Thank you for the kind words. We are a superstitious bunch. Lol. But it actually comes from wanting to go to a place we have never been to before. Where the locals eat type of place. Example if you are ever in Nashville is Prince's Chicken. Here in the boro would be a place like Miller Grocery. Look forwarding to seeing ya soon.

Thank you for the kind words. We are a superstitious bunch. Lol. But it actually comes from wanting to go to a place we have never been to before. Where the locals eat type of place. Example if you are ever in Nashville is Prince's Chicken. Here in the boro would be a place like Miller Grocery. Look forwarding to seeing ya soon.

Your first choice is right on the way: Whistlestop Cafe in downtown Friendsville. Opens at 5. You won't be disappointed. Definitely a one-of-a-kind place. Also on the way is Allison's Catfish. They also open at 5 so if you're there when they open you will be at the game in plenty of time.

Other purely "local" places to consider: Bread of Heaven in Alcoa, Becky's Grill in Rocky Branch, and Aroma Cafe in Eagleton. If you are looking for really great food, make reservations at Dancing Bear Lodge and Restaurant in Townsend or Foothills Milling Company in downtown Maryville. But don't go without reservations.

All of these places meet your criteria.

Limbaugh, Toot's was exellent, thanks for that tip.

Having seen both teams play, here's my 2 cents worth. Riverdale is very good, much better than last year and tons better than 09. With Woodruff, I would make them a 3 point dog at the Black Hole, without him I would have to say 10 pts. Riverdale is really fast and athletic, not that that's anything new to Maryville, but this team is especially fast and athletic across the board.

But (big ole but), Maryville is so fundamentally sound and well coached. Maryville will be the best team RHS has played this year by a bunch. It will be a huge challenge for them especially if qb does not play. The backup is servicable, but Woodruff is what makes that team go, without him I don't think they will be the same team we saw Friday. Plus Maryville is so physical upfront especially on offense. I think they will handle the RHS front, giving them running lanes for Prevo and Robinette. We just couldn't open up the lanes. They whipped us upfront, that won't happen to MHS in this game. Both defenses are solid, points will be hard to come by. I will take Maryville in this one. The offense is just too good overall. I will say:

Maryville 28-14

:thumb::thumb: Well, another Riverdale week for one of us to punch the ticket for state finals. It's very unfortunate to hear about the Riverdale QB. The Rebel Nation wishes him and his family well!

Years ago when these two teams were in different classifications, many Rebel fans would stay after our championship game and watch the Warriors and ponder the future when these two teams could meet for similar stakes. In 2009, this opportunity became reality and the rivalry had begun. It was exciting to see a new community invade the "Black Hole" and support and decorate in the manner they did.

Now, just one little bit of information. The Riverdale fan base has been offered much advice regarding restaurants, hotels etc. Just a reminder, flags on poles and smoking are not permitted on campus. By all means, bring your Tee-pee, but please just don't light it up?

Good luck to your team and travel safely.

Keep in mind, we are on this site to simply have fun. Let's allow the kids to have fun Friday night and dertermine the victor.

Go Rebels!!!

:thumb::thumb: Well, another Riverdale week for one of us to punch the ticket for state finals. It's very unfortunate to hear about the Riverdale QB. The Rebel Nation wishes him and his family well!

Years ago when these two teams were in different classifications, many Rebel fans would stay after our championship game and watch the Warriors and ponder the future when these two teams could meet for similar stakes. In 2009, this opportunity became reality and the rivalry had begun. It was exciting to see a new community invade the "Black Hole" and support and decorate in the manner they did.

Now, just one little bit of information. The Riverdale fan base has been offered much advice regarding restaurants, hotels etc. Just a reminder, flags on poles and smoking are not permitted on campus. By all means, bring your Tee-pee, but please just don't light it up?

Good luck to your team and travel safely.

Keep in mind, we are on this site to simply have fun. Let's allow the kids to have fun Friday night and dertermine the victor.

Go Rebels!!!

Well sed....cruiser71red....If'un thay brang spears rekkon cain we brang a flag pole wifout a pointed end???.... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS