Knoxville West @ Powell

RunninRebels

That was without Mobley - which is not the case this week. No comment about little Anderson County as they were eliminated convincingly in Round 1.

I couldn't care less whether or not AC made it. :twisted: Ya'll toasted 'em so who cares about AC now? West is your obstacle. I've predicted a win for Powell throughout the playoffs but ya'll are scaring me worrying about irrelevancies to this Friday's game.

Edited by Moronicus

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West played this same "Maryville" bunch this season and were dismantled by them. Powell will have their hands full with this West team, their season seems to improve after the Maryville game every year.

I wouldn't say dismantled. Maryville has been mercy ruling everyone in the first half. They were only beating West 23-0 at the end of the 3rd quarter. A sound defeat, yes, but not a dismantling.

I wouldn't say dismantled. Maryville has been mercy ruling everyone in the first half. They were only beating West 23-0 at the end of the 3rd quarter. A sound defeat, yes, but not a dismantling.

IMO, West has the best defense Maryville played ALL year. Powell's O will really be tested.

Edited by OldRebel2

Alright then , you are a swell bloak but I might remind you that the 3rd,s and 4th's were in then. If it were anyone other than GQ it would have been ugly. Go Rebs beat Powell. Edited by EXCHEQUER

IMO, West has the best defense Maryville played ALL year. Powell's O will really be tested.

If I remember correctly, Francis took over at QB late in the Maryville game; West's offense subsequently improved steadily.

I think this will be a great game. Both QB's have good wheels, but they have also thrown some INTs in big games. I look for a mistake in the passing game to be the difference.

Edited by Former44

I've seen both teams this year against South. I like West's D to run down Mobley and McPhetridge. LBs and DBs have good size and speed and get to the ball. I think West's offense with Francis has enough versatility to keep the Panthers off balance. Francis really impressed me with the way he churns out yardage on the ground.

West 31 Powell 20

Good luck and health to both. Should be a great game, wish I could make it.