Friendship Christian @ Oliver Springs

croz6110

You have got to be kidding me.

Sunbright, Coalfield and Greenback are all 1A teams that are playing basketball.

You will find Friday that FC is definitely an excellent team.

So, are Trousdale and Boyd no name schools?

You'll see.

Ok... 1A,2A,3A,4A and so on...................That classifies how many kids attends the school not how good your team is. The only reason Coalfield got beat was because of the fight and 8 players got suspended from the team. I have no doubt that if Coalfield would have beat South Pitt this year. That's nice that you keep up with Sunbright, Coalfield & Greenback basketball. How they doing?

• Upvote 1

Ok... 1A,2A,3A,4A and so on...................That classifies how many kids attends the school not how good your team is. The only reason Coalfield got beat was because of the fight and 8 players got suspended from the team. I have no doubt that if Coalfield would have beat South Pitt this year. That's nice that you keep up with Sunbright, Coalfield & Greenback basketball. How they doing?

I don't keep up with basketball. My football team is still playing. :thumb:

Which team played which team and won or loss to which team is of no consequence at this point. OS beat Wartburg, Wartburg beat Sunbright, Sunbright beat OS. What does that tell you? Not a thing actually.

You can make no comparisons between FC and OS because they have not played any common team. Neither school has seen the other school play except on tape and that was only one game.

Teams get to this level because they have played well. They execute as a team and get the job done. A single player is not a game maker (or breaker). There are 10 other players on each down that also contribute to the effort. If everyone is not playing to their fullest it hurts the entire team.

For all of FC's talking about romping or mercy ruling the real truth is that they really don't know, they only hope. Put hope in a jar and see how fast the jar fills up.

This game can go either way. OS has the home field advantage which is going to also include the fan base. FC no longer has the referee advantage.

Whichever team wins I hope they continue on and win the gold ball. But most importantly play this game with some class, from the players and the fans.

As for me, I am pulling for OS. I don't care whether they win by 1 or 38. A win is a win. And if OS does not prevail I will still hold my head high because of the effort that OS has made this year and what the team has achieved.

Which team played which team and won or loss to which team is of no consequence at this point. OS beat Wartburg, Wartburg beat Sunbright, Sunbright beat OS. What does that tell you? Not a thing actually.

You can make no comparisons between FC and OS because they have not played any common team. Neither school has seen the other school play except on tape and that was only one game.

Teams get to this level because they have played well. They execute as a team and get the job done. A single player is not a game maker (or breaker). There are 10 other players on each down that also contribute to the effort. If everyone is not playing to their fullest it hurts the entire team.

For all of FC's talking about romping or mercy ruling the real truth is that they really don't know, they only hope. Put hope in a jar and see how fast the jar fills up.

This game can go either way. OS has the home field advantage which is going to also include the fan base. FC no longer has the referee advantage.

Whichever team wins I hope they continue on and win the gold ball. But most importantly play this game with some class, from the players and the fans.

As for me, I am pulling for OS. I don't care whether they win by 1 or 38. A win is a win. And if OS does not prevail I will still hold my head high because of the effort that OS has made this year and what the team has achieved.

If you are planning on FCS having no fan base then you sir, are crazy. They traveled to Chattanooga last week. They will be at Oliver Springs this Friday. And I would expect to be hearin the train horn all night! :thumb:

If you are planning on FCS having no fan base then you sir, are crazy. They traveled to Chattanooga last week. They will be at Oliver Springs this Friday. And I would expect to be hearin the train horn all night! :thumb:
Oh I don't doubt that FCS will bring some fans. I never said that FCS would have no fans and if you were able to derive that from my post I think your use of crazy should have been directed at yourself. Regardless, it is a known and statistically proven fact that the visiting team never brings as many fans to the game as the home team. That is why the visiting bleachers (or area) contain fewer seats. I am reasonably positive your school is the same way.

Combine the 120+ mile trip with the game being on the Friday after Thanksgiving and there are a lot of people who are no going to make the journey. I know that I would certainly not make the journey to FCS for the reasons stated.

FCS is facing a school that they have never played, never played any common teams (like that makes much difference). This game can go either way. A lot will depend on which team is playing better starting at 7:00P on Friday. Given teams that are equally matched the odds makers will always give advantage to the home team. That is one of the reasons that playing at home is so important. Familiar surroundings do indeed make a difference. That is why there is the term "home field advantage."

I fully hope and expect FCS to lose. Will I be correct? Don't really know and won't know until about 9:45P EST on Friday, November 25. And regardless of who wins, I hope they go on to win the gold ball.

Just think. If OS wins the gold ball Sunbright can say they beat the state champions.

Oh I don't doubt that FCS will bring some fans. I never said that FCS would have no fans and if you were able to derive that from my post I think your use of crazy should have been directed at yourself. Regardless, it is a known and statistically proven fact that the visiting team never brings as many fans to the game as the home team. That is why the visiting bleachers (or area) contain fewer seats. I am reasonably positive your school is the same way.

Combine the 120+ mile trip with the game being on the Friday after Thanksgiving and there are a lot of people who are no going to make the journey. I know that I would certainly not make the journey to FCS for the reasons stated.

FCS is facing a school that they have never played, never played any common teams (like that makes much difference). This game can go either way. A lot will depend on which team is playing better starting at 7:00P on Friday. Given teams that are equally matched the odds makers will always give advantage to the home team. That is one of the reasons that playing at home is so important. Familiar surroundings do indeed make a difference. That is why there is the term "home field advantage."

I fully hope and expect FCS to lose. Will I be correct? Don't really know and won't know until about 9:45P EST on Friday, November 25. And regardless of who wins, I hope they go on to win the gold ball.

Just think. If OS wins the gold ball Sunbright can say they beat the state champions.

You will be shocked at the amount of FCS fans that will descend upon Oliver Springs this Friday night. There may be close to 1000 Big Green supporters there.

Fyi, Gordonsville had more "visiting" fans last week than Eagleville. And supposedly everyone in eagleville was at the game. Friendship may do the same to you this week.

You will be shocked at the amount of FCS fans that will descend upon Oliver Springs this Friday night. There may be close to 1000 Big Green supporters there.
Excellent. That would be awesome if that many FCS fans show up. It would make it a fun evening. Games where the visitor seats are not filled are not as fun as a full house.

Excellent. That would be awesome if that many FCS fans show up. It would make it a fun evening. Games where the visitor seats are not filled are not as fun as a full house.

The only section in the bleachers that may be scarce will be the seats behind the students who stand in the front. but those seats will be made up for by the people who like to stand down next to the fence of the field. and if there ever is a lack of fans, then that can be made up for by the big ol' train horn :mrgreen: