Knoxville West @ Powell

RunninRebels

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game West. Keep us updated in this thread on your injured player's status.

Congratulations to Powell, hope yall represent the East well at Cookeville! Regardless of what others said about yall playing nobodies, i thought we (oak Ridge) were a pretty darn good team on your schedule. I am proud of yall! Way to hush the critics!

Edited by SweetScience

Congratulations to Powell, hope yall represent the East well at Cookeville! Regardless of what others said about yall playing nobodies, i thought we (oak Ridge) were a pretty darn good team on your schedule. I am proud of yall! Way to hush the critics!

Oak Ridge has a great tradition, and you had an excellent team this year. Without the QB injury, our game might have turned out differently. We will try to represent our "weak" region well. Looking forward to another great game with you next year.

Oak Ridge has a great tradition, and you had an excellent team this year. Without the QB injury, our game might have turned out differently. We will try to represent our "weak" region well. Looking forward to another great game with you next year.

Thanks baldeagle, i am really proud of Powell as an Oak Ridge fan. I am very proud of Matt Lowe and the boys, no matter what anybody says he seems like a class individual. Thank you for the compliments, whoever said Powell played a bunch of nobody teams, seems to forget that you guys played Oak Ridge, we were a pretty good team...And how we hung with you guys and had a chance to beat you shows just that. I really hope yall bring back the gold ball, yall deserve it!

Thanks baldeagle, i am really proud of Powell as an Oak Ridge fan. I am very proud of Matt Lowe and the boys, no matter what anybody says he seems like a class individual. Thank you for the compliments, whoever said Powell played a bunch of nobody teams, seems to forget that you guys played Oak Ridge, we were a pretty good team...And how we hung with you guys and had a chance to beat you shows just that. I really hope yall bring back the gold ball, yall deserve it!

I remember scrimmaging oak ridge and playing them. Tough Squad always but always classy. You guys somehow were not considered a "tough team" by other fans. I don't really understand that I think most people that have paid attention realize oak ridge is always competitive and can always beat you if you don't give them respect. Good luck to Powell in Cookeville. Coach Lowe deserves a trophy he's put everything into that program.

Edited by wowarastorm

I remember scrimmaging oak ridge and playing them. Tough Squad always but always classy. You guys somehow were not considered a "tough team" by other fans. I don't really understand that I think most people that have paid attention realize oak ridge is always competitive and can always beat you if you don't give them respect. Good luck to Powell in Cookeville. Coach Lowe deserves a trophy he's put everything into that program.

Yeah, i agree wow, i guess we just didn't bring that WOW factor when we played, we were just a tough hard nosed bunch this year. Usually if you dont bring that wow factor like Powell has with Mobley people just write you off, and that is too bad. I look forward to many tough games with Powell throughout the years. Hopefully we can represent our "weak" district well together :)

Congratulations to Powell and I wish you guys the best at the state. It is great to have another east tn team in the finals.

Looking forward to your panthers and our rebels bringing home the gold ball in 5A and 6A....

Outstanding season West

We "fondly" remember our years in Maryville's region. Your coaching staff was always great and your team always prepared. I guess that is why even though our last win was in 1996 against you, it was still fun competing. Good luck at Cookeville!

Congratulations to Powell and I wish you guys the best at the state. It is great to have another east tn team in the finals.

Looking forward to your panthers and our rebels bringing home the gold ball in 5A and 6A....

Outstanding season West

CongraTs to powell you guys proved me wrong and represent knoxville well next wk , get you that gold ball. As for west ive never seen such a poor offensive performance in my life, they just didnt seemed prepared at all. West seemed like they thought they were gonna come in and it be an easy win , they just werent tougher than powell , powell wanted it alot more and it showed.

Throughout the season, how often did West rely on their defense to give their offense a short field? Going into this game, I felt like a big key for Powell was ball security - don't give up any cheap points and force West to drive the length of the field on each possession. Powell did turn it over twice, but both TOs came in the red zone, which gave West poor field position. Kudos to the Powell defense for stifling West. I'm glad we didn't have to see much of Bullock and his leg (4 punts and 2 kickoffs).