McEwen VS Cloudland

MrTSSAA

I'm not sure who'll take this one,I'd say Cloudland would be the underdogs,the one thing I do Know is Cloudland will scrap for 4 quarters.Good luck Landers.Pressure is on everyone else,playing with house money.

Wouldn't expect anything else, especially for a state tournament game. McEwen will scrap for it too if they get down. Wish it was Thursday already!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did mcewen not make it when Daniel Puckett played for them?

No. They made it to substate, but I was told Puckett got into foul trouble (which was unusual for him.. but you know how refs can be) and they lost.

Someone just told me they didn't make it to Substate when he was playing, it must have been 1st or 2nd round of region. But still, they were a great team back then!

Edited by rachelwright14

I never got to watch him play hs ball however I saw him on tv several times playing for Tulane against Memphis. I'm really good friends with his cousin Rian Puckett who played at Hickman several years and I talk to Daniel every now and then. Pretty cool person!

I'm a senior now, so I never got to talk to him, but I've heard he was awesome on and off the court!

I do realize that nobody is giving Cloudland a chance. So here goes I am on the outside looking in. I believe this will become a major upset. I have looked at McEwen stats and teams that they have played all year. There strenght of schedule 107 out of 110 schools. That proves to me that they have not meet the fire power that they will meet in the boro. The only team with a little power put a scare into them in the substate. Collinwood from District 6a and they were a 4 seat in that district. We have already seen whats to good teams coming into boro with no experience look what happened to Waverly Central girls. Just statin facts. The boro has taken its wrath on many good teams. So my pickis Cloundland by 6 because of thier experience.

I do realize that nobody is giving Cloudland a chance. So here goes I am on the outside looking in. I believe this will become a major upset. I have looked at McEwen stats and teams that they have played all year. There strenght of schedule 107 out of 110 schools. That proves to me that they have not meet the fire power that they will meet in the boro. The only team with a little power put a scare into them in the substate. Collinwood from District 6a and they were a 4 seat in that district. We have already seen whats to good teams coming into boro with no experience look what happened to Waverly Central girls. Just statin facts. The boro has taken its wrath on many good teams. So my pickis Cloundland by 6 because of thier experience.

I understand how the strength of schedule looks, but it's not like the only team McEwen played was Collinwood. White House Heritage is a VERY strong team and would have went to a sub-state game if it wasn't for MTCS catching fire at the right time. McEwen played them 3 times this year. Forrest was also a quality opponent and so was Summertown to a degree. I do get what you are saying though and you could could be right. As a McEwen fan, I'm extremely nervous, but also excited because I know the opportunity is there if we will just show up and take it. McEwen has the players to be successful in this tournament as long as they don't get caught up in the moment. Great PG, great defense, and great team concepts are all things this team possesses and are crucial. It will be fun to see how everything goes down. I'm looking forward to it. :popcorneater:

I understand how the strength of schedule looks, but it's not like the only team McEwen played was Collinwood. White House Heritage is a VERY strong team and would have went to a sub-state game if it wasn't for MTCS catching fire at the right time. McEwen played them 3 times this year. Forrest was also a quality opponent and so was Summertown to a degree. I do get what you are saying though and you could could be right. As a McEwen fan, I'm extremely nervous, but also excited because I know the opportunity is there if we will just show up and take it. McEwen has the players to be successful in this tournament as long as they don't get caught up in the moment. Great PG, great defense, and great team concepts are all things this team possesses and are crucial. It will be fun to see how everything goes down. I'm looking forward to it. :popcorneater:

As a Summertown fan, I wouldnt call us a quality opponent this year....I am a McEwen/Perry County fan this week, rest assured, but, I warn anyone from McEwen-players, coaches, fans-DO NOT TAKE THINGS GOR GRANTED!!!!! Come out, play your game, dictate the tempo (play your halff court set and work the ball and pick your spots to run), play solid defense and use your fundamentals to block out for rebounds and hit your free throws.....I am picking McEwen by 11, stretching it out at the line at the end (very reminiscent of the Stown substate game last year, close throughout with the gap widening at the end)

As a Summertown fan, I wouldnt call us a quality opponent this year....I am a McEwen/Perry County fan this week, rest assured, but, I warn anyone from McEwen-players, coaches, fans-DO NOT TAKE THINGS GOR GRANTED!!!!! Come out, play your game, dictate the tempo (play your halff court set and work the ball and pick your spots to run), play solid defense and use your fundamentals to block out for rebounds and hit your free throws.....I am picking McEwen by 11, stretching it out at the line at the end (very reminiscent of the Stown substate game last year, close throughout with the gap widening at the end)

Summertown had their moments this year, which is why I said to a degree, but you are exactly right with what you said. I hope are boys don't take anything for granted. I don't think they will, but you never know until the game ends. I think Middle Tennessee will represent well this week.

Don't worry about McEwen taking anything for granted. This team plays with great purpose. They may lose but it won't because of overconfidence. Show people you are for real again. Too many teams overlook them and their super point guard. Much better team than people give them credit. Good luck!