Maplewood Panthers versus Greeneville Greene Devils

midtnmale

Why yes ...they do... At least I can say my parents are two different people ..lol ...k...back to football...was just seeing if I still had it.... I think I do :) .... By the way Maplewood wins!!

Your parents being two different people rule out that clue to your stupidity! Just wanted to see if I "STILL" had it. Now let me get back to football and say this. I said last year that it should have been Maplewood and Greeneville in the championship, but it didn't work that way. All season this year, I have said that it will be us (GHS) and Maplewood at the end if the bracket falls right. I am glad we are meeting. I think it will be a great matchup, BBBBUUUUUTTTT we win by two touchdowns and that is no disrespect to your 4WR, 2RB, 1QB and 4OL. But allow me to give you a little advice; you had better change that playcard, because your QB will never release the ball with that set!!! Good Luck! :twisted:

Your parents being two different people rule out that clue to your stupidity! Just wanted to see if I "STILL" had it. Now let me get back to football and say this. I said last year that it should have been Maplewood and Greeneville in the championship, but it didn't work that way. All season this year, I have said that it will be us (GHS) and Maplewood at the end if the bracket falls right. I am glad we are meeting. I think it will be a great matchup, BBBBUUUUUTTTT we win by two touchdowns and that is no disrespect to your 4WR, 2RB, 1QB and 4OL. But allow me top give you a little advice you had better change that playcard, because your QB will never release the ball with that set!!! Good Luck! :twisted:

Oh I almost forgot ....its a direct snap...to any of the 4 wr. ...and one of the fb ...if he lines up directly In front of the center... I'm thinking it might work once... Fair warning ... Don't sleep on us!!

This CAK Warrior is pulling for all the E.TN teams to bring back the championship, but I think Greeneville may be the biggest favorite of us all. I was thinking that honor may belong to Maryville, but after seeing what WH did to MJ, I think Maryville will be more tested than the Green Devils. I have been very impressed with the videos I have seen of Greeneville and it appears that you have first class facilities and support.

We do not have field turf at CAK and we have never played on it before. Since you guys play on it everyday, is there any thing that we should know about that? Any issues with standard cleats, etc....? Do you see more bleeding from elbows, etc on the turf? If so what do you suggest for our trainers to have prepared to get the players back on the field quickly?

This CAK Warrior is pulling for all the E.TN teams to bring back the championship, but I think Greeneville may be the biggest favorite of us all. I was thinking that honor may belong to Maryville, but after seeing what WH did to MJ, I think Maryville will be more tested than the Green Devils. I have been very impressed with the videos I have seen of Greeneville and it appears that you have first class facilities and support.

We do not have field turf at CAK and we have never played on it before. Since you guys play on it everyday, is there any thing that we should know about that? Any issues with standard cleats, etc....? Do you see more bleeding from elbows, etc on the turf? If so what do you suggest for our trainers to have prepared to get the players back on the field quickly?

It's solid to play on, no divots or holes. Seems as if a lot of faster guys used to playing on grass slip more than normal, not sure why.

As for the game, I will be rooting for the Panthers but have a hard time believing Greeneville will be beaten. I have seen Greeneville several times this season and I am impressed by the tenacity and mindset they have. This team doesn't just want to win, they want to dominate the game in all aspects of it. Not the most talented team I have ever seen but I have seen very few that play as hard as they do every down. Good luck Maplewood.

Hello fans of both sides,

This is going to be an awesome game no matter what the score is or who wins. I would like to give a shout out to the maplewood panthers, congrats on making it to the finals. You are a great football team and You deserve to be there. However, I like would to give a bigger shout out to those defending state champions Greeneville Greene Devils for their win over a great Giles county football team that showed a lot of heart, class, and character. Also another big shout out for making it the finals the 3rd straight year. You always here of those Knox, chatt, nash, & memp teams going to the state all of the time, and I am not taking any thing away from those teams because they were good. It's an honour to be a part of an east tn team that's getting some respect because of their dedication of working hard and attitude to never give up. Greene has showed a lot of character in the past three years.. Compliments to the coachings staff and their hard work. This Greeneville team is better than last years team. Man that defense is awesome especially against the run. The offense is more diverse. They have not one, but multiple talented weapons that are fast. The offensive line is like a banned of brothers going to battle; always sticking together no matter how hard the fight is. In saying all this about Greeneville, I can not say enough about that maplewood team also. Last year maplewood show a lot of heart, character, and class. They should have been playing in last years state instead of trezevant. This going to be a hard fought game. Both teams have heart and want it. I'll be cheering for Greene though. I believe greene can win this one more time before the run is over for a while. I Wish both teams the best and no matter what the final score is; you are both WINNERS. GO GREENE

Come on guys, it's early in the week and we need to clean it up on here. This is a great site to discuss football and ruined by a few that don't understand that. I know that everyone wants to WILL or POST their team to a Victory and a Gold Ball on Sat. But, the fact is that we haven't practiced the last 6-8 months to get here. They have. I have not seen Maplewood play and missed that game last year. (Maplewood will also.)I do know that these boys from Greeneville are and will be ready as they have every week this year. They have a great staff that will prepare them for whatever Maplewood brings. As for the game, it's a State Title game. It's gonna be tough. It should be. I got bored watching last years game. Both teams are different. I think it is a defensive game and I think Greeneville has a slight edge. (Look at the Mr. Football awards!) On offense, it's close again. I know Maplewood has a decent RB, but Greeneville will throw 3-4 different guys with many different abilities at you. I give Greeneville a slight edge here. I think Greeneville's kicker is an added weapon for us. I have to say it should be a great game. My pick this week is Greeneville 31 to Maplewood 21. If either team has turnovers, then it WILL affect the outcome. I hear the sportsmanship in the game last year was great, so let's have some on here as well. GO DEVILS-------ALL IN!

Defense wins Championships. We have the two best rated defenses in the State going for the gold ball. MW has their running game and GHS has their's. So the game could be decided by field position, turnovers, and coaching. The GHS kicking game and Ballard's coaching are the difference in the game. GHS 28 MW 14. Go Devils!!