Wayne Co. vs South Pitt

wchs78

I re-watched my DVR recording of the game and as WC was killing the clock at the end, Duh-mee-trick Johnson got "the move of the game" (????????????????). Good for him. GO CATS!

Remember that name...and Jujuan Lankford as well. Barring injury next year, they will both do big things for South Pittsburg....it was just not their time to shine in this game.

I know some folks have jumped on Chubb for celebrating. I did not see it because I was celebrating the touchdown myself. Regardless of what he did, he has been a big part of the Pirate program for 4 years and the young Pirates have big shoes to fill. He was injured most of the year....including the state game but still made an impact for his team.

Congrats again to Wayne County.

Remember that name...and Jujuan Lankford as well. Barring injury next year, they will both do big things for South Pittsburg....it was just not their time to shine in this game.

I know some folks have jumped on Chubb for celebrating. I did not see it because I was celebrating the touchdown myself. Regardless of what he did, he has been a big part of the Pirate program for 4 years and the young Pirates have big shoes to fill. He was injured most of the year....including the state game but still made an impact for his team.

Congrats again to Wayne County.

uncle dave, i have to say i had a bigger issue with the punishment for the celebration than the celebration itself. the penalty should be enforced on the p.a.t. not the ensuing kickoff. it would have been much more of a penitance, especially for you all(no kicker and all). if they are just gonna give out paper dragon punishments, then they should just let them have fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sshr8e3iQwc&feature=related

274+ pages of crap (and yes, it's all crap) relating to a stinking high school football game?!?!?!? You so-called men who devote over half of your daily routine to posting behind an anonymous screen name to a website related to high school sports need to GET A LIFE!! If you all spent as much time and energy toward your families and jobs as you do this website, you'd more than likely be very successful people and leaders in your community. Please, take a step back and prioritize. You're better than this. Set an example worth following.

Let me ask you something hiheat24. You say "so-called men.....under anonymous names" well.....hmmmm.... Are you not using an anonymous name and are you or are not on the same site as us folks right no??

I have plenty of time to be on coacht, as do others; while I also do these things: Go to school at UNA, work two different jobs, scince it's open I hunt now, I'm always fishing and playing golf, and see my girlfriend every night. I'm sorry that most of us aren't as lazy as you and not do anything because we just sit behind a desk all day.....mmmmm......? You said in another post that you were a coach.....huh.....I don't think that's very mature of you to get on here bashing kids and grownups under a anonymous name!!! There are losts of people who like getting on here and talking about big games. Big games like the one that was played Friday! This is a lost argument that you stand alone in(well there are lots of women out there that don't like sports but not all) because most every guy loves to talk football, either, if they know it or not.

Oh wait, nevermind I see whats going on here.....your wife must wear the pants in the house and you do what she tells you to. It is all much clearer now. She prolly made you post that to prove to her your loyalty .

I picture you being this guy.....

Edited by wildcatalumni

uncle dave, i have to say i had a bigger issue with the punishment for the celebration than the celebration itself. the penalty should be enforced on the p.a.t. not the ensuing kickoff. it would have been much more of a penitance, especially for you all(no kicker and all). if they are just gonna give out paper dragon punishments, then they should just let them have fun.

First off ALL players no matter the level of play need to act respectful of the game and their opponent. Like my old ball coach used to say, "Boys when you score a TD act like you been there before and that you plan on coming back real soon." Just hand the ball to the Ref and go high 5 your teammates.

The penalty being enforced on the kickoff was HUGE. As i recall we only got about a 15 yard return on it HOWEVER, the due to the penalty we started that drive on approx. the 50 yard line! I don't get much better than that.

I was real proud of our Wayne Co. Wildcats. They played hard, showed respect for the game and their opponent and got the job done. WCHS 2011 TSSAA STATE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!

First off ALL players no matter the level of play need to act respectful of the game and their opponent. Like my old ball coach used to say, "Boys when you score a TD act like you been there before and that you plan on coming back real soon." Just hand the ball to the Ref and go high 5 your teammates.

The penalty being enforced on the kickoff was HUGE. As i recall we only got about a 15 yard return on it HOWEVER, the due to the penalty we started that drive on approx. the 50 yard line! I don't get much better than that.

I was real proud of our Wayne Co. Wildcats. They played hard, showed respect for the game and their opponent and got the job done. WCHS 2011 TSSAA STATE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!![/size]

not a day of fun in your whole life, i'd guess. :roflol:

if the kid had danced an entire routine, you might have a point. what the kid did wasn't that bad, over half the folks in the stands didn't even realize it. you all didn't need an extra 10 yards on kick off, you were moving the rather easily. a 6 point score would have been much more of a mental hurdle for sp. either way, the games over and you're a stick in the mud. :roflolk:

I hope not, basketball is just a sprained ankle or broken finger waiting to happen. He needs to concentrate on baseball now, they are going to have a great team. Sports are played outside, I mean what is a foul anyway: when your touched or tackled?

If Austin plays bball then you won't be sured a victory over Wayne Co. but if he doesn't then yea yall wont have a problem.

Ahhhh......excuses, excuses.....rlh is so upset that he is having to remember last years game to help him get through that 200lbs of crow that him and the other SP posters have to eat, because that's what it was 200 pages of (most but not all....Roy, Ambassador and others) SP fans taling about a mercy rule just like last year. They can't take it......

I gave props to Wayne County after the game, but DO NOT say I mentioned anything about a mercy rule. That my friend would be a LIE. I never even made a prediction on the game. I said all week it would be a tough game and the pirates better be ready. That IS ALL I said. Great job by Wayne, they played a perfect football game. The difference in the game was Wayne played perfect and SP couldn't match it. Great job, but please go back and and look at the thread. You will NOT see where I predicted a SP win much less a mercy rule.

I gave props to Wayne County after the game, but DO NOT say I mentioned anything about a mercy rule. That my friend would be a LIE. I never even made a prediction on the game. I said all week it would be a tough game and the pirates better be ready. That IS ALL I said. Great job by Wayne, they played a perfect football game. The difference in the game was Wayne played perfect and SP couldn't match it. Great job, but please go back and and look at the thread. You will NOT see where I predicted a SP win much less a mercy rule.

Hey Ambassador i think he was saying that you were one of the few that wasn't predicting a blowout or mercy rule game. Thats why he put you and Roy in the parenthasis.

Old Pirate says the Wildcats have became the lead dog and the Pirates is going to have to smell the mess for a while.

With that said......Congrats to the Wildcats on the "W" and the new 1A State Champs. What a great way for the team to end the season and for the seniors to end their careers.

Now as for the Pirates....OP feels the pain as most SP fans do. This Pirate team has plenty to hold their heads up about. Many have mentioned Gold Balls, Silver Balls and the such. It occurred with 10 total state title games played over 40+ yrs these seniors have been a part of 3 which is 30% with 1 Gold and 2 Silver. Few players can say they have done that or bettered it. Now as for the loss recon it will hurt forever but in time you will be very proud of what you were able to achieve. :thumb:

For the returning players you will again have a great chance to reach you dream again in 2012.