Summertown v Clay County

Vandychris

Looks like you're the one who lost their mind. A solid 4th place team in District 7A

As I told 7awatcher a few moments ago that could have easily been Clarkrange playing Summertown tonight. There is not much difference in those two teams! If Summertown was in 7a 4th place would be a real possibility!

Tough pill to swallow...to know we go an entire quarter without scoring and only lose by 2 on a missed shot at the end of overtime leaves me smh....props to Clay Co...one thing for certain-the best two players in the entire field without question were on the court together with Roach and Franklin

Here we go again. You got one right, Roach is one of the best players on the court and nothing against Franklin but Caroline Warden from Jackson County is the better. :popcorneater:

Clay co has a good ballclub and Roach and Ccooper are very good players, Clay and JC know each other well have already played 4 times tith JC winning all of them. Some were blowouts and some were close, but its hard to keep beating a good ball club over and over. But swanson is correct its a whole differant ball game defense wise in 7a than elsewhere in state. For this reason when your off like JC was tonight you can still win.

Edited by senator

Here we go again. You got one right, Roach is one of the best players on the court and nothing against Franklin but Caroline Warden from Jackson County is the better. :popcorneater:

I will miss watching these 2 play, very talented ball players with their talent rewarded tomorrow night...I hope they both put on a show!

Refs are doing their part to keep Summertown in it

I know. Those were the worst officials I've ever seen. They should be "future endeavored" immediately. Poor excuse for state tournament officials. CCHS vs JCHS needs referees that will call it down the middle. There is too much at stake for the game to be decided by the referees.

I'm not sure about that but it will be interesting to watch CCHS vs. JCHS, Part V. Good luck to both teams and I hope to see a classic.

I think some of you are overstating how good 7A is...in the 2nd quarter Stown goes 2-13 from the field, they go from nearly the 6 min mark of the second qtr until nearly the 5 min mark of the third without scoring and they only found themselves down 9...it wasnt so much about defense as it was the shots werent falling...one thing for certain-if (big word, aint it lol) the lady eagles shoot 50% during the dry spell, they win the game in regulation

I think some of you are overstating how good 7A is...in the 2nd quarter Stown goes 2-13 from the field, they go from nearly the 6 min mark of the second qtr until nearly the 5 min mark of the third without scoring and they only found themselves down 9...it wasnt so much about defense as it was the shots werent falling...one thing for certain-if (big word, aint it lol) the lady eagles shoot 50% during the dry spell, they win the game in regulation

LC could say the same about their game with Stown. If they had just hit one more FT in the 4th Stown would not have been playing Clay Co. Whether it is the defense or your team just shooting poorly that is the way it was, no buts/ifs. Clay Co moves on and Stown goes home.

Defense Defense Defense and outside Lawrence County you all haven't seen a team as good as Clay County until the state tournament because you played absolutely noone in the regular season. How can you overstate how good 7a is when BOTH teams are playing for gold?