Class A Best 8 Headed To The Boro'

Tornadopride

Did I? Did I?? DID I HEAR SOMEBODY CALL CLOUDLAND THE WEAKEST TEAM IN THIS GROUP OF ELITE TEAMS???? I know I get accused of succombing to some mountain shine every now and then but anybody who has kept up with girls basketball the last couple years know that district 1 is anything but weak. People, im talking about rhodes....im talking about clarke... Im talking wilson, miller, hughes!! When you get on the floor with these girls, your standing in some tall cotton my friends.

Now KING, you know us N.E. TN teams cant compete, whats wrong with you?

The Hampton boys team was a "joke" in last year's tourney and S-Town would kill em because of our weak district...but wait, Hampton won that game....Then, in the final four, LC (a very good, well coached team...that won the gold ball) would destroy the "puppydogs"...and beat us by 7.

We, upper N.E. TN teams, haven't had the talent pool year after year after year to compete at that level, but Id rather enter the boro as the underdog, not the team gonna "own" the underdog! The 'Landers will do well! :thumb:

Now KING, you know us N.E. TN teams cant compete, whats wrong with you?

The Hampton boys team was a "joke" in last year's tourney and S-Town would kill em because of our weak district...but wait, Hampton won that game....Then, in the final four, LC (a very good, well coached team...that won the gold ball) would destroy the "puppydogs"...and beat us by 7.

We, upper N.E. TN teams, haven't had the talent pool year after year after year to compete at that level, but Id rather enter the boro as the underdog, not the team gonna "own" the underdog! The 'Landers will do well! :thumb:

I heard Cloudland had a big girl move in from NC in the middle of the season. How good is she and where did she come from?

I wouldn't be patting myself on the back just yet. Remember Clay County plays in the toughest Class A district in the state with 8 time State Champion Clarkrange and 7 time State Champion Jackson County so there are very few easy games in this district unlike Cloudlands. 4 of their loss are to Jackson County and 1 to Clarkrange so their record is very deceiving. I'm picking Clay to win by 12! :thumb:

I wasn't patting anyone on the back and I didn't say Clay was a bad team. I'm well aware of the history of your district. However, there are quality teams in D1 also. Every team left is a quality team. Based on the results so far this year, wouldn't you agree Clay is a better draw than say Jackson Co.?

In my opinion Cloudland is the weakest team in the tournament, so if anyteam got lucky I would say it was Clay because they get to stay away from Lake County and Summertown in the first round.

I understand the rationale of wanting to avoid LC or Summertown, but I'm not sure why you feel Cloudland is the weakest team and Clay is so much better. I guess we'll know when they play the game.

One of our losses was to Science Hill who will probably win the 3A title. There ain't nobody in 1A that could beat them. Another loss was to Morristown West, whom we took to the last minute but shooting woes cost us. The other was to Virginia power Wise Central and the last to Unicoi who could have easily went to state in AA. We've had a pretty tough schedule this year so I say we are prepared for Clay County.

look for Union City in the semifinals-- and will have to deal with an always tough Jackson Co. squad.. UC could be the sleeper in the tourney under the direction of Coach Suiter who is taking his 2nd different team to the state tournament. (Coach Suiter took the Lady Rebels of Obion Co. to the state in his first year in Troy back in 2005) .. Keep an eye out for Amber Fair--

she's the real deal and only a Sophomore.

:mellow:

look for Union City in the semifinals-- and will have to deal with an always tough Jackson Co. squad.. UC could be the sleeper in the tourney under the direction of Coach Suiter who is taking his 2nd different team to the state tournament. (Coach Suiter took the Lady Rebels of Obion Co. to the state in his first year in Troy back in 2005) .. Keep an eye out for Amber Fair--

Has Fair kid gotten any offers? I heard that Union city recruited teh freshman girl away from Obion? A friend of mine teaches out that way and Union city had to Forfeit games and this girl can't play right now bc she didnt change her address and ruled ineligible?

Wow you are already dismissing Wartburg Central huh? UC beats Lake County and now all of a sudden you've penciled yourself into the semi's. Interesting.... As for sophomore players, if you want to see one of the best in the state regardless of classification watch Jackson County's Jaycee Coe. She is the real deal as well!

Edited by devilfanatic