Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

I will give you that is an interesting fact defeating the Maryville Frosh however it depends on who has really grown up since and who has not grown enough.

Totally agree! Some of these kids look like they are drinking miracle grow for breakfast every morning! Watching them from freshman to senior is mind boggling in some of the cases!

I will give you that is an interesting fact defeating the Maryville Frosh however it depends on who has really grown up since and who has not grown enough.

True story. Long long ago I played basketball. In the eighth grade, we beat our closest rival. Three years later, that same 5 beat my same 5 by a score of 129-29 at OUR homecoming. They won the state championship. Put another way, we beat the state champions.

True story. Long long ago I played basketball. In the eighth grade, we beat our closest rival. Three years later, that same 5 beat my same 5 by a score of 129-29 at OUR homecoming. They won the state championship. Put another way, we beat the state champions.

Facts.....you all really stunk it up! :lol:

Just kidding. You folks drive safely tomorrow. :thumb:

It is December 2nd, therefore it is officially game day.

2 teams on a collision course finally meet in the biggest game of the year. Both teams overcame some serious doubters and "weak" districts, and still steamrolled through the playoffs to get here (I'm just really sick of the SOS arguments, and I'm SO glad these two teams have put a gigantic dent into it). Henry County brings with them a great offensive line and run game, and an even greater defense. Powell brings with them likely the most electrifying running game and player HC has seen all year, and a defense that has given up only 12 points per game. My gut tells me that the two truly best teams made it to the dance this year, and that's the way it should be (I honestly don't believe this happens as often as it should.)

Either way, one of these undefeated teams has to finish with a blemish on their record tonight, and neither team believes it's gonna be them. This is what football is all about. I can't wait.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

It is December 2nd, therefore it is officially game day.

2 teams on a collision course finally meet in the biggest game of the year. Both teams overcame some serious doubters and "weak" districts, and still steamrolled through the playoffs to get here (I'm just really sick of the SOS arguments, and I'm SO glad these two teams have put a gigantic dent into it). Henry County brings with them a great offensive line and run game, and an even greater defense. Powell brings with them likely the most electrifying running game and player HC has seen all year, and a defense that has given up only 12 points per game. My gut tells me that the two truly best teams made it to the dance this year, and that's the way it should be (I honestly don't believe this happens as often as it should.)

Either way, one of these undefeated teams has to finish with a blemish on their record tonight, and neither team believes it's gonna be them. This is what football is all about. I can't wait.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

Couldn't agree more.....Great post! :thumb:

GO PANTHERS!!!

It is a bright sunny morning in Henry Land this morning. Way on the other side of the great Volunteer State Panther Land is probably the same. Both waking to FOOTBALL. Not much will get taught at the High Schools today.

PATS, Mistake free game and Execution tonight and you can reach that goal! Play till it is 00:00, leave it on the field! Red Roadies, Parents, Fans have got your back!

Driving in from the East or West, lets all drive SAFE!

Let's hope for an injury free game!

GO PATS !!!!!

RED SWARM is ready to Sting some Panthers!

Let me add a local eatery to the list. I am not sure of the street name, but the road that runs along the endzone if you take that road over the railroad tracks (like 500 yards down the road to the east) you will come to a stop light. Take a right and in the first shopping center their is a barbecue place called Bobby Q's. It was voted one of the best in Tennessee. They have more than just 'cue, like catfish and burgers. It is well worth it! My friend lives up there and it is a must everytime we visit. It is very close to the venue and may not be quite as crowded as restaurant row.

Good luck to both teams and safe travels!