District 9-AA 2012

bigredbird

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know, but look for the sophomore and junior classes to have a HUGE impact the next 2-3 years at Greenbrier. They are LOA-DED with talent, size, heart and game IQ. They are also a close bunch of guys that like each other, somewhat like the '05/'06 classes. May not be as stout, but you never know. Coaching (under- and over-) will make or break this 'window of opportunity' to be VERY good, in my opinion.

Remember these names: Young, Pentecost, Brown(?), Adcox, Johns, Lynn, Laney (yep, li'l bro!...'cept he ain't 'little'), Cherry (tfr., get this, FROM GP...back home!), Malgioglio, T. Hall, Gonser, Derseweh, Boyles and a few more 'gamers' that have escaped my memory at the moment.

Don't know, but look for the sophomore and junior classes to have a HUGE impact the next 2-3 years at Greenbrier. They are LOA-DED with talent, size, heart and game IQ. They are also a close bunch of guys that like each other, somewhat like the '05/'06 classes. May not be as stout, but you never know. Coaching (under- and over-) will make or break this 'window of opportunity' to be VERY good, in my opinion.

Remember these names: Young, Pentecost, Brown(?), Adcox, Johns, Lynn, Laney (yep, li'l bro!...'cept he ain't 'little'), Cherry (tfr., get this, FROM GP...back home!), Malgioglio, T. Hall, Gonser, Derseweh, Boyles and a few more 'gamers' that have escaped my memory at the moment.

24 Sophmores return - many of these played or were starters last year. The 14 Juniors returning will be similar in comparison to last year's Senior class with a handful of standouts, but with a more experienced supporting cast. The difference this year and next will be experience and depth. Some of the young guys left off your list: Sophmore, Brady Dorris is going to cause some problems for the Right side of some offensive lines. Others include Nick Young, Chance Bennett, and Jackson Jolly. Seniors Elder, Kinle, Strong, De Dios, and the Abel twins will definitely make a difference. I am anxious to see how Senior, Chima McGruder, does this year. One of the biggest, fastest, and strongest players on the field, but will need to improve his vision and protecting the football to make the impact I believe he could make. Looking forward to the 2012 season.

Yea I like the talent at greenbrier they have it all in the upcoming junior class. Great skill position players and a few good linemen I think some of the players are little overrated and some lack size and toughness. I also don't like how their most talented player is the laziest but they've got hype and need to keep up their hard work and they won't disappoint.

Edited by conpeach3

I don’t want to disrespect the fine people from Greenbrier, but your team won two games. You beat Heritage by 1 and Portland by 1. I think you will be better but not the top in the district!

Goodpasture, Macon Co, & White House lost a tone of talent, But Goodpasture & White House will RELOAD while Macon Co will need to rebuild. I dont think any of the three will have a QB like last year.

Maybe Sycamore makes a push to be one of the better teams but not at the top.

Westmorland. Needs more talent.

1. White House

2. Goodpasture

3. Sycamore

4. Greenbrier

5. Macon Co.

6. Westmorland

I don’t want to disrespect the fine people from Greenbrier, but your team won two games. You beat Heritage by 1 and Portland by 1. I think you will be better but not the top in the district!

Goodpasture, Macon Co, & White House lost a tone of talent, But Goodpasture & White House will RELOAD while Macon Co will need to rebuild. I dont think any of the three will have a QB like last year.

Maybe Sycamore makes a push to be one of the better teams but not at the top.

Westmorland. Needs more talent.

1. White House

2. Goodpasture

3. Sycamore

4. Greenbrier

5. Macon Co.

6. Westmorland

good post ballfan. i hope white house can finally overcome goodpasture this year!!!! good luck to 9 AA

24 Sophmores return - many of these played or were starters last year. The 14 Juniors returning will be similar in comparison to last year's Senior class with a handful of standouts, but with a more experienced supporting cast. The difference this year and next will be experience and depth. Some of the young guys left off your list: Sophmore, Brady Dorris is going to cause some problems for the Right side of some offensive lines. Others include Nick Young, Chance Bennett, and Jackson Jolly. Seniors Elder, Kinle, Strong, De Dios, and the Abel twins will definitely make a difference. I am anxious to see how Senior, Chima McGruder, does this year. One of the biggest, fastest, and strongest players on the field, but will need to improve his vision and protecting the football to make the impact I believe he could make. Looking forward to the 2012 season.

Greenbrier will have a much improved team from last year and it will be because of the performances of their juniors. However, I don't believe that their Class of 2014 will ever win one against the White House Class of 2014.