CPA @ MILAN let's get it started

thedawg44

My argument was that Milan's defense held CPA's starting offense to 1 TD. I didn't think that it was silly until I seen bulldawgs#1's post. CPA really never scored. Thanks for correcting my silly argument.

Since that play was second down, your going to have to play some more silly "what if" games to make your conclusion.

Wow. I've never seen a winning team WHINE so much!

He's a junior. Not sure what kind of student he is. One of his brothers graduated in 05 and played MLB at Tennessee State, the other was also a great athlete but was killed when he was shot in the back last year.

Wow! So sad about his brother. Hopefully, he will be able to overcome, get a degree, and have a great life. Heck of an athlete, and will be a key in the CAK game. Milan has some great players back next year, and will be a factor again for state.

I am looking forward to the Warriors facing Milan, but would have also liked to have had an opportunity to see CAK vs. CPA. There are a number of great programs that have not had an opportunity to play each other because Alcoa has dominated the entire state, not to mention the eastern half of Tennessee. Hopefully there will be opportunities for these teams to play each other in the near future. Iron sharpens iron.

I have not posted in coach T in a couple of years, but get on here regularly and keep up with my Milan bulldawgs. I was so impressed with CPA last night that I just had to get on here and give them their props!! You defense certainly lived up to its billing. You should be proud of your accomplishments this season and should be very excited about your prospects for next season. I was walking out of the gate last night and saw some of the shameless Milan fans barking at your players. I apologize and assure you that the vast majority of Milan supporter are not the classless bums that these showed themselves to be last night. Again, congratulations on a hard fought game and I definitely do not want to run in to you guys again next season.

• Upvote 1

I have not posted in coach T in a couple of years, but get on here regularly and keep up with my Milan bulldawgs. I was so impressed with CPA last night that I just had to get on here and give them their props!! You defense certainly lived up to its billing. You should be proud of your accomplishments this season and should be very excited about your prospects for next season. I was walking out of the gate last night and saw some of the shameless Milan fans barking at your players. I apologize and assure you that the vast majority of Milan supporter are not the classless bums that these showed themselves to be last night. Again, congratulations on a hard fought game and I definitely do not want to run in to you guys again next season.

Thanks. Classy post. Good luck next week.

I am looking forward to the Warriors facing Milan, but would have also liked to have had an opportunity to see CAK vs. CPA. There are a number of great programs that have not had an opportunity to play each other because Alcoa has dominated the entire state, not to mention the eastern half of Tennessee. Hopefully there will be opportunities for these teams to play each other in the near future. Iron sharpens iron.

I think a CPA - CAK game would be great. If the TSSAA did not penalize teams for playing tough schedules, they could play during the regular season. However, given the districts the two already play in, I can't imagine the respective coaches agreeing to play during the regular season. Tis a shame.

I read this post several times and I still have very little idea what you are trying to say. Milan's coaches were holding back? Not a very good idea in a game decided by 2 points. Who thinks that CPA won? All I see on this thread is people congratulating each other and breaking down the game. I'm gonna try to forget this post and give you another shot at writing one that is coherent and adds to this thread.

Now for my thoughts. First of all, congrats to Milan on getting it done, regardless of injuries or circumstances on the other side of the field. You guys have a great atmosphere and tradition. I thought CPA would be able to pull it out in the second half because of several reasons: I expected Coleman to get tired, which it looked like he did to some degree. CPA's defense has proven over the course of the season to be one of if not the best in 3A, and it seems like they almost always get the stops when they need them late in games. CPA's D didn't disappoint last night, and got all those stops. CPA's coaching staff has impressed me all season, but I sure wish that they had been more creative in the play calling in the second half, as they seemed to be marching backwards on every possession. That's not to take anything away from how well Milan's D played. I read in an earlier post that Cranford was hurt, i must have missed that does anyone know what happened? I was wondering why CPA didn't try to get the ball in his hands more. If Wharton or Kemp had been given the more opportunities to throw in the 2nd half, I feel like there were opportunities to be had there. But alas, they know much more than I do so I have to assume that they were doing what they thought would give CPA the best chance to win. Both teams played their hearts out so congrats to CPA on it's best season since '02 and good luck to Milan at state.

Side note: It seems that some people had issue with the PA announcer, but to me his cheerleading was more humorous than bothersome. It's your home field, so I feel like you can do what you want in those regards since it has very little effect if any on the game. What I did have a problem with was the play-clock operator. In the first half, when it was working, the play clock would often start WAY before the chains were set, and sometimes even before the ball was set. Not trying to accuse anyone of cheating, but c'mom, people are gonna notice that.

It seemed to me that the reason the quarterback was hobbling was because he got hit all the time. He may have had an injury earlier in the year but the milan Defense put him on the ground constantly. They were one dimensional long before he left.

Also the back judge had operation of the play clock. It is on a remote system that he wears on his belt. If you paid attention the referee was frustrated with him and his inability to do it correctly.

It seemed to me that the reason the quarterback was hobbling was because he got hit all the time. He may have had an injury earlier in the year but the milan Defense put him on the ground constantly. They were one dimensional long before he left.

Also the back judge had operation of the play clock. It is on a remote system that he wears on his belt. If you paid attention the referee was frustrated with him and his inability to do it correctly.

It may have had more to do with the two broken toes.

congrats to CPA's fans and players and coaches....not very common to see a game decided on a safety...CPA is a class act...now Milan has to confront another private schol team that's survived the multiplier because they can recruit...Alcoa could recruit and CAK recruits....geez...can't Milan play a public school?

Privates recruit, publics transfer.... yadda yadda yadda