B.T.Washington Warriors

BTWSheriff

They didn't have to drop down to single A. Y'all could have stayed in AA if you wanted. Alcoa had(may still have) the enrollment to play in a lower classification in football but they chose not to. If y'all are the "powerhouse" you say y'all are then you should have stayed in AA with all your pure talent. I heard all this crap about Memphis talent leading up to the 6A state chamionship in football and what happened? All of your Memphis talent got beat by a team that didn't have near the athletes, but played discipline ball. I'd be willing to bet that the same thing is going to happen to your team in sub-state.

We aren't stupid in Memphis. The football thing doesn't relate. we know that it is a fact that east and middle tennessee schools own tennessee in football. We can't deny it. Ya'll win the most championships. On the same note, it is absurd to not respect the fact that memphis and west tennessee run the state in basketball talent and championships. History shows us year in and year out. Respect it and don't be in denial!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see BTW start back playing Ridgeway and Melrose. If you know any thing about Tennessee high school Basketball then you would see that all three of theses teams were in the same 2A league a few years ago and BTW used to beat up on em both. And all three teams were always contenders for the 2A title. So yes, I would love to see these three Memphis powers crank it back up

Ridgeway hasn't been in 2A since 2003, and they weren't in the same league as BTW. Nor was Melrose a real contender back then. Ridgeway was, Carver was, BTW was, Raleigh-Egypt was, even Trezevant at one point. Exactly what do you mean by "a few years ago"?

We aren't stupid in Memphis. The football thing doesn't relate. we know that it is a fact that east and middle tennessee schools own tennessee in football. We can't deny it. Ya'll win the most championships. On the same note, it is absurd to not respect the fact that memphis and west tennessee run the state in basketball talent and championships. History shows us year in and year out. Respect it and don't be in denial!

We know your not stupid in Memphis, but I went back and looked at the state champions since 2000. Theres been a possible 33 state champs. near as I Tell, Memphis schools have won a grand total of 14 state titles and if u take away Liberty which is actually in Jackson, memphis has won 11. Roughly 1/3 of the possible 33. Granted you have talent out there, but its hardly domination. So history does not show yaer in and yaer out as the state champs. And this number would be quite a bit less if u didnt have the prep school White Station winning all those title when recruiting was overlooked by the TSSAA. So I dont think any of us are in any sort of denial. I think you have an inflated oppinion of Memphis Bball.

Ridgeway hasn't been in 2A since 2003, and they weren't in the same league as BTW. Nor was Melrose a real contender back then. Ridgeway was, Carver was, BTW was, Raleigh-Egypt was, even Trezevant at one point. Exactly what do you mean by "a few years ago"?

I think you should have added Kingsbury and Treadwell as well. I said they were all in the same 2A league. They all had to play each other in order to get out of Memphis. Point is, nothing has changed from BTW winning then and them still winning now. They have the same coach, same players, same program. So what they're not legit anymore because their classification dropped and the teams most of the teams in the league can't compete?

We know your not stupid in Memphis, but I went back and looked at the state champions since 2000. Theres been a possible 33 state champs. near as I Tell, Memphis schools have won a grand total of 14 state titles and if u take away Liberty which is actually in Jackson, memphis has won 11. Roughly 1/3 of the possible 33. Granted you have talent out there, but its hardly domination. So history does not show yaer in and yaer out as the state champs. And this number would be quite a bit less if u didnt have the prep school White Station winning all those title when recruiting was overlooked by the TSSAA. So I dont think any of us are in any sort of denial. I think you have an inflated oppinion of Memphis Bball.

Hard to argue with FACTS! :thumb: