BTW vs Lake County

theGURU

Zebra , think you're wrong...I see this as a good game if both play well...If (and only IF) Lake Co can regain the level of play last year in the Boro I see them sending the DEPUTY'S boys home...This game is a toss-up if both come to play.

Like i said if i am wrong it wont be the first or the last time. Like i said i wish Lake County good luck and if they pull it out 2 in a row would be great for the LC program and the District.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zebra99, Had alot of respect for you and your posts on here until reading this last one? Someone from Lake Co. make you mad or something?? First, I have NEVER stated that BTW would not be there, I have always said they are a very good team and that Newby is the real deal!! Even stated I believe he will win Mr. Basketball over Lake Co.'s own Rafeal Tyler. Yes schedule strength and all that doesn't matter now just pointing out by playing Brentwood(AAA sub-state), Jackson Southside(AA Sub-state) and Liberty(AA state tourney) as well as Middleton, TCA, Humboldt, Union City, Jackson Northside and Raytown, MO. The Falcons have seen alot of athletes and quality opponents so they will not be intimidated by the Warriors or the moment. Does that equal a win?? Who knows we will find out Thursday. Second, thought we had put the Whitby thing to bed. Really?? Let's see he coached at LC for what 9 years and reached how many state tournaments?? Barger been to 2 in 2 years and has as many rings as Whitby. Next year will likey be a down year for LC due to the fact they lose 7 of their top 9 players. With Zay Coleman and Devon Jones the only returning starters. The addition of transfer Raheem Flowers will help and a expect a couple of incoming Fr. to help immediately. Does that have to do with coaching?? No just talent cycle. Sisco has had 2 years of not getting out of the Region yet that does not diminish his Coaching ability. Whitby's boys, that is funny though because this group did not get out of the Region in 2010 yet won it all in 2011 and are back in the final 8 in 2012. Thought they were Lake County boys myself!! Everyone has an opinion and yours is worth about as much as mine. No disrespect :thumb:

I agree 100% that what these threads are about imo nothing wrong with that. I wish LC good luck and nobody from LC made me mad just giving my imo! No disrespect from here as well!

One final thought, Zebra must have me confused with another Lake Co. poster b/c I never remember stating Booker T Washington would not be there. I did think Humboldt might upset them in the Substate but BTW was more than up to the challenge. I too have seen BTW in person they are long, athletic and talented not just the Newby show. Spencer is good and the guard #30 can play as well. He is quick and handles the ball well. When Middleton had to press toward the end of the game he diced them up. I disagree on the point about Swift he will be fine and I know it is your opinion so we will just say we have a difference of opinion and leave it at that.

What happen to Humboldt is simply no coach. Boykin is a good man been knowing him for years. But he does not know his x's and o's no disrespect meant to the Humboldt fans! Alot of talent as went by the wayside the last ten years! Humboldt should have at least 3 to 4 Gold Balls! That is my imo that's all!I apologize if i have u mixed up with another LC poster but i did read it somwhere! No harm meant! :thumb:

Just wanted to get my opinion in about this.Coach Whitby in my opinion actually had more talented players than Coach B.About 5 of us die hard Falcon fans were talking about this driving to the boro for the girls tournament.Coach Whitby had Russel avery at 6'7 that could shoot from 3 point range and run like a deer.Also had Tony Tyler who signed with Three rivers and is the brother to Rafael tyler.Also had Channin Geanes who was long and tall at about 6'4 and many think he was maybe the best player or one of the best to ever play.Then there was Brandon Springer who at around 6'2 was one of the best athletes and could jump out of the gym and slam flat footed..then then was Sep Valentine,who reminds me a little of Zay Coleman.Not really a shooter but a ball handling wizard that never got tired.I would take that teams over the players Coach b has.But Coach Whitby had Russell out front playing guard and shooting 3's.Plus didn't know who was going to be starting half the time.Maybe the 3rd string and then the starters would have to come in and hopefully bail them out.

