2012 Class A Miss Basketball Ballot

CoachT

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hensley from Jackson County for sure deserves consederation. On one of the best teams in the state and they are a completely different team when she is not on the floor, a true difference maker. Someone from Jackson County will have at least one as a finalist if I had to guess.

I agree 100% :mrgreen:

Flowers from Lake County.No weaknesses,quick with/without the ball,top notch defender,and unselfesh almost to a flaw.If stats and awards mattered to her(and her coach) more than winning she'd be averaging 30+ points and double digit rebounds,possibly steals too.Probably averages less than 20:00 per game,I'm guessing way less playing time than the other two girls in consideration,whomever they may be.Most importantly,Lake Co. would be a very good team without her,but not in the elite class that they've been included in since she was a freshman.I have no idea what the overall winning percentages are during her tenure at point for the Lady Falcons,but I'd bet that it's impressive even though they have during that time played the best teams within driving distance,such as Middleton,Gleason,Bradford,ect...along with district opponents who respectively make up one of the toughest(14A)in state.I have enjoyed watching many of the past Miss Basketball winners firsthand,and she's definatly in their class.

Edited by tradertwo

Flowers from Lake County.No weaknesses,quick with/without the ball,top notch defender,and unselfesh almost to a flaw.If stats and awards mattered to her(and her coach) more than winning she'd be averaging 30+ points and double digit rebounds,possibly steals too.Probably averages less than 20:00 per game,I'm guessing way less playing time than the other two girls in consideration,whomever they may be.Most importantly,Lake Co. would be a very good team without her,but not in the elite class that they've been included in since she was a freshman.I have no idea what the overall winning percentages are during her tenure at point for the Lady Falcons,but I'd bet that it's impressive even though they have during that time played the best teams within driving distance,such as Middleton,Gleason,Bradford,ect...along with district opponents who respectively make up one of the toughest(14A)in state.I have enjoyed watching many of the past Miss Basketball winners firsthand,and she's definatly in their class.

Trader you're right.I have seen many times this year that she had a layup but gave the ball up to another under the basket.Going to surpass 2,000 points in the upcoming games.The starters only played about 4 minutes of the first quarter last night.Been that way in most of the games.Coach Johnson isnt going to beat a team 90 to 20.Past several games Lake Co has been winning 20 to 0 or close and he's pulled her.Not going to risk an injury with the game so well in hand and tournaments coming up.Had she played like a lot of coaches do their players,would be close to 3,000 points by now.She has also been shooting the three ball pretty good this year.

Soph Amber Fair passed 1000 points for her very young career. Deserves some consideration she is at worst the second best player in 14A but does so much for her team

I was at the game last night and a great honor.Fair had a good game as well as the rest of the Tornadoe women,Hudson played well and also got some support from the guards finally.At worst,still think she may be the 3rd or 4 th best.Have to go with Carnation Hart for the second best.Plays hard,very fast.Was killing Union City on the boards and under neath.Too quick.Think Hudson had 2 points against Lake Co.

Leeann Baggett from Houston County. She was district MVP last season and broke the 1,000 mark early this season. She has lead her team to a top 10 ranking in the state and getting a lot of college attention.

I WILL AGREE !BY FAR THE BEST I HAVE SEEN IN CLASS A.ONE OF THE BEST BALL HANDLERS IN THE STATE.VERY SMART PLAYER.