Class A Best 8 Headed To The Boro'

Tornadopride

Amber Fair had 37 tonight. She is as good or better than T T anyday and only a sophomore. I've seen them play all three games. Amber Fair lit it up against Lake county in the regional finals. I see a possible rematch in the Championship game with Lake Co vs. Union City. Remember...Union City is Sophomore loaded with one Junior that starts and one Senior that does play.

DUDE YOU ARE SMOKING SOMETHING. TETE has owned Amber. She has had ONE good game against LC. She is a good player and will have alot of points in her career but she is not as good as TeTe. IF TeTe wanted the points she would get them, but is the most unselfish point guard in the state. Don't kid yourself everyone in Lake County would love another shot at the Tornadoes to prove once and for all who is the better team.

Looks like these are the 8 girls teams fighting for a Gold Basketball in Class A.

Region 1 - Cloudland 31-4

Region 2 - Wartburg 22-4

Region 3 - Clay County 23-9

Region 4 - Jackson County 27-6

Region 5 - Summertown 29-3

Region 6 - Loretto 18-15

Region 7 - Union City 25-10 ( 6 of the 10 losses by forfeited early in season )

Region 8 - Lake County 30-3

No doubt, Union City and Lake County will provide a hand full for anyone else at the Boro next week. Right now, Union City is only getting better and better as each game is played...LOADED with very young talent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Im correct Clay County / Jackson County play in same the District

............. Summertown / Loretto play in in the same region

......... ... Lake County / Union City play in the same ditrict.

thats 3 sets of district foes who can not be set up to play in 1st round games..should be an extra incentative to win 2 games in order to play your distict foe for the Championship..

Amber Fair had 37 tonight. She is as good or better than T T anyday and only a sophomore. I've seen them play all three games. Amber Fair lit it up against Lake county in the regional finals. I see a possible rematch in the Championship game with Lake Co vs. Union City. Remember...Union City is Sophomore loaded with one Junior that starts and one Senior that does play.

The more I read your posts the crazier it sounds. You've seen them play three games then you missed one. Maybe it was one of the blowouts. Here is the recap UCGRAD...LC came to UC in January and blew them out on their home court. At the end of Jan/Feb UC came to LC and got pummeled into submission (38 points I believe). In the District tourney TeTe stayed in foul trouble on TWO bogus calls which allowed UC to keep it close but never really threatened to win. In game four the region final Amber Fair was unconcious and hit for about 30 pts. TeTe had 17 but our girls shot 6 of 33 from the field. Those stats suggest blowout...BUT IT WASN"T! TeTe shot for the tie as time expired...UC ESCAPED with a win and now somehow UC fans believe A)They are the better team and B)Amber is better than TeTe......PHEW! Ya'll beat Adamsville at home tonight and we went on the road and beat the best team in their region. Nothing suggests UC is the better team in fact just the opposite. And before you go ahead and give UC the district championship the next two years, LC loses alot but will bring back alot of talent and will add a post player from a Middle School team that played in the Sectionals this year. I remember a Middle School championship Amber's 8th grade year that LC won in OT. LC has some good fresh/soph as well they just haven't played because of the four seniors.

My my how we all forget about region 1. Didn't Region 1 almost bring home the gold ball last year? Well, the Cloudland team we are sending to murfreesboro is better than the NG team who almost won it all last year. Go ahead and overlook the Landers. We're not going to discuss who is the miss basketball of Tennessee. We just want that gold ball baby! Whooooooooo!! :o

Count me a little bit surprised,I'd have figured Madison to keep it closer.Congrats to Lake Co.,now go take care of buisness.I almost hope they draw Jackson Co. first round,as I believe they match up well against them and would give them the confidence they need to win it all should they beat JC.If LC. doesn't get caught thinking too much I dont think anyone wouldn't wither against their pressure,by the time a team knows what hit them it's usually over for all practical purposes.

Becareful what you wish for my friend :thumb:

If Im correct Clay County / Jackson County play in same the District

............. Summertown / Loretto play in in the same region

......... ... Lake County / Union City play in the same ditrict.

thats 3 sets of district foes who can not be set up to play in 1st round games..should be an extra incentative to win 2 games in order to play your distict foe for the Championship..

Summertown and Loretto are in the same district, District 12A. Not to mention, they are also in the same county.....Summertown in north Lawrence Co, and Loretto in south Lawrence co. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them meet for the, what is it, fifth time, this season, at state? That'd be completely awesome....go EAGLES!!!!!!

