Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

Finally a state title for HC! I've been waiting on this since I was a kid going to games. Congrats to the coaches and players on a great season! This is something that you and the community will never forget. I am very proud of our fan support too. A gold ball is finally at HCHS and the haters have been put to rest!

Congrats to Powell on an excellent season. You have nothing to hang your head about and are a great team. Mobley is the real deal but he isn't all they had. Good luck next year!

Edited by SEC1rules

Finally a state title for HC! I've been waiting on this since I was a kid going to games. Congrats to the coaches and players on a great season! This is something that you and the community will never forget. I am very proud of our fan support too. A gold ball is finally at HCHS and the haters have been put to rest!

Congrats to Powell on an excellent season. You have nothing to hang your head about and are a great team. Mobley is the real deal but he isn't all they had. Good luck next year!

Congratulations to the Pats for a fantastic season. A special congratulations to Coach Counce! I've known James for years and had the opportunity to compete against his teams on many occasions. I am so happy that such a deserving person finally had the opportunity to win a gold ball. He has come so close with such good teams over the years and it is particularly gratifying to me to see him achieve this milestone! Again, congrats to the Pat Nation and to Coach Counce and his staff!!!!

Final thoughts from me for the year:

8 Moronicus: You and I could probably get along ok in real life

The Henry County Patriots are the 2011 5A State Champions in High School Football!

I would say it's much more likely than probable. In fact, I'd say there's about a 99% chance of that. BTW, your standard deviation comment was well-played and is one reason I feel certain of my 99% forecast. :thumb:

Once again, congratulations to HC. Heck of a team.

HTV, have you watched the broadcast of the game? If so, I'm assuming you noted the announcers repeatedly saying "Knoxville Powell." I hereby retract all of my previous posts about the fitness of that misnomer. Geesh! That grated on the moron!

Nope, didn't see the broadcast, as I was a little busy working the radio broadcast at the time. I DVRed the TV broadcast, but haven't had time to watch it yet, but I have been forewarned.

Like I tell folks, I may not be the best play by play guy out there, but I at least try to be prepared and know the names and pertinent facts going in.

Nope, didn't see the broadcast, as I was a little busy working the radio broadcast at the time. I DVRed the TV broadcast, but haven't had time to watch it yet, but I have been forewarned.

Like I tell folks, I may not be the best play by play guy out there, but I at least try to be prepared and know the names and pertinent facts going in.

I realize you couldn't have seen it whilst it was live -- hence, the "have you watched" language. And you are too humble. You do a very good job. I've been able to listen now to four of your games during the playoffs.

I realize you couldn't have seen it whilst it was live -- hence, the "have you watched" language. And you are too humble. You do a very good job. I've been able to listen now to four of your games during the playoffs.

Thank you. I sincerely appreciate the compliment, and I after I posted that I realized it hadn't come out like I intended for it to.

Again, thanks. It was a fun year to broadcast. It didn't end like we had hoped, but it was a great run. This senior class was a really special group.

Congrats to Powell for a Super Season and a great Championship Game. Good Luck to the Seniors.

PATS it was a long time coming. Many times in the past so close but not quite there. You had a plan for this year and took care of business. You did make us fans suffer a little the closing minutes but might as well make it exciting!

Thanks to the Coaches for their hard work. Thanks to the Seniors. Some have played their last game some will move on and play past this year. Best Wishes for all of you no matter what direction you head. Thanks to the Underclassmen, look forward to see what you can do in 2012.

It was an exciting year! No reason to think HCHS Football won't be exciting for years to come!!!

2011 PATS 15-0 Class 5A Champions

2012 Pats 0-0

I am outta here!!!!

Where did the picture go???

A picture is worth......in this case, 0 words from the Powell side. :popcorneater:

We can all guess where the pic went but the "evidence" made it clear to me it was a good call and the kid was short by a bit.

It was a great game....the best in the championship games at Cookville this time. Why try to discredit any part of the game. Sure the team that loses one like this is going to hurt more than most because of it and the one that wins will be a good bit happier than the others. It happens every season and this time the WEST came out on top!!!!

Congrats Patriots from McKenzie.

Congratulations to the Pats for a fantastic season. A special congratulations to Coach Counce! I've known James for years and had the opportunity to compete against his teams on many occasions. I am so happy that such a deserving person finally had the opportunity to win a gold ball. He has come so close with such good teams over the years and it is particularly gratifying to me to see him achieve this milestone! Again, congrats to the Pat Nation and to Coach Counce and his staff!!!!

[/quote)

I don't know Coach Cuonce personally but know of him for years in West TN high school football coaching to the point that if you are an "old timer" like me he's a household name to the die hard fans. Henry Co. has been making noise for several years now and coach Counce has come in and dotted the i's and crossed the t's and he and the Patriots now have their first Gold Ball. A real "feel good" story for the area. Way to go ya'll.

HTV, have you watched the broadcast of the game? If so, I'm assuming you noted the announcers repeatedly saying "Knoxville Powell." I hereby retract all of my previous posts about the fitness of that misnomer. Geesh! That grated on the moron!

Hey I did not have anything to do with that one. I already learned my mistake, the hard way. LOL :)

Moronicus and HTV Have a Great Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hope to post with you guys next year when................AC wins the State!!!!!! New Years resolution of mine and it certainly better be one for my Nephew, Davey. :)

Hey I did not have anything to do with that one. I already learned my mistake, the hard way. LOL :)

Moronicus and HTV Have a Great Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hope to post with you guys next year when................AC wins the State!!!!!! New Years resolution of mine and it certainly better be one for my Nephew, Davey. :)

Same to you, Jeopardyperil! But with your prediction on Anderson County, I think some Christmas cheer came a little early for you last night! From what I've seen and heard AC ought to be improved but I'd think Powell would be the prohibitive 5A favorite in the district with AC and Central close behind. Poor old Halls and CC will be battling for the cellar. I'm not thinking any of the 3AAA 5A teams will be legitimate state contenders next year. But I do hope one of them will prove me wrong.