Covington @ Maplewood

CHARGERFAN

Fine season Covington. West Tn football is down this year,unlike any before, but you still shined. Enjoyed watching you guys battle tonight against definitely the best team and defense you faced all year. Also finally thanks to the Covington radio station for carrying your game, got to listen to much of it online while @ the game tonight. Also thanks to one of your coaches Coach Peggy Barber for her coaching and inspiration. You guys couldn't of done it without her. you better belee that. Like the famous Roy Dillard says "you think I'm joking but I'm not".

Very interesting first half. Covington looked good with the exception of the false start penalties on the drive e just before the half. Not scoring there changed the complextion of the game. Maplewood has good size and speed on the d-line and was able to stop the charger run in the second half. #20 of maplewood impressed me along with #6 on defense. He saved three touchdowns tonight that Covington would have had. Not sure maplewood has enough to knock off Greenville. Chargers had a great season. They have most of starters back next season so they should be.strong again next season.

Fine season Covington. West Tn football is down this year,unlike any before, but you still shined. Enjoyed watching you guys battle tonight against definitely the best team and defense you faced all year. Also finally thanks to the Covington radio station for carrying your game, got to listen to much of it online while @ the game tonight. Also thanks to one of your coaches Coach Peggy Barber for her coaching and inspiration. You guys couldn't of done it without her. you better belee that. Like the famous Roy Dillard says "you think I'm joking but I'm not".

I could only listen for about a quarter and a half...All that yelling and screaming got on my nerves...It's a shame...That coach that was doing color was really pretty good...

Covington was a pretty good team. Their backfield was a good as expected. But as I alluded to in an earlier post, the Chargers' defense was lacking. They had no answer for #20. On the other hand Maplewood's defense made adjustments and contained Covington's running game after the first quarter. In fairness, had Covington not had their final drive in the first half stopped by illegal procedure penalties they might have scored again. Thus changing the complexion of the game.

Congrats to the Chargers and their seniors, you guys turned this program around. The juniors will be back here next year and hopefully go all the way. To Mapplewood, you guys have no class, i hope greeneville runs it up on yall.

Massey ratings = Greeneville 44 Maplewood 0.