Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

I assume he is a great player and an elite back, however, I am sure there is a reason UT did not go after him and Memphis, Cincinatti, Vandy and Mississippi St. did not offer.

First, how are his grades?

Second, how is his character/attitude?

He may have all components. I don't know. Time will only tell if his big numbers in high school will translate to the college game. FactsOnly makes a great point as well.

I can't comment on Mobleys' talent,havent seen him play...as far as the scouts,well they're human and make mistakes.If my sources are as "in the know" as they say Tennessee could've had Patric Willis for the asking.I saw Willis play twice and thought he'd have been an elite back(in the Jamaal Lewis mold)as well as the linebacker that everyone is familiar with,but no offer on either side of the ball.Hindsight is 20/20,and if the scouts were never wrong the small no-name schools wouldn't turn out the pro level talent that they do.Character and grades do have some bearing on the "value" assigned candidates for a scholarship,but sometimes the scouts just plain miss out on a great kid.

I can't comment on Mobleys' talent,havent seen him play...as far as the scouts,well they're human and make mistakes.If my sources are as "in the know" as they say Tennessee could've had Patric Willis for the asking.I saw Willis play twice and thought he'd have been an elite back(in the Jamaal Lewis mold)as well as the linebacker that everyone is familiar with,but no offer on either side of the ball.Hindsight is 20/20,and if the scouts were never wrong the small no-name schools wouldn't turn out the pro level talent that they do.Character and grades do have some bearing on the "value" assigned candidates for a scholarship,but sometimes the scouts just plain miss out on a great kid.

He did go to Ole Miss, so it's not like he was a total miss by the scouting public. Also I thought I heard that his grades were the biggest thing that prevented many schools from recruiting him.

For a self-proclaimed mental giant who purportedly always checks his facts, FauxOnly needs to take a gander at how many carries the best RB in the State of Tennessee averages per game. Then FauxOnly might also wish to note how many yards per carry the best RB in the State of Tennessee has. And finally, FauxOnly might then wish to acknowledge that he fears the PAL!

As an aside, he might also wish to define what he means by a back running the ball "80% of the time" in order to dispense with the hopeless ambiguity extant in his post. Does he mean 80% of the team's total offensive plays? Or does he mean 80% of all carries on the team? In either case, he'll find that neither supposed fact obtains with respect to Mobley.

My post didn't "obtain" to Mobley. It was just food for thought for those who are interested.

You should try thesaurus.kids.net.

For a self-proclaimed mental giant who purportedly always checks his facts, FauxOnly needs to take a gander at how many carries the best RB in the State of Tennessee averages per game. Then FauxOnly might also wish to note how many yards per carry the best RB in the State of Tennessee has. And finally, FauxOnly might then wish to acknowledge that he fears the PAL!

As an aside, he might also wish to define what he means by a back running the ball "80% of the time" in order to dispense with the hopeless ambiguity extant in his post. Does he mean 80% of the team's total offensive plays? Or does he mean 80% of all carries on the team? In either case, he'll find that neither supposed fact obtains with respect to Mobley.

Moronicus,

No one else seemed to have missed my point. But, the point is this: Henry County does not have one go to guy on offense. If any of the four mentioned was the one go to guy, he would have astounding numbers. Rather, Henry County has several outstanding backs who share responsibility in carrying the ball, thereby diluting any individual back's statistics. Whether I mean percent of plays or percent of carries has no impact as it "obtains" to my point.

You are not very interesting, and clearly either an adolescent or insecure or both.

Wow , after reading some of this maybe Powell should just not show up ...lol

You Henry Co guys sure talk a lot of smack for never winning anything . I bet several of you guys will be saying Mobley is one of the best RB's in the State by the time the game is over .

He is one of the best in the state. He is just not the best that HC has played this year. Ridgeway had 3 kids of his caliber.

I am not going to make a prediction on this game because i have not seen Powell play. I have seen Henry County play four times and I really beleive the Henry County / Ridgeway game was the State championship game. That was the most talent that I have ever seen on the feild at one time in a West Tn. high school game. Good luck Henry county. Bring home the gold.

It was!