Class A Best 8 Headed To The Boro'

Tornadopride

Clay County is going to have their hands full stopping Rhodes and Wilson in the paint,However I could see Clay County giving Cloudland trouble with their aggressive style of play on defense and ability to attack the goal off the dribble. Both these teams are very battle tested schedule wise, and If I am not mistaked Clay County about beat Jackson County at Jackson so that shows you Clay County nor anybody is an easy draw.

I am just going to go out on a limb though and say Cloudland by 2,I think their inside game is just too much for Clay County to deal with for 4 quarters,and with their size alone in the paint they will take away alot of 2nd chance opportunities for Clay County. I will make some predictions for the 1st round to get this train a rolling.

Union City-67

Wartburg-35

Upset alert

Summertown-48

Lake County-45

Jackson County-65

Loretto-37

Cloudland-49

Clay County-47

Clay County is going to have their hands full stopping Rhodes and Wilson in the paint,However I could see Clay County giving Cloudland trouble with their aggressive style of play on defense and ability to attack the goal off the dribble. Both these teams are very battle tested schedule wise, and If I am not mistaked Clay County about beat Jackson County at Jackson so that shows you Clay County nor anybody is an easy draw.

I am just going to go out on a limb though and say Cloudland by 2,I think their inside game is just too much for Clay County to deal with for 4 quarters,and with their size alone in the paint they will take away alot of 2nd chance opportunities for Clay County. I will make some predictions for the 1st round to get this train a rolling.

Union City-67

Wartburg-35

So Summertown plays a half court game or Slow Ball?

Upset alert

Summertown-48

Lake County-45

Jackson County-65

Loretto-37

Cloudland-49

Clay County-47

So Summertown plays a half court game or Slow Ball?

Edited by mrbigster

You are thinking of Jackson County they are the ones that used to be in AA and yes we won 4 AA State Championships in a row from 2000,2001,2002, and 2003. Clay County has 2 silver balls i want to say maybe 3 and they are very well coached and they have a good group of players to go along with it. This will be a very good game to watch. I've heard the big girl from Cloudland is good, but can your guards match up with Roach? Cooper isn't big but she is always in the right place in the post and can score. If she can score against Hensley from Jackson County who is 6'4 then she can score on just about anyone! Come on Thursday!!!

Our point guard is pretty quick and our best shooter, but we have 2 other guards who defend really well and are our quickest players. Clay better have more than one guard who can play. Tellico found out it couldn't win with just a guard and a post player. You have to be a complete team to play with the Highlanders. Our big girl is complimented by a 5'11" forward who has produced a few 20+ points in games. How tall is Cooper?

Our point guard is pretty quick and our best shooter, but we have 2 other guards who defend really well and are our quickest players. Clay better have more than one guard who can play. Tellico found out it couldn't win with just a guard and a post player. You have to be a complete team to play with the Highlanders. Our big girl is complimented by a 5'11" forward who has produced a few 20+ points in games. How tall is Cooper?

The Lady Landers are pretty darn good! King, B&G, and I played them 3 on 5 (with 89 grad and 91 subbing) and barely won..... :flower::roflol:

They would not have made it out of their region if they didn't :thumb:

Looks like these are the 8 girls teams fighting for a Gold Basketball in Class A.

Region 1 - Cloudland 31-4

Region 2 - Wartburg 22-4

Region 3 - Clay County 23-9

Region 4 - Jackson County 27-6

Region 5 - Summertown 29-3

Region 6 - Loretto 18-15

Region 7 - Union City 25-10 ( 6 of the 10 losses by forfeited early in season )

Region 8 - Lake County 30-3

No doubt, Union City and Lake County will provide a hand full for anyone else at the Boro next week. Right now, Union City is only getting better and better as each game is played...LOADED with very young talent.

What about the other 6 teams.

Clay County is actually from Region 4. They beat Whitwell on the road by 21 in the sub state game.

Has Fair kid gotten any offers? I heard that Union city recruited teh freshman girl away from Obion? A friend of mine teaches out that way and Union city had to Forfeit games and this girl can't play right now bc she didnt change her address and ruled ineligible?

Your facts are wrong in some ways. yes...the girls address was a mess and she will play next year. U C had to give back 6 wins and turn to the "L" column. Union City is accually 27 and 4. She was not recruited. It was a family move. She accually came fro Westview and before then Obion i think is right or the other way around. She is with the team but can't play....a big girl also. The "fair kid" is only a sophomore.....

Edited by UCGRAD