Friendship Christian @ Oliver Springs

croz6110

I spent the last hour reading all of the garbage posted on this thread that I thought was about the upcoming game between FCS and Oliver Springs. I was looking for some insight into what has to be a very exciting time in these young mens life. I saw very little of that. So for an outsider who is a longtime member, please stay on topic so I can keep up with some teams that I have interest in. If you must bash or whine, start a thread and call it "Life's not fair" or something along those lines,, that way I will know to skip that fine literature.

Good luck Friendship, you have fought through a lot of adversity to get this far and I am extremely proud of your efforts and accomplishments. This is the most important game of the year. Oliver Springs is a very good team (or they would be playing basketball)and has homefield advantage. Prepare well,stay focused, and as always, don't stop till you hear the whistle!! If you do those things then I will come to watch you win in Cookeville!

FCS 28

OS 13

I spent the last hour reading all of the garbage posted on this thread that I thought was about the upcoming game between FCS and Oliver Springs. I was looking for some insight into what has to be a very exciting time in these young mens life. I saw very little of that. So for an outsider who is a longtime member, please stay on topic so I can keep up with some teams that I have interest in. If you must bash or whine, start a thread and call it "Life's not fair" or something along those lines,, that way I will know to skip that fine literature.

Good luck Friendship, you have fought through a lot of adversity to get this far and I am extremely proud of your efforts and accomplishments. This is the most important game of the year. Oliver Springs is a very good team (or they would be playing basketball)and has homefield advantage. Prepare well,stay focused, and as always, don't stop till you hear the whistle!! If you do those things then I will come to watch you win in Cookeville!

FCS 28

OS 13

Thanks for filling up the garbage can with your brand of whining and . . . thumb[1].gif Your score prediction isn't too far off both Massey and Moore's of 34 - 14

They should be a good game for both teams' recruiting effort. Heard it was an east tennessee thing.

Now look at ya', all the way over on the other end of the state stirrin' the pot!!! :roflol: I knew you had at least a little bit of the Butchie in ya'. Hey at least give me credit for finally figuring out who ya'll might run into!!! For this little dig, Butchie is having a little Lion head sticker made up for your helmet!!!! :thumb::hungry: Ya'll take care of business hogheaven!!! :popcorneater: We're behind you all the way!!

Combine the 120+ mile trip with the game being on the Friday after Thanksgiving and there are a lot of people who are no going to make the journey. I know that I would certainly not make the journey to FCS for the reasons stated.

Obviously things on the east end are much different than on the west end. Over on the west end the fan support is not decided by home or away and distance. It's decided by community pride and support for our teams! There are some of us over on the west that if you play us you need to give us the home stands and ya'll take the visitors side!!! Most of us have had a 2 hour drive to a regular season game and still carried a home like croud. I personally have some health considerations and an age factor to boot but if it were my team playing Friday night, I'd be there no matter what.

Anyone who could remotely call themselves a FAN of any team would drive 120 miles to support their team in the Semi's. If many of your teams fans feel the way you do that could be a good reason they might well lose. Your kids want to see a packed house on their side supporting them!!!!!

Whichever team comes from the west I promise you there will be a good number of their past opponents show up to support them for a fact. And that's a 4 hour drive for all of us. 3 1/2 hours if you drive like Butchie!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

Just think. If OS wins the gold ball Sunbright can say they beat the state champions.

This is sad.you all lost get over it. You had your shot and didn't make it.each year there are two season. You had success in the first one and not in the second. Stop trying to make yourself feel better by stealing OZ 's success. Go play basketball like the rest of the district.

OS is pretty good we made it this far! How do you know that every team you lost to would mercy rule us? Unballtil _u play a team you have no freaking clue!!! We. have home field advantage and we don't have a 2 1/2 hour drive and all the fan support we need including all surrounding counties.Go BOBCATS! Remember these 2 names Miller and Romero!!!!!!!!

We don't have just a couple of names,sorry. But if Miller and Romero run the ball they will be asking who the heck just eat holed them. Line gets no glory, but sure makes it easier for our backs.

This is sad.you all lost get over it. You had your shot and didn't make it.each year there are two season. You had success in the first one and not in the second. Stop trying to make yourself feel better by stealing OZ 's success. Go play basketball like the rest of the district.

I don't know where you got all of this. I am a supporter of OZ, not of Sunbright. I was merely trying to inject a little humor. But I see that gets lost by persons who are so consumed by the outcome of a football game that in truth be told will not get anyone a promotion, a raise, better health, improve their stock portfolio or a new HD TV.

I will try and refrain from any levity as it apparently is a lost effot.

Spoken like a true football fan who knows very little about high school football. (judging a team who has advanced to the 4th round of the playoffs by their schedule and not ever having seen them play a down of footbal). Had you seen those games you spoke of you would have known that OZ kinda shot themselves in the foot in those games, except the Sunbright game, who has a QB that would start for any 6A team. OZ is peaking at the right time, has a ton of senior leadershp and is playing at home. I will give you this though, it's always tough for a public school to compete with a (recruiting ) private school this far into the playoffs iany classification, but, especially in the smaller classifications.

GO BOBCATS!!

Facts:

1) Private schools in Division I may recruit but no more than the winning public school programs.

2) Most D1 private Schools couldn't give a scholarship if they wanted to. It's all they can do to raise enough to run the schools. There isn't any money there for scholarships.

3) Recruiting isn't prohibited. Scholarships are.

4) If FC is recruiting, they ain't doing it very well. The big college prospects go to Mt. Juliet, Lebanon and Wilson Central. And they have never won a football state Championship.

5) Private school families pay the same county taxes as public school families...and they pay tuition, too

6) Most FC players have been there since elementary or even Pre-K.

So get over your ugly, petty jealousy and find something else to complain about.

Edited by GeorgeBailey

Facts:

1) Private schools in Division I may recruit but no more than the winning public school programs.

2) Most D1 private Schools couldn't give a scholarship if they wanted to. It's all they can do to raise enough to run the schools. There isn't any money there for scholarships.

3) Recruiting isn't prohibited. Scholarships are.

4) If FC is recruiting, they ain't doing it very well. The big college prospects go to Mt. Juliet, Lebanon and Wilson Central. And they have never won a football state Championship.

5) Private school families pay the same county taxes as public school families...and they pay tuition, too

6) Most FC players have been there since elementary or even Pre-K.

So get over your ugly, petty jealousy and find something else to complain about.

Seems as though I struck a raw nerve there George!! It's not jealousy or complaining I just stated a simple fact, look at the history of champions out of 1A and 2A. Where are you at When I need you Grunt? LOL

Edited by catback