McEwen VS Cloudland

MrTSSAA

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is McEwen's first trip to the glass house, then I wouldn't expect instant success. Cloudland has been there 5 times since 2006 and the boys on the floor had a lot of minutes last year. What Cloudland lacks in size, they make up for in fight.

This is McEwen's first trip and that could play a big factor. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is pretty close, although I hope it's a blowout in McEwen's favor. :)

As far as I know everyone who posts on the boys basketball forum from McEwen is a fan and not a player on the team...

I do not image you have to worry about McEwen showing up, or being to cocky... I might even worry about them being confident as this their first trip to the glass house...

They will show up, play pretty hard, and more than likely win by 10+... If you watch them they are a not a flashy team that will run the score up on you, so I do not image this game to get to bad due to the style of ball they play... They will play a somewhat methodical game and rely on their match ups and experience to pull them through... Often times when people use the term "methodical" and "match ups" they are referencing a weaker, less athletic team... This will not be the case for McEwen in the opening round...

The draw could not have worked out much better for them, BUT THEY HAVE TO PERFORM...

Warriors roll in their debut at the Murphy Center aka "The Glass House"...

Also, I would not be surprised if McEwen bring the largest crowd for the opening round in 1A...

Come on Thursday... roll time roll...

As far as I know everyone who posts on the boys basketball forum from McEwen is a fan and not a player on the team...

I do not image you have to worry about McEwen showing up, or being to cocky... I might even worry about them being confident as this their first trip to the glass house...

They will show up, play pretty hard, and more than likely win by 10+... If you watch them they are a not a flashy team that will run the score up on you, so I do not image this game to get to bad due to the style of ball they play... They will play a somewhat methodical game and rely on their match ups and experience to pull them through... Often times when people use the term "methodical" and "match ups" they are referencing a weaker, less athletic team... This will not be the case for McEwen in the opening round...

The draw could not have worked out much better for them, BUT THEY HAVE TO PERFORM...

Warriors roll in their debut at the Murphy Center aka "The Glass House"...

Also, I would not be surprised if McEwen bring the largest crowd for the opening round in 1A...

Come on Thursday... roll time roll...

They better get as far ahead as they can. If there is time to run the score up, its for the richest prize in Tennessee. We played a solid AA team early in the year. We were down 33-16 at half time and wound up winning 76-67. We scored 60 points in a half! These landers can play, and I guarantee McEwen will not get to relax until the final horn. :thumb:

They better get as far ahead as they can. If there is time to run the score up, its for the richest prize in Tennessee. We played a solid AA team early in the year. We were down 33-16 at half time and wound up winning 76-67. We scored 60 points in a half! These landers can play, and I guarantee McEwen will not get to relax until the final horn. :thumb:

Well unless a team is terrible, which Cloudland isnt, McEwen typically doesn't ever blow teams out. It's not there style of play but sometimes that can be a fault to this team since teams might hang around longer than they should. This game SHOULD be double digits, but that doesn't mean it will be. Cloudland is gonna show up ready to scrap and whoever brings the most heart can go a long way.

Well unless a team is terrible, which Cloudland isnt, McEwen typically doesn't ever blow teams out. It's not there style of play but sometimes that can be a fault to this team since teams might hang around longer than they should. This game SHOULD be double digits, but that doesn't mean it will be. Cloudland is gonna show up ready to scrap and whoever brings the most heart can go a long way.

Perfect description of us, We Scrap. We may lose this game but we will fight til the end. If we get hot from behind the arc, we have a very good chance in this one. We don't rely on the 3 alot though, which is unusual for a smaller team. This game may have a low score because from what McEwen posters are saying defense is their forte' too. Nobody is really giving us a chance on these boards but thats the way we like it. We have thrived in the role of underdog all year. Wouldn't have it any other way. Looking forward to game time. Hope all teams(and fans) have a safe trip down, see y'all Thursday.