Milan VS CAK

Slim88

He's been really good in the POs. Just hope it continues....we're gonna need it.!!!!!! Got some family ties up there that had a nephew play for CAK last couple years.

Hope your nephew plays really well tomorrow! We will need a top notch effort from our defense to limit the Milan offense. But I still expect them to get their yards and points to a degree regardless. CAK cannot let Milan control the clock.

No Dawg you are mistaken..... They show up Friday thinking they can beat a East Tennessee Team for once.

no elf. a bunch of good kids will show up to play football. win or lose, they are not idiot's. your a piece of crap for calling them that. and if i'm a piace of crap for calling you an idiot then so be it because your still an idiot. PURPLE SHIRT #44 FRONT ROW CENTER. :angry:

Who will win in the trenches? That is gonna be key in this game.

Oh so true in just about all the games you watch at any level. QB's can't throw and RB's can't run without good blocking up front, and LB's can't make plays and DB's can't cover long enough if the DL isn't doing what they are suppose to do. The unsung heros on any championship team usually reside in the trenches.

#7 and #90 for Milan look like they can cause some trouble in the DL, maybe all those guys on the DL for Milan can do the same its just that those 2 really jump out at me on the video I've seen. The Milan OL looks well disciplined and able to get push and open some lanes for the RB's. So I would say Milan has a solid line on both sides of the ball. For CAK I can say that the offensive line has been highly effective even with 5 new starters, but I can't say it was a surprise. Coach M.Bradley is one of the best OL coaches around, especially for pass blocking, so we all expected him to whip together a good OL and we have not been disappointed. It is the largest OL we have ever had at CAK with 3 of the 5 topping 250lbs. and the tackles pushing 300lbs and they don't have big bellies like me, ha. The Warrior DL was an issue early in the year, but some personnel changes and position swapping have vastly improved the effectiveness of this group. There is a small rotation with a couple of players. A couple very sizable DT's with some undersized DE's that are very mobile and play like LB's.

Well said Footballdad. Until these 2 teams actually suit up its hard to say how the trenches will turn out. My sense of it based on watching a little film is that CAK will by in large give good protection to QB High. That's not to say that he will never be hurried or sacked, but I believe the OL is good enough, combined with High's athleticism, as well as some things that can be used to slow down a rush (screens, draws, QB scrambles etc) that CAK will be ok in the trenches on offense.

Defensivly, it is harder for me to get a read for several reasons. First, I really like some of the tweaking of players and positions. It totally changes the defense. Moving #90 to DT and #75 to DE is very very good. Then using #58 and #22 at the other end and for rotation is very effective IMO. Rotating 16, 25, and 5 at CB makes a dramatic difference as well. I am curious as to who will see time at OLB if #24 isn't ready to go. Having said all that, #3 and #29 for Milan don't need much of a hole from the OL. #29 basically can make his own hole with his power, and #3 just needs a crevice and he's gone. So, I'll summarize by saying on defense I think the Warrior DL will play very well, but Milan will still get some yards and scores, particularly if they can mix in some effective passing without giving up turnover(s).

Edited by Govolsknox

How does playing on turf affect each of these teams, if at all?

We don't know for CAK since this is the first time ever to play on turf. However; the Warriors have been practicing on field turf for the past 6 weeks or so at an outdoor area athletic training facility due to wet muddy practice field conditions. It didn't seem to hurt them any practicing on the turf and then playing on grass, so hopefully it won't have any negative effects.

We don't know for CAK since this is the first time ever to play on turf. However; the Warriors have been practicing on field turf for the past 6 weeks or so at an outdoor area athletic training facility due to wet muddy practice field conditions. It didn't seem to hurt them any practicing on the turf and then playing on grass, so hopefully it won't have any negative effects.

Milan has been practicing this week at UT Martin on turf. They have done this in the past for championskip games so it shouldn't be new for them.