I'm Done

CPA4Ever

If fans do not use the Report system to alert me to topics/posts that they take issue with then I can not keep up with them. I have had no reports about the topics that are mentioned here until 10 minutes ago. None.

Without dwelling on excuses, I have been fighting meningitis for the last three weeks, including 7 days in Centennial Hospital in Nashville, and have not read the boards except for Reports I have received about other topics.

Please use the Report button (bottom left) to report unacceptable content.

If fans do not use the Report system to alert me to topics/posts that they take issue with then I can not keep up with them. I have had no reports about the topics that are mentioned here until 10 minutes ago. None.

Without dwelling on excuses, I have been fighting meningitis for the last three weeks, including 7 days in Centennial Hospital in Nashville, and have not read the boards except for Reports I have received about other topics.

Best wishes for a full recovery. Take care...

Sorry to hear about your meningitis and recent hospital stay. Was yours viral or bacterial? I pray you're cured from this, or will be!

In general, many people on here need to be more respectful to one another, and certainly not pick out any athlete to condemn. Some of these young athletes have family members reading on here and I'm sure whomever is being critical of a specific player wouldn't enjoy reading something too critical of their family member on a public forum. In addition to that, cursing shouldn't ever be tolerated.

We all like to tease fans of others schools some, and while I'm not thin-skinned about things, I try to temper my jocularity if someone else is getting too mad. As you mentioned, we have a venue for reporting abuse.

Sorry to hear about your meningitis and recent hospital stay. Was yours viral or bacterial? I pray you're cured from this, or will be!

In general, many people on here need to be more respectful to one another, and certainly not pick out any athlete to condemn. Some of these young athletes have family members reading on here and I'm sure whomever is being critical of a specific player wouldn't enjoy reading something too critical of their family member on a public forum. In addition to that, cursing shouldn't ever be tolerated.

We all like to tease fans of others schools some, and while I'm not thin-skinned about things, I try to temper my jocularity if someone else is getting too mad. As you mentioned, we have a venue for reporting abuse.

Viral. Bacterial would have killed me, most likely. Still having headaches plus balance and walking issues. Getting better.

...and people wonder why coacht is starting to fall off compared to years past. I honestly think that the CPA thread should be locked. CPA4Ever, I've never had a problem with you or CPA for that matter. You're supporting and defending your school just as I would if all of these comments were thrown at me. These people are hating on CPA because they recruit.... SO WHAT!!! HALF OF THE PUBLIC SCHOOL'S IN TENNESSEE RECRUIT TOO! and if you think that ain't true, I'll start throwing out some ugly facts of public school's here in West TN that recruit. I was warned by a leader on this site a couple of years ago for accusing a school of recruiting when I was told by someone's family member that they were recruited to go to that school. I think the fact that the CPA thread has not been locked is total BS! Everytime I accused someone of recruiting, my thread got locked and I was warned.

You are right. When my daughter was in the eight and ninth grade going to camps in the summer coachs would talk to her about how they would use her. I had a couple explain the p o box thing to me. It happens all the time weather people want to admit it or not. The parent must decide what kind of example they want to set for the kid. I don't want to upset you but your school was one. And I'm sure mine has done the same. Like you said its a state wide thing.

Daroundball, I don't dispute anything you say. It happens ALOT and EVERYWHERE. Good luck to bradford in their coaching search. Word around here is you guys might be getting our coach. Its not for sure but just hearsay around our area.

I have heard the same thing. We are going down more this year. But I see things getting better in a couple years. The boys are going to be pretty good the next couple years.

...These people are hating on CPA because they recruit.... SO WHAT!!! HALF OF THE PUBLIC SCHOOL'S IN TENNESSEE RECRUIT TOO! and if you think that ain't true, I'll start throwing out some ugly facts of public school's here in West TN that recruit. I was warned by a leader on this site a couple of years ago for accusing a school of recruiting when I was told by someone's family member that they were recruited to go to that school...

I am a little confused on your perspective. I can’t tell if you are upset about recruiting outside the rules or you merely accept it as a nature of the beast. This confusion results from trying to point it out where you knew it was going on and getting chastised, but then also say “So What?†I never will accept the argument “privates not the only one,†or “publics just as bad†to somehow justify one group or the other. Knowing what sports are designed to do, anyone who is a true fan of sports should be an advocate “if outside of rules it is wrong and should be cleaned up.†Of course there are those who follow that line of thinking “don’t talk about my area if you are not going to clean up your area first†which of course is understandable. This is why true sports fans should be supporting cleaning up all areas, because if you are wrong, then you are wrong and shouldn’t matter who points it out (if you are a person who truly wants to do right). If you are wrong and someone else doing wrong points out your wrong, does it make it any more right for you? It may make it extremely frustrating and even hypocritical on their part, but certainly doesn’t make it any more right on your part. (Not speaking to you personally, talking in general terms.)

Edited by kbrks

I am a little confused on your perspective. I can’t tell if you are upset about recruiting outside the rules or you merely accept it as a nature of the beast. This confusion results from trying to point it out where you knew it was going on and getting chastised, but then also say “So What?†I never will accept the argument “privates not the only one,†or “publics just as bad†to somehow justify one group or the other. Knowing what sports are designed to do, anyone who is a true fan of sports should be an advocate “if outside of rules it is wrong and should be cleaned up.†Of course there are those who follow that line of thinking “don’t talk about my area if you are not going to clean up your area first†which of course is understandable. This is why true sports fans should be supporting cleaning up all areas, because if you are wrong, then you are wrong and shouldn’t matter who points it out (if you are a person who truly wants to do right). If you are wrong and someone else doing wrong points out your wrong, does it make it any more right for you? It may make it extremely frustrating and even hypocritical on their part, but certainly doesn’t make it any more right on your part. (Not speaking to you personally, talking in general terms.)

Here's what I'm getting at...

Everyone is putting CPA out there BIG TIME on this site accusing them of recruiting and that they should play in a different division etc. Truth is, as I've explained to LtDan, if you look at ALL sports across the state of Tennessee as a whole, ALOT of PUBLIC high school's recruit to get hopefully work their way towards a state tournament/championship. If you don't believe me, look at how many "ineligible players" you hear about or how many games a team had to forfeit because they had an "ineligible player". There's no real way for the TSSAA to prove that "recruiting" goes on if all guidelines for the transfer rule are done right. If you're going to be on here bashing CPA for recruiting, you mine as well go ahead and bash alot of the public school's in Tennessee. Recruiting goes on ALOT more than what people think and realize. Look at sports as a whole in Tennessee and you'll see what I mean.