Maplewood Panthers versus Greeneville Greene Devils

midtnmale

Most of those schools are much larger than GHS. Greeneville has approx. 850 students. Mo. West has approx. 1400. East is close to the same. Crocket 1400, Boone 1300, Cocke County 1200. You honestly think Greeneville should be in their classification? Thanks for the compliment, but I really don't understand why you think they shouldn't be 4A. If TSSAA reorganizes Greeneville will go whereever they are put. I also don't agree with those that say the team has an advantage from playing up all those years. None of the guys that took the field last Friday night played anywhere but in the BRAC during their time at Greeneville

Crockett 1400, wow! I would hate to be them in their conference. 1A Hampton with about 350-400 students would wear them out...which actually proves my point from earlier that a # is just a # sometimes!

You are entitled to your own opinion, it really doesn't matter to me but I know for a fact what I heard that night. I don't think either staff was on their best behavior that night at all.

Maybe you did hear an "attaboy" for a monster hit. Having spent my formative years tromping the sidelines with my dad, I can tell you that a hard hitting kid is to be encouraged during a game and counciled after unless he is obviously out of control. Most of you guys have played this game and know that sometimes late hits happen for a lot of reasons besides being coached that way. You know when you have dialed in on that angle of persuit, sometimes you block out everything but that guy you want to destroy. When that hankie hit the ground, that kid knew he was late and what he did wrong and it was probably an "uh oh" moment. Ballard was correct to encourage him by praising his peformance during the game. Film time is when you address these issues, unless you have a kid that has an obvious problem that needs immediate correction.

Maybe you did hear an "attaboy" for a monster hit. Having spent my formative years tromping the sidelines with my dad, I can tell you that a hard hitting kid is to be encouraged during a game and counciled after unless he is obviously out of control. Most of you guys have played this game and know that sometimes late hits happen for a lot of reasons besides being coached that way. You know when you have dialed in on that angle of persuit, sometimes you block out everything but that guy you want to destroy. When that hankie hit the ground, that kid knew he was late and what he did wrong and it was probably an "uh oh" moment. Ballard was correct to encourage him by praising his peformance during the game. Film time is when you address these issues, unless you have a kid that has an obvious problem that needs immediate correction.

I guess this is where we just flat out disagree. You should never compliment a kid for a late hit. I understand those bang bang hits that are right after the whistle, but the ones that are multiple seconds afterwards? There is just no sense in it. In addition to being dirty, it costs your team 15 yards.

I guess this is where we just flat out disagree. You should never compliment a kid for a late hit. I understand those bang bang hits that are right after the whistle, but the ones that are multiple seconds afterwards? There is just no sense in it. In addition to being dirty, it costs your team 15 yards.

At what point in that game did Hollowell hit somebody late?

County schools are provided with one head coaching supplement and 2 assistant coaches supplements.

As far as the bleachers, WG will take any and all donations! I don't think they have received any calls from anybody wanting to give/build them bleachers. It will take a lot of money to get them, and they are still paying for their much-needed field house they had built.

I hope they can improve their seating situation, just don't see it happening in the short future.

There is no limit on the number of un-paid or volunteer coaches that these schools can have. The only requirement TSSAA has is that the names of all (high school) "non-faculty" (volunteer) coaches must be submitted to the TSSAA each year and that the volunteers must complete the National Federation of High School Coaches Education Program in a TSSAA-approved course within two years of his/her employment and must attend the TSSAA coaches training session within the first year of being named a coach. I believe several years ago, Parkins added an additional requirement that they also undergo a criminal background check. Greeneville has dne an excellent job, bringing former players on board in both paid and unpaid positions. The county schools could do a beter job targeting young teachers with a college athletic background and a desire to begin a coaching career.

I'm glad you don't set up classifications :roflol:. There would be alot of inner city schools playing in 1A ball if it came down to the facilities that a school has. It is logical to say that with more students in a school the greater percentage you have to field a more athletic team. This is the reason why Florida,California, Georgia, Texas, Alabama, etc. have better football teams than teams in TN and also send more kids to D1 schools. Population size has everything to do with quality of teams (excluding Privates). The Law's of Math don't agree with your thinking.....

Privates and open zoned schools. Pick up 5 players and not have to worry about the other 45 that would be at the school to in fact change their classification. Get ready! Factoring up open zoned schools will be considered in the next reclassification

Ok, say now you are telling somebody what they may have heard??? He was there and heard it. I am sure you may have heard an attaboy from SC.

Correct in encouraging him to hit late? Wow! Trezevants coach must be a great encourager!

Edited by gcfball