UC grad I like your exuberance....however, you are getting a little carried away. As a UC fan I am excited for the current team and especially for what the future holds for these girls. Fair has not begun to accomplish anywhere near what TT has but may by the time she's finished...She probably has more upside after high school than does TT...better shooter/more size...TT plays with more intensity and has relentless desire on the court..also is super quick and an outstanding athlete...I think LC brings home the Gold Ball if they play well...depending on the draw UC may make some noise in the Boro...just don't know if they can sustain their current level of play. Hats off to both LC and UC and Good Luck to both!!!

Becareful what you wish for my friend :thumb:

No slight intended toward JC,just the opposite.To win it all you've got to beat them all,and I think that Lake Co. matches up well enough against the Devils to have a good chance.If(and I did say if)they were to win,that would give them the confidence to play well against the teams they don't match up as well against.I'm not from L.C., just feel for the team as they've been one of the best in the state for four years now,and for the heart of the team this will be their last run.If you compile records as impressive as Jackson County,you're going to have folks root for the "underdog" against you for no other reason,but that's not my reason,just think L.C. is deserving and capable.

My my how we all forget about region 1. Didn't Region 1 almost bring home the gold ball last year? Well, the Cloudland team we are sending to murfreesboro is better than the NG team who almost won it all last year. Go ahead and overlook the Landers. We're not going to discuss who is the miss basketball of Tennessee. We just want that gold ball baby! Whooooooooo!! :o

I have to admit to being a closet Cloudland fan!How can a West Tennesseean resist,just the name and image invoked makes me want to visit(I love the mountains).I also respect the tradition of the 'Landers,the first that I was aware of them Bill Haney had the radio feed of the tournament too many years ago to try and guess,and for some reason I was pulling for them to win it all.Good luck Cloudland,I'll be rootin' for ya!!!

I have to admit to being a closet Cloudland fan!How can a West Tennesseean resist,just the name and image invoked makes me want to visit(I love the mountains).I also respect the tradition of the 'Landers,the first that I was aware of them Bill Haney had the radio feed of the tournament too many years ago to try and guess,and for some reason I was pulling for them to win it all.Good luck Cloudland,I'll be rootin' for ya!!!

Thanks tradertwo, we really are in the clouds up here. It almost feels like you are in Scotland to an extend. I have an aunt and cousin who live in Memphis and everynow and then they visit when they feel the need to slow down a little. :) I'm excited to see how we match up with some of these great players being mentioned on here. I'd like to get to see this TT Flowers in action. Thats some pretty impressive stats on her. We have a 6'2" warrior of our own up here. She loves being fed the ball on the move in the paint where she can get up a few inches below the rim and lay it in. We've been fun to watch this year. :D

UC grad I like your exuberance....however, you are getting a little carried away. As a UC fan I am excited for the current team and especially for what the future holds for these girls. Fair has not begun to accomplish anywhere near what TT has but may by the time she's finished...She probably has more upside after high school than does TT...better shooter/more size...TT plays with more intensity and has relentless desire on the court..also is super quick and an outstanding athlete...I think LC brings home the Gold Ball if they play well...depending on the draw UC may make some noise in the Boro...just don't know if they can sustain their current level of play. Hats off to both LC and UC and Good Luck to both!!!

Fuzz I agree with your post. In no way am I trying to slight Amber Fair. She is a GREAT player. She may very well eclipse TeTe's stats at some point....but not til her senior year. UC has alot of good games to look forward to if this team stays together and injury free. I have said UC will be in the state tourney for the last month or so and they deserve to be there...but to say Amber is already better than TeTe Flowers is kinda hard to swallow for alot of people. Again that is nothing against Amber but TeTe has earned the respect due her. Good luck UC we will be pulling for you in the Boro unless we play you!

No slight intended toward JC,just the opposite.To win it all you've got to beat them all,and I think that Lake Co. matches up well enough against the Devils to have a good chance.If(and I did say if)they were to win,that would give them the confidence to play well against the teams they don't match up as well against.I'm not from L.C., just feel for the team as they've been one of the best in the state for four years now,and for the heart of the team this will be their last run.If you compile records as impressive as Jackson County,you're going to have folks root for the "underdog" against you for no other reason,but that's not my reason,just think L.C. is deserving and capable.

I watched LC last year and even though they got beat I could tell they were a very good team, just had a bad day kind of like JC. I agree that LC is very capable but JC is also very capable of beating LC as well. It won't be one of those games that you just line up and say ok as long we show up we will win. It will be a battle of players, styles and coaching so i guess we'll find out here shortly! :thumb: