McMinn Central vs. Obion

centralmaniac4

Wow. Talk about a matchup right off the bat. I was hoping to see this one later in the tournament. My prediction is Obion. The reason I am picking Obion is this same bunch beat us (Gibson County) in 2010 and gave us our only

loss in two years. They have lost very little from that team. They are loaded. I don't think McMinn Central is as talented this year as they were last. Can't be after losing Jenna. She ate our lunch in 2010. Know they have lost more this year than they have in probably three years combined. But, it wouldn't suprise me either to see McMinn Central win and here's why. Coaching and Boro experience will be on their side. The center for Obion is going to have to contend with Masengill all day and could get in foul trouble. Morgan always puts a lot of pressure on and always plays great defense. I do imagine Maci Wright will have to earn her points. It looks like McMinn Central has really gotten better since the year has gone on. It's going to be a war either way. Good luck to both schools. I will definitely be there for this one.

Central has some freshmen starting who weren't there last year, so hopefully they'll adjust to playing on the big stage. Besides Jenna graduating from last season's team there are also two guards gone from last season's state champion team.

Several fans and players from past state champion teams returning to defend their crown tell me it's extremely hard to repeat since you're put squarely on a pedestal that every team wants to knock off.

Obion may be the team this year, but looking at the other AA teams I don't really see a weak one.

Edited by blitzinbuc

Central has some freshmen starting who weren't there last year, so hopefully they'll adjust to playing on the big stage. Besides Jenna graduating from last season's team there are also two guards gone from last season's state champion team.

Several fans and players from past state champion teams returning to defend their crown tell me it's extremely hard to repeat since you're put squarely on a pedestal that every team wants to know off.

Obion may be the team this year, but looking at the other AA teams I don't really see a weak one.

Massengil is going to have her hands full with Goodman... If Wright and Goodman can stay out of foul trouble I say OC by 15+....If one of these two have to sit for a significant amount of time itll be a close one.

Massengil is going to have her hands full with Goodman... If Wright and Goodman can stay out of foul trouble I say OC by 15+....If one of these two have to sit for a significant amount of time itll be a close one.

Don't forget Goodman is going to have her hands full as well. I did pick Obion, just because I think they have lost less and have lots of talent. But, Adams and Masengill both got in big time foul trouble against a good Cannon County team last year and still won. I think if Massengill gets in foul trouble this year they will be in trouble. If she don't and Goodman does it's game on. I think Macy Wright is going to get guarded like never before and if McMinn can get a few threes from whoever and get Goodman in foul trouble they have a good shot. Obion beat us by 4 at Gibson County early in the year before Amber Reah got hurt and we were up by 9 at halftime. We pressed pretty much the whole first half. That's how we got the lead. Obion adjusted at half and played much better the second half and won. But, whoever gets in foul trouble early will be at a disadvantage. I feel whoever wins this game will play in the finals.

Masengil is the real deal-- definately a D-1 Prospect and the reason McMinn took the gold ball last year.. Well deserving of a Miss Basketball Finalist. OCCHS has two prime performers in Senior Guard Macy Wright who is avg.close to 15 p/g and Junior Post Brandi Goodman whi is avg. 18 points, 15 rebounds and around 5 blocks per game.. Both players have up the averages in post season as each is avg. 19 points per contest since the tourneys began. :unsure:

I'm curious as to know from the McMinn folks- who to look for past Elizabeth, who else starts and will get a lot of playing time and who will be looked upon to score if Masengil gets doubled up..

McMinn had been on this stage before and will be used to the surroundings while OCCHS will be making their first trip to the Boro since 2005. It will be a huge key on both sides to see how the roles players will perform and it could come down to who can take care of the ball and keep the fouls down. :ugeek:

Looking forward to an excellent Round One Matchup--

Masengil is the real deal-- definately a D-1 Prospect and the reason McMinn took the gold ball last year.. Well deserving of a Miss Basketball Finalist. OCCHS has two prime performers in Senior Guard Macy Wright who is avg.close to 15 p/g and Junior Post Brandi Goodman whi is avg. 18 points, 15 rebounds and around 5 blocks per game.. Both players have up the averages in post season as each is avg. 19 points per contest since the tourneys began. :unsure:

I'm curious as to know from the McMinn folks- who to look for past Elizabeth, who else starts and will get a lot of playing time and who will be looked upon to score if Masengil gets doubled up..

McMinn had been on this stage before and will be used to the surroundings while OCCHS will be making their first trip to the Boro since 2005. It will be a huge key on both sides to see how the roles players will perform and it could come down to who can take care of the ball and keep the fouls down. :ugeek:

Looking forward to an excellent Round One Matchup--

Yeah their post( big 6'2'' kid) has been offered by K-state I know of from a reliable source in coaching. Obion has a solid team, good pressure defense and fundamental basketball, should be exciting, I will take Obion by 6

I think OCCHS will keep it going throughout the game...fast pase playing is what they like to do. Brandi Goodman will score big and Macy Wright will steal you blind of balls. Brooke Jennings is the sneak player that will shoot a 3pt anytime. Shannon Wiggins will fight you for the ball at anytime. Ali McEwen plays with everything she has. This team has been through alot in the last month with sickness and a parent passing away. These girls will bring the Big Gold Ball home.

Edited by Rebelparent

I think OCCHS will keep it going throughout the game...fast pase playing is what they like to do. Brandi Goodman will score big and Macy Wright will steal you blind of balls. Brooke Jennings is the sneak player that will shoot a 3pt anytime. Shannon Wiggins will fight you for the ball at anytime. Ali McEwen plays with everything she has. This team has been through alot in the last month with sickness and a parent passing away. These girls will bring the Big Gold Ball home.

I don't have a clue how we can tell. There are no common opponents, I will just say from past experience all these teams will be pretty close. I don't see a blowout either way. Teams with fewer mistakes. Games will be called tight, so look for foul trouble to be a problem for both teams.