Grundy County @ McMinn Central (Substate)

blitzinbuc

hey bigdaddy, good luck to LA tonight and Mcminn Central-Grundy game will be good one, and I'm going against the odds in this one as good as Central is Grundy has the two post that will give them problems and they are hungary jut a hunch but GC by 3.

Edited by senator

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey bigdaddy, good luck to LA tonight and Mcminn Central-Grundy game will be good one, and I'm going against the odds in this one as good as Central is Grundy has the two post that will give them problems and they are hungary jut a hunch but GC by 3.

I wouldn't expect any Grundy County fan to think their team couldn't win this game - because they can. I think Central is favored because they're playing at home, and if the game was at Coalmont the Lady Jackets would be favored. Whoever wins will be amongst 8 very good AA teams in Mufreesboro.

Hoping all have a safe trip!

Thanks senator..good luck to you guys too!

Grundy is good and very capable of winning. Central is a great venue for girls basketball and one of the best homecourt advantages in the state. Good luck to both.

buc...senator is a Jackson County fan. I agree with you, that whoever wins will be among the 8 best in the state.

Didn't get to go, but heard officiating was bad....

Officials let them play that is for sure. The tone of the game was set early. To the officials credit, the calls were consistent from start to finish. My take on the game is that Grundy's inexperience on this level was very evident during the first 6 minutes of the game. Once they got in flow, they competed pretty evenly. Thought Grundy's post players were not as effective as they would have hoped for. The Massengil girl is the real deal for Central.......Letting Central having open looks from the 3 point line is a dangerous tactic.

Hats off to the Lady Jackets. They play with alot of energy and passion. Congrats to Central for matching the physical play of Grundy. Central will need to be hitting on all cylinders at the Boro.

Missed free throws killed Grundy. We were 14 or 16 of 29. Not to mention how many of those misses were the front end of a 1 & 1. If I had to judge I'd say Livingston is better th than Central. Central isn't better than Grundy but they were better on this night.

I would have to agree, FT's tonight. Region 4AA competition alot better. LA better of the two.

So was it the officials this time, too? Also, I'm wide awake! :thumb:

YOU must have a lonely life then. What got us tonight was FT's competition in 4AA region better than MC area. If you miss 15 FT's it's hard to win.GC girls have nothing to be ashamed of. How many other teams have to play the #2,#1 and defending State Champs in a week. ZERO

How many other teams have to play the #2,#1 and defending State Champs in a week. ZERO

Good point! Congrats to Grundy County on an excellent season. Be proud of your ladies.

As to the point of Livingston and 4AA being better this year than Central...we'll take it! We'll take it because it's not said that often!

Hope to see Central in another 3 or 4 games.

Good point! Congrats to Grundy County on an excellent season. Be proud of your ladies.

As to the point of Livingston and 4AA being better this year than Central...we'll take it! We'll take it because it's not said that often!

Hope to see Central in another 3 or 4 games.

Us saying doesn't prove it. You still need to go prove it. Good luck down the road to both teams.

I still think Grundy is beyond capable of beating both those teams but we just didn't prove it. What's going to make it worse and maybe better?... is if LA or MC wins the whole dance. If that happens our girls will know they had it all in the palm of their hands. This is one of the best Lady Jacket teams we've ever had. Got a lot of work to do going forward since we lose 7 seniors. Don't think I've ever seen Grundy lose this much talent to graduation and I've been watching a long time...like even before Ricky Richards coached. Julie, Ricky and Russell have their work cut out for them for next year.

DL.

It's funny how when a team looses, they immediately say they were better than the winning team. Not always the case guys! A couple of the Chargerettes didn't even have a real good night last night. It's all a matter of opinion as to who was the "best" team. :popcorneater:

Congrats to the Lady Jackets for their successful season. You girls should be proud of your accomplishment this year. And I will say it was nice to see all the fans who came out to support their team. We have played some schools who didn't have any more than 20 or so fans who came to watch them. :D

Edited by 5chargerfans