Middle Tennessee Grand Championships

nununu

Akers beat Garcia pretty handily, Carlos was never really capable of getting any offense going despite his best efforts. Mosley beat Isbell and from my completely unbiased seat it looked like the ref missed a couple calls that could have sent the match the other way, but Cole will have his hands full with Parker Smith in the finals should be fun there...any other ones guys?

can you tell us the semi finals matches and results. or the finals? whatever they have finished through..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would this be a good match? Newberg should be a prohibitive favorite due to the following:

1. Defending state champion at a higher weight classification

2. Everyone knows that a state champion in D1 is much more impressive than a D2 Champion

3. It has been reported that Hooker certified at 145# but has been wrestling 160# to fill a gap and help his team. He is now going up to 170# to test his ability against Newberg.

4. Newberg will be bigger, faster & stronger

5. Has signed with Nebraska

6. Is ranked 12th in the nation at 170# and Hooker is not ranked at any weight.

While I admire Mr. Hooker for wanting a challenge this could be a big injury risk with the bigger, faster, stronger Newberg. I ask you what chance does Hooker really have to win?

what does that crow taste like? Looks like d-II showed up today. Imagine of the other good ones were there besides Father Ryan.

what does that crow taste like? Looks like d-II showed up today. Imagine of the other good ones were there besides Father Ryan.

What did I say that was not true?

1. Was Newberg the defending state champion at a higher weight classification? Yes

2. Is it not people on this very message board that call D2 the JUNIOR VARSITY DIVISION? Yes

3. Has Hooker not certified at 145#? Yes, I have been told this!

4. Should Newberg not have been bigger, faster & stronger than Hooker? Yes

5. Did Newberg sign a wrestling scholarship with Nebraska? Yes

6. Is Newberg not ranked 12th @ 170# in a major wrestling publication that does not have Hooker ranked at any weight despite him placing at the NHSCA Junior Nationals? Yes

I just stated the facts, what you do with those facts is your business!

It sounds like the United States Naval Academy and Coach Burnett did their research and signed someone that for whatever reason was flying under the radar! Let's all just pray that the only radar that Mr. Hooker is ever required to fly under is the one related to wrestling because war is ugly.