Thoughts on the FINAL 8

wardawg2038

Now we are down to the final 8 Cloudland, Wartburg, Friendship Christian, Grace Baptist, Perry Co., McEwen, Lake Co. and Booker T. Washington. How do you think these teams stack up? Who is/are the favorite(s), the sleeper(s)? Players to watch? Match-ups you want to see most?? Let's get a little chatter going.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we are down to the final 8 Cloudland, Wartburg, Friendship Christian, Grace Baptist, Perry Co., McEwen, Lake Co. and Booker T. Washington. How do you think these teams stack up? Who is/are the favorite(s), the sleeper(s)? Players to watch? Match-ups you want to see most?? Let's get a little chatter going.

3 Favorites are Lake County, Perry County, and BTW. Wartburg may be the sleeper. Players to watch would be the 3 Mr. Basketball Finalists Rapheal Tyler, Martavious Newby,and Alex Fountain along with Jacob Tucker and Garret Mullinicks. I would love for PC to play McEwen, BTW, and Lake County but in No particular order because I know we are capable of beating all 3.

I really don't see a "Team-to-beat" this year. It is a wide open tournament. FC is well known in baseball but they have been mowing people down playing with the big ball. McEwen is certainly for real. The media darlings are PC, LC and BTW but who knows where they are going to be placed? Odds are 2 of those 3 could be a first round matchup. LC and PC have the most experience at the big dance in the "boro. East TN often surprizes because they don't get a lot of media coverage. I am going with 2 of the the "big 3" of PC, LC and BTW in the finals hoping PC is one of them and they bring home another gold ball. I'll take FC as the sleeper to get into the finals but don't really feel they can win it all. Having put this in print, I can expect Wartburg and McEwen to whip up on me when they are the last 2 standing!!

I really don't see a "Team-to-beat" this year. It is a wide open tournament. FC is well known in baseball but they have been mowing people down playing with the big ball. McEwen is certainly for real. The media darlings are PC, LC and BTW but who knows where they are going to be placed? Odds are 2 of those 3 could be a first round matchup. LC and PC have the most experience at the big dance in the "boro. East TN often surprizes because they don't get a lot of media coverage. I am going with 2 of the the "big 3" of PC, LC and BTW in the finals hoping PC is one of them and they bring home another gold ball. I'll take FC as the sleeper to get into the finals but don't really feel they can win it all. Having put this in print, I can expect Wartburg and McEwen to whip up on me when they are the last 2 standing!!

Being an east tennessean i would love nothing more then to see Wartburg win it all. Only a few miles down the road from my hometown, Oak Ridge. GO BULLDOGS!

Edited by SweetScience

I agree with everything said so far. BTW, LC, and PC should be the favorites just because of their experience. Wartburg is who I can't wait to watch play because they have the potential to really be a sleeper. McEwen has never been here before and it all comes down to how well they play on the big stage. If they play to their capabilities, it will be fun to see how everything shakes up. I'd love to see a McEwen and Perry Co. State final, but good luck to all the teams.

I agree with everything said so far. BTW, LC, and PC should be the favorites just because of their experience. Wartburg is who I can't wait to watch play because they have the potential to really be a sleeper. McEwen has never been here before and it all comes down to how well they play on the big stage. If they play to their capabilities, it will be fun to see how everything shakes up. I'd love to see a McEwen and Perry Co. State final, but good luck to all the teams.

I have sen about 5 of these teams plays, If you like Run n gun ball you will like Wartburg and the Fountain kid who has kinda taken the state by storm with Mr. Basketball stuff,They also have some talented guards to compliment a whole team, I suppose BTW is favorite, It should be exciting, SOme of these single A school have beaten AA teams in the state, strong teams no doubt!

I have sen about 5 of these teams plays, If you like Run n gun ball you will like Wartburg and the Fountain kid who has kinda taken the state by storm with Mr. Basketball stuff,They also have some talented guards to compliment a whole team, I suppose BTW is favorite, It should be exciting, SOme of these single A school have beaten AA teams in the state, strong teams no doubt!

The Landers will be able to run and gun with anyone down there. Last night in the 4th quarter Oneida players were in a timeout with their hands behind their heads breathing really hard, while the Landers had even more energy than they did in the 1st. There are very few teams out there that play this style as good as the Landers.