Maplewood Panthers versus Greeneville Greene Devils

midtnmale

Yes but from the stories I've read he has been held in check at least a couple of times...back to back games with 80 total rushing yrds according to The Tennessean. I am more concerned with the Jones kid. He's a big ol boy that can flat hurt ya.

In the quarter-final game, versus White House, Vanlier was injured during Maplewoood's first offensive series. Jones eventually came in to takeover the position. Jones was running the ball so well I guess the head coach didn't see any need of bringing Vanlier back in, possibly risking further injury.

Yes but from the stories I've read he has been held in check at least a couple of times...back to back games with 80 total rushing yrds according to The Tennessean. I am more concerned with the Jones kid. He's a big ol boy that can flat hurt ya.

I agree but my words were aimed at the speed talk. It will be interesting to see how The Wood mixes them up in the game. Both teams bring speed and brute to the running game. Offense is always about getting the ball into the play makers hands. I think misdirection favors Greeneville but tight end out favors The Wood. :ph34r:

Well I have read every post thus far and it seems that there will be plenty of smack talk this week. I do not know much about Maplewood, other than to say that history says they are a darn good football team, that GHS had better respect them, work their tails off this week, as they always do and come ready to play 4 quarters saturday. Im as excited about this game as I have ever been for a HS football game. I dont know if my nerves or my heart can stand a nail biter, but if this game plays out as i suspect it might, I guess i better bring plenty of blood pressure meds saturday. Best of luck Greene Devils, we all love you, are proud of you and no matter the outcome saturday, you young men have made us all proud to call ourselves GREENE DEVILS. Take in everything coach B and staff tell you this week. prepare well and come out swinging saturday night and in my opinion, I beleive we will all return home once again Victorious..........GO BIG GREENE.....Does anyone know if MHS has a good kicker?

Your message to the players is a good one, but I hope NONE of them actually get on here to read...or post for that matter.

I agree but my words were aimed at the speed talk. It will be interesting to see how The Wood mixes them up in the game. Both teams bring speed and brute to the running game. Offense is always about getting the ball into the play makers hands. I think misdirection favors Greeneville but tight end out favors The Wood. :ph34r:

thumb[1].gif