Springfield Yellow Jackets 2012

OldJacketFan

i want to clarify, i have nothing against a middle school coach and it does sound like he has some prior high school experience. The only person that really pays for coaches gaining experience is the kids. It normally take a few years on the job to gain head coaching experience and the kids have to survive a new coach getting his feet underneath him. I have heard nothing but good things about coach wilson. It does bother me of how the handling of the firing was handled. The program had made strides and seemed to be gaining momentum. We may never know what really happened and it maybe be better if it never comes out. I know that some principals want there own guy no matter how successful or well liked the other coach is. If a move is to be made it is normally better to change before a coach you really dont want having success and then get "stuck' with him until another losing streak starts.....it has been difficult to watch such a once powerful and proud program led by coach smith get stuck in a terminal sort of mediocrity.....the other killer was the private schools like goodpasture and davidson academy were able to establish a foot hole in primarily the really good white athletes...when springifield was at its best it was a great mixture of springfield kids and the kids that went to coopertown

So are they seriously considering a middle school coach? Who else is on the short list? Spring practice is coming up awfully quick.

Crazy rumors are plentiful, who knows. One thing is for sure, we should not be in this situation. We had our program moving in the right direction with a good coach, but a principal who has been on the job 8 months, wants to go in another direction. This decision was not made for the betterment of our program, and I'm afraid our program will go in the direction Mr. Grimes wants it to go. I hope I'am wrong but I see us taking a step back and I know who we can all thank for that.

I wish nothing but the best from all the atheletic programs in Robertson co, it's jus sad to see the Jacket Program leaderless starting with the top administration there, I really thought Kelly and staff were on the edge of good things to come,,, can't beat politics these days ! Springfield is absoutely loaded with kids that can change a program quickly if u can get em to play and I thought Kelly was doing a nice job of gettn them to play, instituted discipline, teamwork, and some really good assistants to help out and give the youth good direction after FB, good luck to the Jackets and hopefully the other direction that Grimes is looking for won't put the program back to the cellar !

Side note : eventually Coopertown "will" have their own HS and I feel that's not too far off in the future either

I wish nothing but the best from all the atheletic programs in Robertson co, it's jus sad to see the Jacket Program leaderless starting with the top administration there, I really thought Kelly and staff were on the edge of good things to come,,, can't beat politics these days ! Springfield is absoutely loaded with kids that can change a program quickly if u can get em to play and I thought Kelly was doing a nice job of gettn them to play, instituted discipline, teamwork, and some really good assistants to help out and give the youth good direction after FB, good luck to the Jackets and hopefully the other direction that Grimes is looking for won't put the program back to the cellar !

Side note : eventually Coopertown "will" have their own HS and I feel that's not too far off in the future either

I do not know the exact numbers but that could possibly put Springfield down a class. When I was in school I dont think it would have mattered much if at all but now Coopertown sends pretty good sized group over to the high school each year.....

I do not know the exact numbers but that could possibly put Springfield down a class. When I was in school I dont think it would have mattered much if at all but now Coopertown sends pretty good sized group over to the high school each year.....

Springfield and Sycamore will lose some numbers as a result of this

Talking to some of the boys at the fundraiser on Saturday, and heard some interesting news. Word is that Coaches Southerland and former Jackets Coach Inman have applied and will interview this week. Does anyone know who all is interviewing, and if Southerland is going to interview? When I talked to Coach he said he is moving back home. We would sure love to have him if the rumor is true. Are there any other coaches that will be interviewing this week?

Talking to some of the boys at the fundraiser on Saturday, and heard some interesting news. Word is that Coaches Southerland and former Jackets Coach Inman have applied and will interview this week. Does anyone know who all is interviewing, and if Southerland is going to interview? When I talked to Coach he said he is moving back home. We would sure love to have him if the rumor is true. Are there any other coaches that will be interviewing this week?

Southerland? Is this not the same guy who just resigned so he could be closer to his family?