1. 1. Who will win 4A NEXT SEASON

• Coalfield
    • Jellico
    • Oakdale
    • Oliver Springs
    • Oneida
    • Sunbright
    • Wartburg

What happened to our girls last night? We didn't look together during the entire second half. Samantha looked completely exhausted and the others didn't step up very well. Good regular season for our girls hopefully we can get it together. I thought the environment was great and thought the games were both exciting, ours for 2 quarters and the first game all the way through. As for Wartburg O.S. game didn't matter where that one was played O.S. only led for about 30 seconds in the game and the combination of Phillips, Hamby, and Laughter was very hard to stop. Also looked like the big girl 21 i think and 2 pitched in with some timely points also.

I get tired of hearing the whole "homecourt advantage" argument. If you do not come ready to play, then you will get beat regardless of where the game is played. Just ask Oneida Boys. Some advantage homecourt got them, they got blown off their own court by, to be completely honest, an inferior team. While yes, playing at home has its perks, but when it comes down to it, you still have to lace up your shoes the same way you always do and play the game.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I get tired of it too. Lady Indians will play hard and Wartburg will do the same. It was two great games in the regular season down to the last second both times. I look forward to this game and have not one single problem going to play at wartburg. Anyone with a brain could see last night that with about 4:00 left the foul count was like 22-4 against wartburg and they were playing zone. Not much advantage there.

We are coming to win on monday as i am sure the lady dogs are. I think these are the two best coaches in the district and two guys that have much respect between them going to be a good one.

• Upvote 1

every year at tourney time they come out of the wood work crying about tourney being at wartburg last 30 games against lady bobcats dating back to 2001 lady dogs are 7-23 against them with 5 of the wins coming in last 3 years or so bottom line lady dogs outplayed em out hustled em and davis outcoached os coach this time of the year u gotta want it to win it

Well.....couple of semi's played and the board suddenly gets some activity. Where you people been? :roflol: Picked 50% right last night.....yuk yuk! Wartburg did a marvelous job of playing at a tempo that suited them and they forced OS into scoring out of their halfcourt sets. OS is easily the best team in the district when the pace is jackrabbit fast because their personnel functions best in that situation. Size-wise they basically play 5 guards so they need to get 14 to 20 points out of their transistion.....last night that did not occur. (6 points on three lay-ups) Wartburg basically just fouled them to keep them from hitting the lay-up. Smart......IMO.

Oneida is starting to get it....Coach West got a sharp effort last night. Yes, the primary scoring went through one player (Stephens) but that was essentially just taking what the defense was giving them. Morgan played much sharper last night and it had a positive effect in how the team played. Williams just continues to get better and she could be as improved in a season as anyone else in the district. Coalfield, with the exception of the first three minutes of the game, was never really in this one....and it appeared the Oneida D was very effective.

Kaza Kon :thumb:

Kaz,

I know you have coached before and I don't like to second guess coaches very much but can you explain why O.S. doesn't run and press like say the wartburg boys do? Take quick shots and force the issue with tempo? Looks to someone with no coaching experience that they are built unlike most girl's teams to force an above 100 mph style of play. Last night they looked like they were not just ok with a slower tempo but actually wanted it that way.

I really don't think they were ever satisfied with he tempo last night. It did appear that Wartburg did a very good job breaking down their press last night. I wouldn't think you can always dictate how effective a team is going to be if your press isn't creating a lot of turnovers. OS had a rough time getting steals out of their press.....which is inevitably why Wartburg won. Wartburg got back defensively and forced OS to score out of their sets. While they scored against it a lot, it becomes a grind to do it repetatively. Wartburg is the only team that did not change what they were doing defensively (2-3 match-up) because it forced OS to work for their scores. It would have been a mistake to play a faster tempo....and Wartburg didn't budge from their game plan. I think OS will be fine, just didn't get the flow they wanted to be in, which is playing fast.

:thumb: Kazzy :thumb:

Edited by kazam37

Look at it how you will but over the past four years.

Wartburg's

16-2 at home

0-1 on road

0-2 neutral sites

OS

2-0 at home

1-4 on road

3-1 at neutral sites

Coalfield

4-0 at home

1-4 on road

3-1 at neutral sites

Oneida

3-1 at home

0-2 on road

1-4 at neutral sites

Oakdale

2-1 at home

3-6 on road

4-1 at neutral sites.

The top 5 teams are 27-4 at home and 5-17 on the road in postseason play.

Edited by goosevol

Look at it how you will but over the past four years.

Wartburg's

16-2 at home

0-1 on road

0-2 neutral sites

OS

2-0 at home

1-4 on road

3-1 at neutral sites

Coalfield

4-0 at home

1-4 on road

3-1 at neutral sites

Oneida

3-1 at home

0-2 on road

1-4 at neutral sites

Oakdale

2-1 at home

3-6 on road

4-1 at neutral sites.

The top 5 teams are 27-4 at home and 5-17 on the road in postseason play.

Could be why Wartburg wants the tournament at their place. Hmmmmm :roll::o