Maplewood Panthers versus Greeneville Greene Devils

midtnmale

I may not be the smartest person in the world, but I do know the difference in basketball and football and I'm pretty sure gcfball was talking about how ridiculous nohands post was saying it would be 106-20 then 89-50 in BASKETBALL...Come on now greene4747 if you cant keep up its probably better to stay out.

Prediction still the same..... :hungry:

Ok heres one for ya.... Why dont all the county schools play down... I bet if we all write TSSAA and tell them how jealous you all are of GHS they may let you.... OH WAIT... County schools would have a problem in that classification to and then they would start saying that some other school needs to play up... PUUUUUUUUUUUULEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

This is a dumb post compliments of all of your alls STUPID posts about GHS's playing up a classification so you all wouldnt be so JEALOUS...

On the real topic..... Here's my prediction-------> GHS wins and all the haters on here are still Jealous... :popcorneater:

Go Greene!!!!!!!

Ok first, I have no jealousy in my body!

Second, what did my post have anything to do with what you just posted...I know, I know, pick me...it has nothing to do with my post. Make sure you reply to the right person!

Oh yeah, this Saturday: greeneville wins!

Edited by gcfball

No, it was for you too...... <_<

When did I even talk about greeneville playing up or down? I understand they are playing where they are supposed to be! SpreadAttack was just trying to say that they chose to move down and not play up any more. He never meant they were playing in a classification that they should not be in. Then he asked if they would move back up after next year. Good question: football team has no competition in conference and loses a lot gate money. I know they won't move back up because of the other sports and that is fine with me because WG is going to beat greeneville next year (that's for you Barb).......but as for this Saturday: greeneville wins!

Edited by gcfball

I believe they will stay where they are classified. I've heard talk that the tssaa might go back to the old 5 classifications system though.

I wonder why yall don't give Maplewood any flack....they were in 4A in the old classification too :popcorneater:

Not that it matters but Chuckey Doak and West Greene are closer in size to GHS than GHS is to Maplewood. Mapelwood is larger by over 200 students. I have no issue with that. Maplewood is playing in the class TSSAA put them in as are we.

It will be one of the most exciting championships ever if you try and leave the stadium with the 5A trophy. being that it's the 4a game. Hard to take you serious when you lack familiarity with your teams classification. :ph34r:

I meant 4A. I guess your fingers have never missed a key while typing? Its surely not the lack of familiarity with anything!

I believe they will stay where they are classified. I've heard talk that the tssaa might go back to the old 5 classifications system though.

I wonder why yall don't give Maplewood any flack....they were in 4A in the old classification too :popcorneater:

I like the way the 5 classes were better than this anyways it was alot less confusing.

While I can't speak for everyone else, before last year I had never heard of Maplewood so I didnt and still dont really care what class they play or played in. I am familiar with Greeneville though and more than anything just like to pester the Greeneville fans and watch them get so riled up and defensive over their Devils :popcorneater:

He isn't a GHS fan WOMG. He is a Volunteer Falcon fan a team that use to be in GHS's conference when we played up all those year

Actually I'm an East TN football fan so basically that means I'm a fan by default. Always did respect G'ville when my son was playing and we played you guys. Good games and a lot of smack talking with Barb and Kev-O made it extra fun, but I don't have a dog in the hunt anymore so I cheer for the East Tn teams this time of year.

Go get it G'ville!!!

Not that it matters but Chuckey Doak and West Greene are closer in size to GHS than GHS is to Maplewood. Mapelwood is larger by over 200 students. I have no issue with that. Maplewood is playing in the class TSSAA put them in as are we.

WG has about 680-690 students, not sure how many greeneville has and really it doesn't matter. I think we make too much out of size of school. I think what is most important is facilities and amount of help. Greeneville has 6A-type facilities and a large coaching staff. I believe having 430 boys to choose from is enough to find talent. Then if you have the facilities/equipment/coaches to help improve the players', you can compete with bigger schools. A school with 1000 boys to choose from doesn't keep 200 of them, they keep enough to field a good team.

This Saturday: greeneville wins!

WG has about 680-690 students, not sure how many greeneville has and really it doesn't matter. I think we make too much out of size of school. I think what is most important is facilities and amount of help. Greeneville has 6A-type facilities and a large coaching staff. I believe having 430 boys to choose from is enough to find talent. Then if you have the facilities/equipment/coaches to help improve the players', you can compete with bigger schools. A school with 1000 boys to choose from doesn't keep 200 of them, they keep enough to field a good team.

This Saturday: greeneville wins!

So basically your saying that a 185lb boxer should box a 225lb boxer just because the 185lb guy is good and has a great trainer and workout facility.

So basically your saying that a 185lb boxer should box a 225lb boxer just because the 185lb guy is good and has a great trainer and workout facility.

Not sure how you got that out of my post, but anyway...I didn't mention anything about weight. I was talking about # of students.

Saturday...greeneville wins!