Is CPA In Trouble?

howdoitknow

What Do You Think?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. If CPA played a student-athlete who was declared ineligible by the TSSAA should they have to vacate their wins over the course of the season as a result?

I have to laugh at anyone on here crying about "private schools" recruiting. There's more public school recruiting going on than private. You need to wake up. LOL

Publics "do not" recruit! they "transfer" - workin' the system baby, set up by the public school systems. AND endorsed by the TSSAA!

Edited by Redog

Publics "do not" recruit! they "transfer" - workin' the system baby, set up by the public school systems. AND endorsed by the TSSAA!

Ok Redog your out from under the porch. We all know both public and private are neither pure as snow. For the most part the high school athlete doesn't care. Warren Buffett finds ways around paying too much taxes and parents find ways to get their kids to certain schools. If I was a public school athlete I would be begging my coach to play the Ensworths and MBA's and BA's. If was I was a private school athlete I would won't to be whipping some public school as well. It's called competing. The real competitors don't care if the private school has a few "recruited players" or the public school has a few shady transfers. The split all started when some coaches said it's not fair. Life ain't fair. If the TSSAA had never done the split we would still be having the same arguments but actually getting to compete against each other more freely and we would actually know who the best team in the state is. Hold on I just thought of something, split them up and have more state champions to crown and have more gates to collect. Surely that's not what the TSSAA thought. No way. The athlete was not asked. Once again parents get in the way. Go CPA Lions.

There's an exploitation of kids that is going on regardless of how we spin it. And yeah, the parents are in it up to their necks. I feel sorry for some of them that are getting pulled in every direction under the guise of 'for the kids'. I wouldn't limit it to just private schools though, it's everywhere. Why do they have open zones? As long as a parent is willing to move, change apartments or whatever, there will be schools that will accommodate them. Parents will manipulate their Little League sign up forms because their kid can only play for Coach so and so or they have a travel issue or fill in the blank here. Rarely do parents with any means at all just let the chips fall where they may. They exploit their child's athletic ability to gain the maximum advantage, real or imagined, that they can get away with. How many of these parents would have been better off to take the money they've spent on their kids athletic endeavors and put it in the bank? Many could have payed for the college education they are trying to earn just by folding up their money and sticking it in their pocket.

On the flip side, school's that can 'attract' these kind of kids are going to exploit that by hiring coaches that will win games, increase their schools visibility and viability and do it under the rules as written and with the parents full blessing. Some of these coaches don't even teach a class. I know that Rush Probst from Two a Days fame went to a public school in Georgia for a salary of around $100k to just coach football and he's lobbying to get all of his assistant coaches teaching duties reduced or eliminated so that they can concentrate on just coaching high school football. What is wrong with this picture?

I don't think there is a fix. It's a societal issue, win at all costs, concentrate on this one sport that might get your marginally gifted or above average athlete into some college. Any college. There's no 3 sport athletes because the coaches for their sport have to have them all year or they have to be playing AAU ball to get 'noticed' or some guru has told them they have a better shot in sport A than in sport B. Face it, the best athlete on your team would be the best athlete in the other sports too given the same opportunities and choices. It's ego driven and it's wrong. Let the kids play.

:roflolk::roflolk::roflolk:

Edited by ogor

It is unfortunate there are no parents with kids going to CPA that has the intelligence to think at the high level as can this failed coach.

Some of the best coaches of all-time would be considered failed coaches in the eyes of a less than intelligent (sports mindless) individual. Jeff Fisher and Phillip Fulmer, two failed coaches, were a couple of the most successful coaches in their field when they were let go. Your arrogant sarcastic comments actually hold more truth than you realize. :roflol:

CPA heads to the 10AA district championship game Tuesday night against East Lit. CPA made it look pretty easy tonight against Maplewood. Maplewood has some very good players, but they just couldn't get shots to drop. Stratford has a nice gym for the tournaments. Couldn't tell you the final score since we left with about 5 minutes to go. CPA was up about 25 though.

No doubt, they work the system. Unfortunately, they do it illegally most of the time . They use the "loophole" , but it's still illegal. They're lying about the reasons they want to transfer and giving false addresses. What is that teaching their children? If you wanna move to put your child in a better position, then ok. But, that's not what happens 90% of the time.

And, like this past season, the Memphis city didn't get to see the best player in state this year because of "shady" advice and handlers around him and the TSSAA wanting to make an example out of him. His teammate transferred to the exact same school, yet he was "eligible". LOL

...It's called competing. The real competitors don't care if the private school has a few "recruited players" or the public school has a few shady transfers...

If this is actually a serious post, it matters to coaches and those involved who play by the rules and whose fans are not seduced by winning. The same can be said to those who say “everybody recruits,†“the privates aren’t the only ones,†or “don’t think the publics don’t recruit.†Sounds like elementary kids dealing with teacher discipline by saying “I’m not the only one.†You’d like to think people could agree that anything done outside the rules is not good for HS sports. No one likes to compete when the playing field is not level, except those creating the advantages for themselves which only demonstrates their concern for self and not others. They certainly do not care for the higher values inerrant within sport and competition, even though they still use them and will preach them to their players. Sad.