Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb::thumb: Well, another Riverdale week for one of us to punch the ticket for state finals. It's very unfortunate to hear about the Riverdale QB. The Rebel Nation wishes him and his family well!

Years ago when these two teams were in different classifications, many Rebel fans would stay after our championship game and watch the Warriors and ponder the future when these two teams could meet for similar stakes. In 2009, this opportunity became reality and the rivalry had begun. It was exciting to see a new community invade the "Black Hole" and support and decorate in the manner they did.

Now, just one little bit of information. The Riverdale fan base has been offered much advice regarding restaurants, hotels etc. Just a reminder, flags on poles and smoking are not permitted on campus. By all means, bring your Tee-pee, but please just don't light it up?

Good luck to your team and travel safely.

Keep in mind, we are on this site to simply have fun. Let's allow the kids to have fun Friday night and dertermine the victor.

Go Rebels!!!

I kinda liked those sledge hammers and cussing cheerleaders they brought with them. That was a fun night.

Nice try, but not very original with modifying the Arkansas state flag and Alcoa's logo....

That is why it's funny Earl. I took the Alcoa logo and made it into a Maryville logo. I was going to past it on the side of a pic of Broadway Towers so it resembled the continuous cold rolling mill at the Alcoa North Plant. I never could find a photo of Broadway Towers from the right angle to make it work right. I will finish it and submit the rough draft for your approval before posting.

The Arkansas flag is another story. I was going to have one of my kids carry a real Arkansas flag (strategically folded) into a game at one of these schools that ban the Southern Cross and video tape it. :ph34r:

That is why it's funny Earl. I took the Alcoa logo and made it into a Maryville logo. I was going to past it on the side of a pic of Broadway Towers so it resembled the continuous cold rolling mill at the Alcoa North Plant. I never could find a photo of Broadway Towers from the right angle to make it work right. I will finish it and submit the rough draft for your approval before posting.

The Arkansas flag is another story. I was going to have one of my kids carry a real Arkansas flag (strategically folded) into a game at one of these schools that ban the Southern Cross and video tape it. :ph34r:

That logo on the Broadway WOULD BE VERY FUNNY! Hope you can find a suitable image..LOL

I havent been on here in a few days. My Daddy had a massive stroke yesterday morning. Any word on the starting Riverdale QB? How was the MRI? Good report I hope.

I hope your Daddy will be ok , Praying for you and your family .

My Prayers also go out to Dillon Woodruff and wish for him a speedy recovery . I hate it for him and for the Riverdale Football team .

Checked in just a while ago and Riverdale has decided to play the game, even without Dillon Woodruff at the helm. It's a shame it happened but football is a team sport and excuses are, well, just excuses.

I've been saing for weeks now that Riverdale will go just as far as their defense will take them...they just need to be a little better now.

My understanding is the coaching staff alowed a three hour window for everyone to feel sorry for themselves. That time has expired.

Go Warriors!!

Checked in just a while ago and Riverdale has decided to play the game, even without Dillon Woodruff at the helm. It's a shame it happened but football is a team sport and excuses are, well, just excuses.

I've been saing for weeks now that Riverdale will go just as far as their defense will take them...they just need to be a little better now.

My understanding is the coaching staff alowed a three hour window for everyone to feel sorry for themselves. That time has expired.

Go Warriors!!

Good post TDCman!!.... :thumb:

A few years ago EVERYBODY was giving the 5A Gold Ball before the playoffs started to Lincoln County. This was especially so when R'dale lost their 'premier' RB in the regular season loss to Lincoln County. We were to meet them in the playoffs and even some of the so called R'dale faithful gave up.

Well we went to Lincoln County and played them AGAIN. Guess who won?

Not saying it is going to happen this week, but the Warriors NEVER give up and we play them ALL!

A few years ago EVERYBODY was giving the 5A Gold Ball before the playoffs started to Lincoln County. This was especially so when R'dale lost their 'premier' RB in the regular season loss to Lincoln County. We were to meet them in the playoffs and even some of the so called R'dale faithful gave up.

Well we went to Lincoln County and played them AGAIN. Guess who won?

Not saying it is going to happen this week, but the Warriors NEVER give up and we play them ALL!

that was in 03 when LC had the Edmidston(sp) kid at QB they came here and we threw the ball to a reciever and he then tossed it to gaston miller that took it 80 yards for what we thought was going to be the winning TD however on the complete opposite side of the field there was a flag and to be honest no one ever knew what the flag was for and it was too far off camera to see what it was so the TD was called back and we lose the game our first home loss AT TOMAHAWK STADIUM and we then avenged that loss in the playoffs

We will miss Dillon on friday night but I have complete faith and confidence in Andrew Dale i have seeen him throw in scrimmages and he can run the offense very well in my opinion i think he would have started for every other team in our district so I think he will be fine...if we can keep it close and let him get in the flow of the game it will be a ball game BUT if we do like last time and let maryville run up and down the field and do what they want then it will be over quick

GO WARRIORS