Friendship Christian @ Oliver Springs

croz6110

Really? How about "Chicago"? How Long has he been in Hartsville?

I'm not sure how long he has lived here...but i guarantee you WE did not go out to youth games and ask him to come play for us...His dad moved here from somewhere close to Chicago for other reasons. Definitely not us going to him. thumb[1].gif It was him coming to us...because of circumstance. hungry.gif

Sunbright won that game by 2TD and Sunbright QB didn't play most of the second half.

First off your full of it I was at this game he played the entire game. Second the score to put them up by 14 was on a short field after a failed 4th down conversion in the 4th quarter. You obviously weren't at the game so using your common team theories and what team beat who fcs should curb stomp os!

I'm not sure how long he has lived here...but i guarantee you WE did not go out to youth games and ask him to come play for us...His dad moved here from somewhere close to Chicago for other reasons. Definitely not us going to him. thumb[1].gif It was him coming to us...because of circumstance. hungry.gif

Sounds like what happens to us. We lose a kid or two every year to the schools who actually can give scholarships.

My public school recruits, Cosby High School has the best moonshine making team in all of Tennessee, seems the local kids don't care about their heritage anymore, so we have to get those little liquor makers wherever we can find them.

As funny as that is to this west end country boy it's a bit much for high school kids.

There's some good 'shine made on the west end but don't use the local football teams to make it. On the west end they are all good kids. Good football players too. You will see.

Edited by duckman38201

I'm sorry this thread hasn't contained much about what to expect from the boys on the field tonight. Mostly I've read (and posted) stuff about cheating, what coaches said or other opinions about private vs. public. Bottom line, we have children playing a game. But WE are the immature ones, I'm afraid. Our coach has been maligned for what he may have said 4 years ago. The only thing I can say for sure is he loves our kids and will defend them when he believes they are targeted. God bless this country where you and I can say pretty much whatever we want without fear from the police or military. And we can choose where we want our kids to attend school and play ball. After 35 years of defending my school, I only wish you knew FC the way I've known it. It was the best time of my life. The men and women who were there and are there today, love the kids, just Ike your teachers love your kids. The players say and do stupid stuff sometimes because they're kids. Not because of who may have encouraged them to play at one school or another. What's our excuse?

Thank God we all have choices. And for those who can afford property tax AND tuition, it should be their choice withourt having to listen to all the criticism. Many parents work extra jobs or do without other things to send their kids to private school. We are all trying to do the best we can for our children. This bickering back and forth, mostly among parents is unchristian and unhealthy. Is that what we want our kids to learn while they are so young and impressionable? God help us all to cheer for our kids, understand they will make mistakes, that referees aren't really bought and that this is just a game. We love it passionately, but it's a game. It should be teaching our kids how to be men. Because most of them only play it in high school. This should be the best time of their life.