Wayne Co. vs South Pitt

wchs78

Old Pirate says the Wildcats have became the lead dog and the Pirates is going to have to smell the mess for a while.

With that said......Congrats to the Wildcats on the "W" and the new 1A State Champs. What a great way for the team to end the season and for the seniors to end their careers.

Now as for the Pirates....OP feels the pain as most SP fans do. This Pirate team has plenty to hold their heads up about. Many have mentioned Gold Balls, Silver Balls and the such. It occurred with 10 total state title games played over 40+ yrs these seniors have been a part of 3 which is 30% with 1 Gold and 2 Silver. Few players can say they have done that or bettered it. Now as for the loss recon it will hurt forever but in time you will be very proud of what you were able to achieve. :thumb:

For the returning players you will again have a great chance to reach you dream again in 2012.

Bahahahaha........i believe you have been STEAMROLLED one to many times Old Pirate. We've got some major changes coming real soon that will straighten out these bent train tracks weve been traveling on for the past few seasons. Any pirate that's really in the know is aware of this. THAT IS ALL!

So Now We Go Back And Roast The Kid Who Celebrated His Touchdown?...Get Over It...It's Amazing How This Topic Grows Leggs... :roflolk:

I brought it up because someone back in this 250 plus pages of mess jumped on him for celebrating....guess they never made a bad decision in their life. Like I mentioned in my post, he was a big reason the Pirates have been so good the last two years.

Bahahahaha........i believe you have been STEAMROLLED one to many times Old Pirate. We've got some major changes coming real soon that will straighten out these bent train tracks weve been traveling on for the past few seasons. Any pirate that's really in the know is aware of this. THAT IS ALL!

A coaching change.........Little Grider,will taking over the head coaching job.....Many SP people say this should have taking place sometime ago :unsure:

not a day of fun in your whole life, i'd guess. :roflol:

if the kid had danced an entire routine, you might have a point. what the kid did wasn't that bad, over half the folks in the stands didn't even realize it. you all didn't need an extra 10 yards on kick off, you were moving the rather easily. a 6 point score would have been much more of a mental hurdle for sp. either way, the games over and you're a stick in the mud. :roflolk:

OK so you missed the main point of what I was saying. I wasn't trying to beat up on the kid or take the fun out of the game. The crux of what I said about that was to go celebrate with YOUR team. You can't turn toward the opposing team and taunt. You just can't. I love to see teammates High fiving, knocking helmets, etc.

But that wasn't even why I posted to begin with. I was trying to (and not surprisingly you missed it) point out the lunacy of you saying that assessing the penalty on the kickoff wasn't a true punishment I believe you called it a "paper tiger?". Placing the penalty on the extra point at worse results in a loss of two points for the offending team. By placing it on the kickoff the penalty exposes the offending team to a possible TD because of the good field position; at the very worst the team goes three and out and flips the field on the offending team by punting inside the ten.

Edited by WildcatGrad

I gave props to Wayne County after the game, but DO NOT say I mentioned anything about a mercy rule. That my friend would be a LIE. I never even made a prediction on the game. I said all week it would be a tough game and the pirates better be ready. That IS ALL I said. Great job by Wayne, they played a perfect football game. The difference in the game was Wayne played perfect and SP couldn't match it. Great job, but please go back and and look at the thread. You will NOT see where I predicted a SP win much less a mercy rule.

I was saying that you were one the only few that gave WC a chance and didn't predicate a mercy rule. I tip my hat to you and Roy.

OK so you missed the main point of what I was saying. I wasn't trying to beat up on the kid or take the fun out of the game. The crux of what I said about that was to go celebrate with YOUR team. You can't turn toward the opposing team and taunt. You just can't. I love to see teammates High fiving, knocking helmets, etc.

But that wasn't even why I posted to begin with. I was trying to (and not surprisingly you missed it) point out the lunacy of you saying that assessing the penalty on the kickoff wasn't a true punishment I believe you called it a "paper tiger?". Placing the penalty on the extra point at worse results in a loss of two points for the offending team. By placing it on the kickoff the penalty exposes the offending team to a possible TD because of the good field position; at the very worst the team goes three and out and flips the field on the offending team by punting inside the ten.

I say take the TD away and give em 1st and goal from the 15. That would give the refs some real power.:roflolk:

Ahhhh......excuses, excuses.....rlh is so upset that he is having to remember last years game to help him get through that 200lbs of crow that him and the other SP posters have to eat, because that's what it was 200 pages of (most but not all....Roy, Ambassador and others) SP fans taling about a mercy rule just like last year. They can't take it......

You are full of crap. I was disappointed. So what. As far as predicting a mercy rule I did not. Go look in the 1a brackets thread and look at me guess at the score. When I lived in driving distance, I would go to SP games including road games even in years when SP had losing or .500 seasons and no hope of making the playoffs. When I am in the area, I still do that even though I live 575 miles away. That also holds true of going to North Alabama games, UT games and University of Arkansas games. I like high school and college football. Fridays game is today's history. Time marches on.

so... let's say, theoretically, that sp had scored that td and tied the game(before the pat) with 7 seconds left in the game. they attempt the pat from the 3, instead of the 13, and make the 2 point conversion. and the penalty is 10 yards on the kickoff. clocks now down to 2 seconds after the return and you have it on the 50 down by 2. would you still think that penalty is more than a paper tiger?

it's justice, without merit, for a victimless crime. lunacy indeed. :thumb:

Edited by snoball5278