Will the Dragon Wagon in Clinton Improve in 2012?

Dragonpride96

Hmmmmmm, well, from what I know about the district, Clinton would certainly be better if it could have kept several players that went to Grace and Anderson County. But would Clinton have been better than Anderson County? I'm not convinced. AC seems to have a pretty high caliber of coaches. Another team in the district -- Halls -- has suffered a lot of defections over the years and so can make the same argument. Grace's QB is a Halls kid. You just play with the hand you're dealt I suppose and it's the coaches' responsibility to find a way to get the players to achieve.

It's beyond that and I'm not blaming anybody but Clinton. Pyke, Patrick, and Minga would make Clinton a different team, 3 all state players. This problem has been going on for about 10 years, getting it fixed should be priority number one for the coaches. Kids are going to transfer but at a certain point it hurts the game, high school ball shouldn't be about that.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happens to all teams, man...If Oak Ridge had of had Chris Gholston (A-E), Zach Stuart (West), Kerbyson (Catholic) a few years back, with UT now...We would be a different team too, but it's just how it goes this day an age. Gone are the days of having the pride of playing for your hometown team and boys you grew up with. It still exists, but not like it used to. It's all about where you can get the most exposure and playing time etc etc

Happens to all teams, man...If Oak Ridge had of had Chris Gholston (A-E), Zach Stuart (West), Kerbyson (Catholic) a few years back, with UT now...We would be a different team too, but it's just how it goes this day an age. Gone are the days of having the pride of playing for your hometown team and boys you grew up with. It still exists, but not like it used to. It's all about where you can get the most exposure and playing time etc etc

Clinton's biggest problem currently is the transfer named Eric Snider.

• 2 weeks later...

Talking with some Clinton Folks, they seem to think 5-5 would be about the best they could hope for and build off that for next season.

Clinton's qb Willard is the key to the Dragons having a better season than last year. Willard missed the first half of the season for Clinton last year and that killed them. I believe with Willard, Clinton wouldve beaten Halls in the season opener and set the tone for the rest of the season.

Wow this is fun watching AC and Clinton Accuse each other of cheating and recruiting ETC... LOL How bout keeping both your coaches out of Jacksboro Middle and LaFollette middle and play with the kids coming up from their own Middle schools. Then maybe , just maybe, Campbell county can have a few decent years. AC has never abd I mean NEVER had an outstanding season that their key player or players, werent from Campbell county. Just check it out you guys know its true. I mean My kid went to Middle school in AC, went to AC to play. Didnt get to play alot because everyone in front of him was from Campbell County. He was good enough to beat all the kids in AC out to play, but when your binging in 8-10 kids from outside, its hard to play. And thats just CC kids, their recruiting everywhere now because the Price boys are at CC and keeping all the talent there now. Alot of parents are sick of the way their being done at AC and mpving their kids to GRACE. AC messed up when they let Johnny Cox take the athletic director job at Grace. Alot of people in AC go to church at Grace and that is a great rucruiting tool for them to slide over to Grace. Johnny knows alot of people in AC and that helps them. So take your lumps like the rest of the district. AC will win 5 games, Clinton maybe 2, and I love it. LOL

Wow this is fun watching AC and Clinton Accuse each other of cheating and recruiting ETC... LOL How bout keeping both your coaches out of Jacksboro Middle and LaFollette middle and play with the kids coming up from their own Middle schools. Then maybe , just maybe, Campbell county can have a few decent years. AC has never abd I mean NEVER had an outstanding season that their key player or players, werent from Campbell county. Just check it out you guys know its true. I mean My kid went to Middle school in AC, went to AC to play. Didnt get to play alot because everyone in front of him was from Campbell County. He was good enough to beat all the kids in AC out to play, but when your binging in 8-10 kids from outside, its hard to play. And thats just CC kids, their recruiting everywhere now because the Price boys are at CC and keeping all the talent there now. Alot of parents are sick of the way their being done at AC and mpving their kids to GRACE. AC messed up when they let Johnny Cox take the athletic director job at Grace. Alot of people in AC go to church at Grace and that is a great rucruiting tool for them to slide over to Grace. Johnny knows alot of people in AC and that helps them. So take your lumps like the rest of the district. AC will win 5 games, Clinton maybe 2, and I love it. LOL

A lot of truth to this, especially AC..One of Their best QBs ever Jamey Chadwell was a Campbell countian. One of their best RB's ever was Clintonian Curtis Larue.

Edited by SweetScience

I mean My kid went to Middle school in AC, went to AC to play. Didnt get to play alot because everyone in front of him was from Campbell County. He was good enough to beat all the kids in AC out to play, but when your binging in 8-10 kids from outside, its hard to play. *** Alot of parents are sick of the way their being done at AC and mpving their kids to GRACE. *** Alot of people in AC go to church at Grace and that is a great rucruiting tool for them to slide over to Grace. *** AC will win 5 games, Clinton maybe 2, and I love it. LOL

No dog in the fight but I must disagree that there's much truth here. Kids go where they think they'll be treated better and if they're good where they'll get the most attention. What's wrong with that? Happens all the time with the Maryvilles and Alcoas and that's at least partially why, SS, your team hasn't been able to defeat the former in a while. Instead, looks a lot like hurt feelings and lashing out by CC. Also, Grace is a loooooong way from Anderson County High School so I'd be real surprised if a "lot" of AC folks attend church there.

No dog in the fight but I must disagree that there's much truth here. Kids go where they think they'll be treated better and if they're good where they'll get the most attention. What's wrong with that? Happens all the time with the Maryvilles and Alcoas and that's at least partially why, SS, your team hasn't been able to defeat the former in a while. Instead, looks a lot like hurt feelings and lashing out by CC. Also, Grace is a loooooong way from Anderson County High School so I'd be real surprised if a "lot" of AC folks attend church there.

Agreed, Moronicus...But, what can we do? lol Everybody used to say OR recruited back when we were kicking a** in the 70's 80's and 90's..I played in 94 95 96 and went to grade school and Junior High with every kid that started for OR in those years, but we were "recruiting" lol..A lot of times people get jealous of success and wanna make accusations, when a lot of the time it isn't true. It wasn't in the years i played for Oak Ridge. Now for Maryville? Who knows? If you don't get caught i guess it's fair game? Alcoa doesn't need to recruit, if you ask me. Their is PLENTY of talent in that small town, trust me i live in Blount County. I know it makes a lot of Maryville fans mad when you bring it up, but their are always going to be question marks about that stuff, just like their was for Oak Ridge in their great run. But, we never won that many consecutive titles. what Maryville is doing now is just unheard of in the history of TN HS Football. I think, and i believe this wholeheartedly that Maryville is benefitting from probably one of the best coaching staffs in not only the southeast, but the whole country. I firmly believe that. When GQ leaves there, (if he ever does? lol) Maryville will still be "good", because they traditionally always have been, but their is no way i don't think they will be as good as they have been for the past 10+ years. Maybe they will prove me wrong? But, they never had this type of success in 80+ years of football till GQ took over, their is something to be said about that. Albeit they have had some really good teams over the years, but nothing like this.