Well said bigster, I was going to reply to that post and i haven't replied much for a long time. I have been reading though. Coach Whitby had the talent and superior size. During those years I never missed a game. I was working 1st shift then. Bottom line coach Whitby won a lot of games at LC but he didn't win when it really counted which is the post season. Not at LC anyway. To be fair to him he was not in the best of health near the end at LC. To say that he did some unorthodox things in games such as not calling time outs when they were clearly needed or very strange complete line up changes taking all the starters out. But most bizarre was placing a 6'7" jumping phenomenon at the top of key. Completely out of rebounding range. Ok i think i'll just go back to reading now. Those memories are still painful.

Hopefully you will see that we have a team of scorers, not just Newby. Maybe you can sit by me as eat popcorn and watch another double digit win. It'll be great lmao

BTWSheriff you have a really good team at your back. But there are some other really good teams at this tournament and it is a tough gauntlet to run. Toss it up and let's play it out!

[timestamp=1331441061' post='2785071]

#1. I would rather see the real state championship on saturday. Now , there wil be a blowout in the championship game saturday. On the other hand, im kind of glad that we are going to be able to go ahead and show LC fans early that this is BTW territory. Newby wil be anxious to avenge the AA championship loss from his freshman year. BTW is hungry. I wil be there early sipping my favorite beverage until Newby posterizes another helpless rebounder by catching it off the rim like always.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Sheriff'ic' ..lol..you know your going home early NOW ...it'll save you a ton of $$$$$$$$...gotta agree it'll be a blowout on Sat ..here ya go Friend :popcorneater: ..

#1. I would rather see the real state championship on saturday. Now , there wil be a blowout in the championship game saturday. On the other hand, im kind of glad that we are going to be able to go ahead and show LC fans early that this is BTW territory. Newby wil be anxious to avenge the AA championship loss from his freshman year. BTW is hungry. I wil be there early sipping my favorite beverage until Newby posterizes another helpless rebounder by catching it off the rim like always.

So you're still drinking milk?Nothing wrong with that i guess.

What happen to Humboldt is simply no coach. Boykin is a good man been knowing him for years. But he does not know his x's and o's no disrespect meant to the Humboldt fans! Alot of talent as went by the wayside the last ten years! Humboldt should have at least 3 to 4 Gold Balls! That is my imo that's all!I apologize if i have u mixed up with another LC poster but i did read it somwhere! No harm meant! :thumb:

What happened to Humboldt?Their strong suit is/was the same as BTW,lace 'em up and go!I've said all along the only way BTW does not take the gold ball back to Memphis with them is that an athletic team plays fundamentaly sound basketball,in the way that Trinity Christian did.If Trinity had tried to "just play ball" with the Warriors they would have been blown off the floor.I've tried to tread lightly in stating the difference athleticly between T.C. and Booker T.,out of respect for the heart,determination,and b'ball IQ that the Trinity kids displayed(all qualities needed in an all-around 'baller),but here's the truth...no possible way T.C. should come within 25 of BTW in any circumstance,but they did.If a "better" bunch of athletes plays sound ball against them BTW is vulnerable,if not only Lake Co.has any shot at them at all.

What happened to Humboldt?Their strong suit is/was the same as BTW,lace 'em up and go!I've said all along the only way BTW does not take the gold ball back to Memphis with them is that an athletic team plays fundamentaly sound basketball,in the way that Trinity Christian did.If Trinity had tried to "just play ball" with the Warriors they would have been blown off the floor.I've tried to tread lightly in stating the difference athleticly between T.C. and Booker T.,out of respect for the heart,determination,and b'ball IQ that the Trinity kids displayed(all qualities needed in an all-around 'baller),but here's the truth...no possible way T.C. should come within 25 of BTW in any circumstance,but they did.If a "better" bunch of athletes plays sound ball against them BTW is vulnerable,if not only Lake Co.has any shot at them at all.

why did thread die...........GO FALCONS