Mckenzie (Oh MY God) 2012...

VOLnWTN

Don't know how much you guys follow middle school but should be a good game tonight between Dresden and the Rebels at Reb house. Butchie you going? Duck?

Man, I'd love to be there and meet up with you again but work has me hog tied (thought I'd make you feel a little at home with the hog reference!! LOL) and I'll be crashing early tonight. Give us a report on the middle school game though when it's over. Prolly be tomorrow before I read it though.

Hey butchie....good luck to you guys this season. I hate you have to moderate so much between us and Dresden. I saw as well where that post got yanked. Speaking from everybody that has ever talked with me about y'all's program...we do respect you guys and we always enjoy playing y'all. You guys have great coaches and young men that play the game the way it should be. I'll be back next week for my dose of "hoser--don"....hopefully we will see some of you guys Thursday night, it is shaping up to be a "slobber knocker" for sure. I can say that our team is fairly "p"d and we'll see how that goes...kind of out of character for this squad, but a lot of rumbling over here.

Nothing wrong at all with a team getting fired up to play an opponent so long as that fire doesn't get big enough t beat them instead of give them a boost. I've seen it go both ways. Hope ya'll have a classic!popcorneater.gifhungry.gif

Well Duck...I Am Going To The Westview Dresden Affair...I Understand Your Absence...With This Job Market As It Is...A Man Needs To Hold Onto Something...I'll Try An Fill Ya In...Hoser!

Wish I could go Butchie. It will be a game worth seeing for a fact. LOL, I been called a lot worse things than a Hoser....been known to be one when times are going really good for the Rebs!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

Well Maybe We Won't Get Hosed This Season...

Obviously we like it that way much better. Reckon the coaches/team have q few details still to work out I'm told but hoping they get it done. As you know there are a lot of teams with a bullseye drawn on the Rebels so.......................

Huntingdon, Bruceton and West Carroll are hungry and Dresden is always after us. As is Gleason. The non region matchups are tough too. Right now it's all about work, desire, effort, coaching and pride. For quite a few season's now it's been a string of super athletes for the Rebs...............now it's time for the kids we have today to step up and carry on the traditon. There are always two options on Friday night..............Panic or Pound. These Rebels have the fundamentals so get out there and do some pounding this season.

Obviously we like it that way much better. Reckon the coaches/team have q few details still to work out I'm told but hoping they get it done. As you know there are a lot of teams with a bullseye drawn on the Rebels so.......................

Huntingdon, Bruceton and West Carroll are hungry and Dresden is always after us. As is Gleason. The non region matchups are tough too. Right now it's all about work, desire, effort, coaching and pride. For quite a few season's now it's been a string of super athletes for the Rebs...............now it's time for the kids we have today to step up and carry on the traditon. There are always two options on Friday night..............Panic or Pound. These Rebels have the fundamentals so get out there and do some pounding this season.

I Want The Rebels To Change The Perception That Other Teams Look Forward To Playing Us....I'd Much Rather Have Them Know They Gonna Be Hurting After Playing Us...And For Awhile!

With all that said, it starts with the line as Butchie has already mentioned. Most folks don't realize how tough it is to play there and do it right. That's where I lived on Friday nights. First it's physical as much as one can imagine. It's also a blur of color, sounds and hitting. Only special people can survive there. It even has it's own special smell and I don't necessarily mean a bad smell but any one who's played in the line knows what I'm talking about. You don't hear the band, you rarely even hear the crowd.......just the sounds on the field. Every play is different and a lineman has a different job on each of them.

Relating all that to this season, linemen, learn your job...do it and be proud. The guys that are running behind you will notice it and will thank you years later. The guys that ran the ball behind me in the early '60's still hang with me at ya'lls games and I still get a thank you or two or three along. as well as some kidding. Do it right and it will all work out in the end..

I Want The Rebels To Change The Perception That Other Teams Look Forward To Playing Us....I'd Much Rather Have Them Know They Gonna Be Hurting After Playing Us...And For Awhile!

Dang dude, it's known as the vicious cycle!!! It all hinges on which side of vidious we are! And forever is a good "while" to shoot for! LOL

It takes some serious effort to put together that Maryville, South Pitt, etc. kind of "long while".

Edited by duckman38201