Wayne County State Champs

mtngoatbilly

I hope its not the Wayne Co. minis. Those little fellers looked pretty tough in the parade tonight. Looks like we got a bright future coming up!

The Waynesboro Youth teams are AWESOME!! The future is bright! This year our league consisted of Waynesboro, Collinwood, Lawrenceburg Wildcats, Lawrenceburg Panthers, and Summertown. Waynesboro won the championship in the 4,5,6 year old, 9/10 year old, and 11/12 year old divisions! Three out of four aint bad!!!! Also the 11/12 year old group won back to back championships going 17-0 combined for the two years!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Waynesboro Youth teams are AWESOME!! The future is bright! This year our league consisted of Waynesboro, Collinwood, Lawrenceburg Wildcats, Lawrenceburg Panthers, and Summertown. Waynesboro won the championship in the 4,5,6 year old, 9/10 year old, and 11/12 year old divisions! Three out of four aint bad!!!! Also the 11/12 year old group won back to back championships going 17-0 combined for the two years!

The 9 and 10 year olds have won back to back championships also with a combined record of 15-2.

After the Moore Co. Raiders played yall I for one said you fellers would be State Champions and have belived it all year, although I thought you would be playing Gville,but Gville made to many mistakes allowing S Pitt, to get the win but I'm glad you beat last years champions because it takes Champions to beat Champions.

oldraiderfan, you are truely one of the only ones that believed in WC all year long, even when people in our own town doubted our chances of even having a good year after loosing Tyler. You can always remember the haters and the ones that had to made believers but I personally would like to thank you. It means a lot to the players (like my brother) to get on here and see people from other teams(mainly local teams in our Region 6) cheering you on to win. :thumb:

WAYNE COUNTY WILDCATS!!!!

2011 TSSAA 1A STATE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Well I've passed about 20 emergency vehicles since getting into Wayne County. Going to be a big gathering on the square.

Congrats to WC you played an almost perfect game, talked to several WC fans before the game and after the game and all were class acts.If any posters on here had seniors on the team all I can say is as a parent I feel your pain. The loss was not hard to accept but watching my son play his last game as a high school football player cut to the bone.Congrats you earned it!!

Congrats to WC you played an almost perfect game, talked to several WC fans before the game and after the game and all were class acts.If any posters on here had seniors on the team all I can say is as a parent I feel your pain. The loss was not hard to accept but watching my son play his last game as a high school football player cut to the bone.Congrats you earned it!!

Thanks and everybody I talked to before the game were all about football and at no time was there any trash talking going on. Like we said earlier in the week this group of seniors have been on the winning end all their lives when in the leading role. They won 2 state championships in dixie baseball and numerous youth football championships and was runner up to a team in the little league world series in Auburn, AL that they had beat the night before so it was great to see them go out champions. It was the icing on the cake to what had been an already great run in sports.

Just wanted to give a Big Shout out to WCHS. I was able to watch this game and was impressed by How the players played and handled themselves during the entire game. Showed nothing but class. Also how great it was to watch a Father and Son have such a great moment to share in their lifes. To have the Brother there also to enjoy the success of a program he set in motion for this moment. Maybe WCHS won't return next year or not, what a special moment for the program, players and the entire Community. For the seniors enjoy, this is your once in a lifetime memory. Maybe more will come for the younger group coming up but this is something for all of the seniors now. Great job by the coaching staff....showed nothing but class. Good luck in the future. But for now and always........WAYNE COUNTY STATE CHAMPIONS 2011.

I posted on the game thread but I'm sure it was passed over...

RESPECT EARNED...great job by that QB and the rest of those players. A great job against my PIRATES. I thought the no-call in the endzone was horrible but as I told all our folks, and most agreed I doubt we stop the MVP because we hadn't all day. WC is without question one of the best coached and disciplined teams I've seen.

Congrats on winning the $1000 text msg deal also.

Again, great job and congrats on your 1st 1A State Championship.

Congrats to WC on playing a fine championship game. You are the 1a state champions for 20011 and savor the victory bc you never know when you'll be back. You outplayed,outcoached,outfanned, and if there's anything left out did us on that to. We looked like the team that had never been to a state championship before and we were the ones that looked awe struck. I didn't think it would happen to our Pirate's again but it did and it's a hard pill to swallow. Again WC you are the best and it was great to get to talk with you all this past week.

Bottom line is that South Pitt and all those athletes just got out played, out coached and Wayne County was the much better team. It doesn't matter who was better between South Pitt and Huntingdon because in the end neither were on Wayne County's level. I am the Watch Dog and I watched Wayne County show they were the best Class 1A team in the entire state.

No doubt...WC is the best no matter how you slice it.

Bottom line is that South Pitt and all those athletes just got out played, out coached and Wayne County was the much better team. It doesn't matter who was better between South Pitt and Huntingdon because in the end neither were on Wayne County's level. I am the Watch Dog and I watched Wayne County show they were the best Class 1A team in the entire state.

I don't disagree with the fact Wayne County is the best 1A team in the state.. Just kind of wondering where Huntingdon stood against South Pitt