Gordonsville Tigers 2012

croz6110

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Letters don't really mean anything. College coaches send out thousands of letters everyday. The ones that count are the one's that are hand written. I think MTSU could be pushing it, because of what they do on offense and do not utilize a TE. I believe if he goes there he needs to redshirt and put on weight and learn to play a center or guard spot. Watson I believe is a DII guy or a at best a OVC. Payne all I know about him is he is big, and I think McCoy could play at Cumberland and walk on at other schools. Once again this is my opinion.

That's why I said take the letter from Auburn for what it's worth. Coen will probably be a defensive player in college. I've seen other kids that start for MTSU play in high school, and I don't think they were as good as Coen is. Watson could play small D1 in the slot(MTSU). Payne is surprisingly athletic, but I think a small school will be the best he'll be able to do as is McCoy.(who I think WKU has been interested)

All of this is based on my observations and comparisons to other College players that I saw in high school and conversations with some of the coaches.

That's why I said take the letter from Auburn for what it's worth. Coen will probably be a defensive player in college. I've seen other kids that start for MTSU play in high school, and I don't think they were as good as Coen is. Watson could play small D1 in the slot(MTSU). Payne is surprisingly athletic, but I think a small school will be the best he'll be able to do as is McCoy.(who I think WKU has been interested)

All of this is based on my observations and comparisons to other College players that I saw in high school and conversations with some of the coaches.

With his, Coen, height and build, I would project him as a guard.

I just don't see Watson being able to play such a high level as MTSU personally I just don't think he has the size or speed or get afteritness to play there. I do think he can play he is just not MTSU level! All of mine is based on seeing the recruiting process of a few of my former players and actually talking to the college coaches and what they look for.

Edited by oldsc7

I just don't see Watson being able to play such a high level as MTSU personally I just don't think he has the size or speed or get afteritness to play there. I do think he can play he is just not MTSU level! All of mine is based on seeing the recruiting process of a few of my former players and actually talking to the college coaches and what they look for.

Watson runs a 4.5, I think that's legitimate speed. I know of some kids that played at MTSU that I think Coen and Watson can definitely compete with, however, I will give you this, you are more familiar with all that than I am.

Watson runs a 4.5, I think that's legitimate speed. I know of some kids that played at MTSU that I think Coen and Watson can definitely compete with, however, I will give you this, you are more familiar with all that than I am.

It's not his speed I doubt. It is his measureables. To be a 5'9" 180lb kid, you better be fast and jitter bug! For example, TT Harper whom I played against in high school. Legit 4.4 and jitter bug, but he was 5'6" and wasn't looked at by some schools. He was a JUCO all american but signed with UTC. And he also didn't have the best grades. At Alcoa, we had a FB whom you may remember #2, he was a stud but he wasn't big enough for or physical enough for D1 ball he is at UTC. We also had #1 who is the starting FB at UK, but he is taller and bigger than #2 was and he also played with a chip on his shoulder.

I heard someone say they had about 25 to 30 seniors. That will be a big plus for the Tigers.

We hear talking down here in trousdale co. About how good yall going be yall been good last couple of years but let me ask u what going happen when u face tc this yr lol maybe choke like always. Bottom line talk is cheap our jackets will be waiting on yall so keep talking and we keep working and we c who talk last lol