Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

Cause we love eating almost as much as football.

Senator, I worked for about 12 years in Memphis and know a little about the cuisine. Is Interstate BBQ still open?

If both our teams make Cookeville I'll meet you there and bring some delicacy from the mountains if you bring me some ribs!

Indeed Interstate BBQ is still open over on Third St/HWY 61. However as a person who hasn't knowingly eaten Pork since 2002 I couldn't promise you those ribs. Too Tempting! How would you like some BBQ chicken if we're fortunate enough to make it to my College Stomping Grounds in Cookeville along with yall. :hungry::thumb:

Wait a minute you done sucked me into talking about food with you :)

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed Interstate BBQ is still open over on Third St/HWY 61. However as person who hasn't knowingly eaten Pork since 2002 I couldn't promise you those ribs. Too Tempting! How would you like some BBQ chicken if we're fortunate enough to make it to my College Stomping Grounds in Cookeville along with yall. :hungry::thumb:

Wait a minute you done sucked me into talking about food with you :)

Chicken is good with me. Now here's to both our teams taking care of business Friday and I'll see you in Cookeville!

Agreed, The DNJ does a great job covering sports. They will have great articles by local writers all week long. Maryville folks need to check out their website to see how a local newpaper can support local high school sports. If you agree after seeing their articles, contact our local paper and encourage them to step it up.

NOOOO DONT LET TOM READ THIS LOL!!!!!ive been picking on him all week now

We do appreciate Tom as he has a whole lot on his plate with all the high schools we have in the county

************************Slowly Raises Hand entering the Thread**********************

First off I want to give much respect to BOTH Maryville and Riverdale Programs for being POWERS in Tenn. High School Football since the 90s, BUT I must ask, why are yall on here talking so much about Food? LOL :roflol:

Just Asking :thumb:

Hope the Riverdale QB isn't injured. Is that the same Starter from last season? He was a 10th grader last year right?

Yes same starter and was a 10th grader last year! Hopefully he will be good to go next week but we still don't know yet! GO WARRIORS! :hungry: Hey now i'm getting hungry! Had to stop watching the food channel at night and now i will have to stop posting on here because all this talk of food is making me :hungry:

Edited by warhawks

Yes same starter and was a 10th grader last year! Hopefully he will be good to go next week but we still don't know yet! GO WARRIORS! :hungry: Hey now i'm getting hungry! Had to stop watching the food channel at night and now i will have to stop posting on here because all this talk of food is making me :hungry:

I remember watching that young QB on film last year (vs. Blackman). He's a player for sure. If he's out, that'll be an extremely difficult situation for Riverdale to overcome.

he is a BEAST in my opinion he is better than Dave Thomas and he was a Mr football and a state championship mvp...however i am afaid the Maryville fans wont get to see him BUT THAT IS OK we have Andrew Dale who is a SR and we are going to come out fightin...

Dillon Woodruff is a beast, and i was expecting him to be. I was impressed with him last year when we played Riverdale.! to be honest he kinda reminds me of Maryville's QB.. Very similar. Tall, rangy, fast, elusive and can throw pretty well!