NEW BA Coach!

DownInTennessee

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was offered job in 2006:

"At the end of the 2006 season, Brentwood Academy, a nationally known prep school in Nashville, Tennessee, contacted White about becoming their head coach. He visited the school, went through the interview process and was offered the job. “It was a great school, and it would have been very beneficial financially,†said White, “but it would have been a big change for me and my family.â€

http://www.texomaliving.com/coach-cody-white

New coach for BA, new era for BA.

He was offered job in 2006:

"At the end of the 2006 season, Brentwood Academy, a nationally known prep school in Nashville, Tennessee, contacted White about becoming their head coach. He visited the school, went through the interview process and was offered the job. “It was a great school, and it would have been very beneficial financially,†said White, “but it would have been a big change for me and my family.â€

http://www.texomaliving.com/coach-cody-white

New coach for BA, new era for BA.

Thats very interesting that they turned him down in 06, he goes and has a 58% win percentage(check my math, 34 - 24, 34/58 = 58% right?) in TX in the interim, and now he's their man. It certainly does seem to be a new era for BA. Guess they gave up on catching up to Ensworth.

Good luck to you Coach White.

This guy has no clue what he has just stepped into............He had a 58% winning percentage, went 3-7, and has not won a state championship?

Basically, he is less qualified than Potter when Potter got the job.........You have all the access in the state, and the country, and this is who you go and hire?

Thought BA could do better........

Edited by SmokeStackI

Thats very interesting that they turned him down in 06, he goes and has a 58% win percentage(check my math, 34 - 24, 34/58 = 58% right?) in TX in the interim, and now he's their man. It certainly does seem to be a new era for BA. Guess they gave up on catching up to Ensworth.

Good luck to you Coach White.

I must be missing something here. He was offered the job the way I read it. He turned it down at that time.

I must be missing something here. He was offered the job the way I read it. He turned it down at that time.

Very interesting hire. Not how I thought things would turn out.

5 seasons as head coach, 3 losing seasons--3-7 in 2011, 2-8 in 2010. I am optimistic since I'm a BA guy, but is this really the best applicant out of the 70+ that were reported to have applied? The BA community is restless after the Potter era, and hope was high about the right person to lead the program. I suspect this announcement is not firing up the BA faithful--he's an unknown, so there isn't any history to ease the anxiety over the record.

Very interesting hire. Not how I thought things would turn out.

5 seasons as head coach, 3 losing seasons--3-7 in 2011, 2-8 in 2010. I am optimistic since I'm a BA guy, but is this really the best applicant out of the 70+ that were reported to have applied? The BA community is restless after the Potter era, and hope was high about the right person to lead the program. I suspect this announcement is not firing up the BA faithful--he's an unknown, so there isn't any history to ease the anxiety over the record.

Why can I not get "J. Danforth Quayle" out of my mind here?

Why can I not get "J. Danforth Quayle" out of my mind here?

It really doesnt matter what he did before but what he is going to do. Being a head coach at a school like Denison means you know some football. I think he will be a better fit than Potter. Has an advantage of being completely new and fresh. However Flatt and company are still lurking around. ITs kind of hard to not have great success at BA really. However will BA ever be what it was years ago? Good luck sometime change is good.