AA Predictions For Murfreesboro

bballer1

It will be hard for any team from (reg.7)to come to Manassas and win a sectional game against this team...

I agree 100% and have been saying that since the first time I watched Manassas play. They have size and athleticism that no other AA team has. I'm not saying they are a lock for a state championship, but they are pretty stinkin good!

I could see Covington and Obion being a threat in the post season. No Disrespect to Covington or Obion but they will need to win there Regional or there going to have a LARGE task ahead of them. I seen Manassas and there one of they best MEMPHIS AA teams in some time im not promising anything but it's going to be nice to see this play OUT...

The only team from rural West TN that I see that could go down to Memphis and possibly beat Manassas would be Obion. Obion would have to dictate the tempo in order to be able to beat Manassas.

Covington wouldn't stand a chance with Manassas. No offense to them.

If they were to play, I think Livington Academy or Upperman could play with OC or Manassas.

Edited by catmando

If they were to play, I think Livington Academy or Upperman could play with OC or Manassas.

I'm not going to say LA or Upperman couldn't. I haven't seen those 2 play this year. If any AA team tries to win a track meet with Manassas, they'll lose by 20+. LA and Upperman are well coached so they would/will be prepared for a team like Manassas.

If there is a year that the AA state championship is wide open, this is the year. You have Manassas, Obion, Dyersburg, McNairy in the west part of the state.... Upperman, Livingston, McMinn Central, Fairview, Macon Co., Creek Wood, Waverly in the middle part of the state.... Grainger, Unicoi, Fulton over in the east... I know all of these won't make it to Murfreesboro but any of the teams that I've mentioned have just as good of a chance as the other. These upcoming tournaments should be interesting!

I'm not going to say LA or Upperman couldn't. I haven't seen those 2 play this year. If any AA team tries to win a track meet with Manassas, they'll lose by 20+. LA and Upperman are well coached so they would/will be prepared for a team like Manassas.

If there is a year that the AA state championship is wide open, this is the year. You have Manassas, Obion, Dyersburg, McNairy in the west part of the state.... Upperman, Livingston, McMinn Central, Fairview, Macon Co., Creek Wood, Waverly in the middle part of the state.... Grainger, Unicoi, Fulton over in the east... I know all of these won't make it to Murfreesboro but any of the teams that I've mentioned have just as good of a chance as the other. These upcoming tournaments should be interesting!

McMinn Central has dealt with some injury problems and lost 2 district games. This team fully loaded is a good team. I am interested to see the Upperman's and the LA's. I really think Central will host sub-state. Not making excuses for them but the 2 district games they lost were without 2 key players. Once again they are young with the 6'0 freshman starting to figure it out. They have played Bradley, who I garauntee will be one of the better teams in AAA this year, close both times. Which team do you think will come to Central if they host the sub, Upperman or LA? Both are always great!

Graniger girls have size and shooters, alot of senior kids been impressive on EAST Side of state, Fulton is hard nosed defensive team, great group of athletes

McMinn Central has dealt with some injury problems and lost 2 district games. This team fully loaded is a good team. I am interested to see the Upperman's and the LA's. I really think Central will host sub-state. Not making excuses for them but the 2 district games they lost were without 2 key players. Once again they are young with the 6'0 freshman starting to figure it out. They have played Bradley, who I garauntee will be one of the better teams in AAA this year, close both times. Which team do you think will come to Central if they host the sub, Upperman or LA? Both are always great!

I could be wrong but I still don't think this Central team fully-loaded will waltz to the final game this year. You've followed the Chargerettes longer and closer than I have, but to me at times they just don't seem to have the mental toughness that Central teams of the past have had. Coach Morgan has indicated as much even after his ladies have won big. Maybe he's using reverse psychology, or maybe he's being honest, but have you noticed that with this years team?

I still think barring a meltdown in the Regions, the Chargerettes will host substate again....and maybe they'll arise to the occasion and surprise me if they get to Murfreesboro. I haven't kept up with AA as close this season, but from what I see there's no clearcut favorite once the final 8 arrive in the 'boro.

I can guarantee anyone on this board that LA and Upperman could play with those two. They wouldn't make it a track meet, they would make them play in the half court. That's why they are so consistent year in and year out. Also, I do believe that Upperman will travel to Central, but don't think that they will just come and lay down. Will be very interesting in the Sectionals. All these teams have to get there, too. There's ALWAYS an upset. :thumb:

King, that's easy for you to say the LA would dictate the tempo, however they would have to get past the speed and athleticism of Manassas. Their whole starting lineup is 5'9+. I'm not saying Livingston wouldn't be able to dictate the tempo as that is the only way anyone in AA will beat Manassas this year. Like I said, if Manassas keeps it as a track meet, it's a wrap for the other team. I'm just throwing out a scenario that every team that plays Manassas will face this year.