Maplewood Panthers versus Greeneville Greene Devils

midtnmale

They are allowed 1 volunteer assistant in basketball and 3 in football (maybe just 2 in football). Sometimes paid assistants split the already-low assistant supplement...and yes this does definitely affect the attempt to build a program, especially in football when you have 70 boys to coach with 6 coaches (or less). Elementary schools are allowed 1 assistant in football (2 coaches for ? Kids).

I had one coach at SunnySide and we went undefeated in football,Tie for 2ed in basketball and 1st or 2ed in baseball.Glenwood had a great coach as well and they were right there with us.Both were on West Greene's staff later on.One was the Principal for a while.The county schools don't have what Greeneville has,but I know my family members and friends that went to the county high schools would not have traded places with me for it.Many have a choice and there are good and bad that goes with that choice.Not near as many farm boys as when I was growing up and many dads and moms work in town these days

Wow this thread got real boring real fast. As much as it hurts I must admit I'm glad to see that ballski has shown his ugly face,and pictures,again. How was basketball practice today dawg? Is the NBA playin yet?lol

The more I think about this game the more confident I feel GO BIG GREENE :thumb:

All this classification smut brought a few things to my mind:

STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS (yea,thats with an S;it means its plural)

In Wrestling, Soccer, and more in Golf if playing in our true classification all those years. As much as Bill Duncan might have told you ladies and gentlemen, it is not ALL about football.

If we were to play 5A though...i think we would beat Powell,just sayin and Henry Co. for dessert.

"The Boski" is like the wrestling bear back in the days of the county fairs gone by. Taking on all who dare to enter the ring. Hail to the boski...... 8-)

The devils biggest worry is that The Wood will show the same tenacity as the boski. The dude takes on a whole teams fan base in a week long smack fest. Post away man........ :arrow:

"The Boski" is like the wrestling bear back in the days of the county fairs gone by. Taking on all who dare to enter the ring. Hail to the boski...... 8-)

The devils biggest worry is that The Wood will show the same tenacity as the boski. The dude takes on a whole teams fan base in a week long smack fest. Post away man........ :arrow:

Boski is a one man show.I just hope the team from Greeneville puts on a show this weekend

There is no limit on the number of un-paid or volunteer coaches that these schools can have. The only requirement TSSAA has is that the names of all (high school) "non-faculty" (volunteer) coaches must be submitted to the TSSAA each year and that the volunteers must complete the National Federation of High School Coaches Education Program in a TSSAA-approved course within two years of his/her employment and must attend the TSSAA coaches training session within the first year of being named a coach. I believe several years ago, Parkins added an additional requirement that they also undergo a criminal background check. Greeneville has dne an excellent job, bringing former players on board in both paid and unpaid positions. The county schools could do a beter job targeting young teachers with a college athletic background and a desire to begin a coaching career.

I'm not so sure about that.

Coach
– Anyone who instructs or supervises student-athletes in practices or contests.

Section 9.
All coaches will fall under one of the following categories:

1. Full-time employee (a minimum of 100 school days) of a board of education with a Tennessee state teaching license or the equivalent.

2. Retired educator (five or more years' experience) with a valid Tennessee state teaching license or the equivalent.

3. Non-faculty coach – Anyone approved by the principal, superintendent, and/or local board of education in the
normal course of employment procedures
in accordance with applicable state law. All non-faculty coaches shall be submitted to the state office annually. Use of a non-faculty coach who has not met all the requirements listed below or who has not been submitted to the state office shall result in a fine of $500.00.

4. Classified Employee – Any individual employed by a member school or school system in a position that does not require a teaching license or the equivalent. The use of classified employees as coaches is subject to the following restrictions:

a. the classified employee must be employed full-time (30 hours or more per week) in a noncoaching position and may not be an independent contractor or an employee of an independent contractor;

b. Although not counted as a non-faculty coach, he/she must be submitted to the state office annually and meet all requirements listed below.

D. Assistant coaches may be full-time employees, retired educators, classified employees, or non-faculty coaches.
If a school is using a non-faculty coach as an assistant, they are limited to three assistant coaches in football
, and two assistant coaches in basketball, baseball, softball, and track.

Wow this thread got real boring real fast. As much as it hurts I must admit I'm glad to see that ballski has shown his ugly face,and pictures,again. How was basketball practice today dawg? Is the NBA playin yet?lol

The more I think about this game the more confident I feel GO BIG GREENE :thumb:

All this classification smut brought a few things to my mind:

STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS (yea,thats with an S;it means its plural)

In Wrestling, Soccer, and more in Golf if playing in our true classification all those years. As much as Bill Duncan might have told you ladies and gentlemen, it is not ALL about football.

If we were to play 5A though...i think we would beat Powell,just sayin and Henry Co. for dessert.

basketball practice?? ..kidding right? you know i was at skills class again ...ma is such a kidder ...i mean i hope she was kidding ...said something about " ...regret ...adoption ...never ...papers ...singed ..i .." but not in that exact order ..kinda slurred it a bit ...but you get the picture ...

Why is it taking so long for your confidence to build up about your team ....having seconds thought? worried you not playing someone else?? ...i mean im just saying ...thats what im seeing from you ...its ok to be concened ... here read a bit.. Citypaper Lets get it Panthers!!!!

greenbarb2.jpg

MRSCA33 'aka' ma " the more i think about this game ....the more sense it makes for me to become a Panther fan... GO MAPLEWOOD!!!!"

hey why not? ...this is the most fun iv'e had on here all year! ...just so happens to be greeneville ..i wanted it just like this ... we want the "best" ... to be the best you got to beat the "best" ...iv'e always heard ..time to do it!!